Transmogrification is coming

100 Blood Elf Rogue
Now I can tank in my holy gear.

This is stupid.

On the other hand, you no longer have to look like a mole is eating your head.
100 Human Paladin
Is there any chance that, you know, maybe druids would care about this feature at all? It's nice that you're adding in an ability that is going to help the customization of every other class in the game, but druids will still look like the exact same Moonkin/Bear/Cat Form that they've always had. Oh, forgive me, Moonkin will look the same as they have since Vanilla, Ferals got an update in WotLK -- along with Restoration -- and they got a weapon to alter their Cat Form during combat.

It's hard to get excitied for a feature that I'm not even going to notice. Ohh yay, I get to pretend that I'm wearing my Tier 6 again! Oh, but wait, I've looked exactly the same since patch 1.4(? maybe it was 5) so what do I care.

Exactly why I wanted a Paladin over a druid... the ability to look cool and carry a shield without looking like the same ol morphed creature every day.
85 Night Elf Warrior
YES!

I just wish this would have happened sooner.

One suggestion...
YES, REQUIRE that people own the armor piece they are transmogrifying to look like.

Personally I can't wait to have my 85 mage look like this...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k24/nealcavner/Mage.jpg

That is actually pretty-sweet looking for a BE Mage....even for a male.
85 Gnome Warlock
08/17/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Fangwall
If I can turn it off so that I only see what is really being worn by others instead of what they want me to see, I'm all for it. Either that, or it needs to not work in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas and pvp zones like TB.

....why ? Doesnt' matter if the guy wears a plain robe or a t12 looking robe. If you attack or flee from people based on their gear, well than...you know.../chicken

It gives a quick and dirty idea of what to expect from an opponent. I will concentrate more on a better equipped player than a lesser equipped player.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
So will i be able to turn my PVP helm into my favorite rogue S2 Merciless helm If i dont own that helm?
80 Human Priest
08/17/2011 10:46 AMPosted by Shalura
Shouldn't have to if I've already had the gear though. Which is the reason me and many others are wanting clarified if it's enough to have earned it in the past, or if you have to be one of the few who saves everything.

Blizzard doesn't keep track of gear you used to own, unless it came from a quest. So they'll either have to make you have it on hand, or just take your word for it and let everybody use any look from prior sets. "Sure, I used to own a full set of Tier 0. Yes, I know this character is a goblin with the Lost Islands feat."

They do have a way to keep track sine when you delete an item, they can get it back for you.
85 Worgen Death Knight
You asked what I think...

I will wait until all the good questions are answered before passing judgement but right off the bat I'm feeling kind of meh about the whole thing.

It sounds like I have to farm the gear from old content and then put it in the new void storage before it becomes available for transmorg.

Second, in my opinion, the best looking gear for DK's was the set you wore out of the DK starting zone. Well, since it was only worth 2 c a piece, I and several of the folks I know that have DK's got rid of the set as soon as we hit Outland. That stuffs gone and we'll likely never be able to get it back.

On my hunter, the tier 5 set appeals to me but because of fight mechanics, only 3 of the bosses are soloable. I know I could get a couple friends together to do it but even that limited effort seems more than the end result might be worth.

No, unless the service offers the ability to apply skins from any appropriate armor/weapon avail in the game, it will get limited use from me. And if it costs more than reforging, it will get no use from me.
Edited by Vacofunus on 8/17/2011 10:50 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
This is amazing. I'm very exited to play around with it. I only hope you won't be taking any more old raids and dungeons out of the game, so we can obtain our old sets. too bad there are no DK tier from pre WoTLK. oh well. THANKS BLIZZ!! good work! awesome upgrade.
Edited by Synistergrin on 8/18/2011 11:01 AM PDT
85 Undead Mage

It gives a quick and dirty idea of what to expect from an opponent. I will concentrate more on a better equipped player than a lesser equipped player.

I suppose it might be possible that Blizzard will force the gear to switch back to it's original model when you enter into a PVP arena. Then when you leave you get your custom look back.
85 Night Elf Warrior

They already do. How do you think GM's are able to tell if you've owned a piece of gear that you've requested to be restored?

Maybe what will happen is that all items that your able to transmogrify to are already in the interface, but you have to unlock them and just having looted an item once is enough to unlock it (other items are greyed out). But this is just baseless speculation.

This is what I'm hoping for. You shouldn't have to grind old crap to have gear you already had.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do tell you to get the gear back again just to take the majority of the pressure off of the GMs (not like they don't get a lot of BS to begin with).

The last thing GMs need now is constant requests asking for this and that to be restored along with the rest of the crap they deal with.
85 Human Paladin
Now I can tank in my holy gear.

This is stupid.

I'd rather that then the idiocy that this change will bring.

At least I look like I'm in tank gear when I'm tanking.
86 Worgen Hunter
I'll never be happy until I can wear a top hat and monocle while in FLAMING cat form......

Fixt.
My rogue has glaives, but she's assassination specced...

/sob
I don't wanna be combat, you can't make me!

Unless they fix the restrictions, not even combat would be able to use (both) Warglaives. Combat requires a fast offhand weapon, which in Cataclysm leaves you daggers as your only choice for that slot. As I understand it, daggers can't be changed to look like swords... yet.

Please allow dagger and sword looks to be interchangable? Can you hear me Almighty Blues?
100 Blood Elf Rogue

I'd rather that then the idiocy that this change will bring.

At least I look like I'm in tank gear when I'm tanking.

Show me a piece of plate gear that isn't aesthetically suitable for tanking?
100 Human Death Knight
So will death knights just be unable to use any of the old set stuff because we aren't the right class? like pally t2
90 Blood Elf Warlock

You cant get merciless anymore?

Glad I have it on my rogue and lock.

You can, he's just ignorant.

No, I'm pointing out what can be bought with honor, and I'm right. You can waste time doing old raid content if you want; I'm one of many who are supporting the notion that you shouldn't have to have saved everything, and that owning it beforehand should be enough. Keep spouting your crap, though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]