Transmogrification is coming

1 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Kaivax
You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.

Then why is Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros in the last picture... ??
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This is downright stupid. So you're telling me, if I go into arenas, and they have their gear Transwhateverthehell'd, I won't be able to see if they should be my first target? What the hell?

That's so imba, its not funny. And I, for one, really like the looks of my current gear. I am very disappointed, and I find this is just a desperate attempt to bring back the players who left for a lack of content.

I will never be using this pointless feature, and I disagree with it wholeheartedly. Blizzard needs to stop adding pointless aesthetic things, and start actually focusing on game content.

/endrage

Just look at their health. It's not hard to judge how geared someone is. There's nothing bad about this feature, other than maybe the possible restriction of having to have saved old gear and screwing over those that didn't.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
08/17/2011 10:55 AMPosted by Elleii
thats not what you said though. if you dont think its worth the time to grab 5 or 6 85s from trade to do black temple thats your problem. a lot of people will do it just for the achievement and the level 70 content is utterly faceroll. explain that the tokens you need are on reserve, switch to ML before the respective boss.

Not to mention the other people who'll be wanting to run the place for their own gear to transmogrify.
85 Human Rogue
EXCELLENT implementation!

To all the haters knocking this: I would MUCH rather have little fun things in this game than new content. I did the whole hardcore progression thing on multiple toons, and once I went casual I realized just how amazingly fun the little things like this can be. Collecting vanity gear is gonna be a blast now!

15/10 Blizzard. This is a HUGE step in the right direction and now I CANNOT WAIT until 4.3. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Also MAD props to Blizzard for not making this an Activision "Premium" feature! <333
Edited by Cruz on 8/17/2011 11:11 AM PDT
Community Manager
08/17/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Anarcanist
Time to farm my twill set again

This system is going to launch with fairly conservative rules, so that we can get it up and running as soon as possible and make fun improvements down the road. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that we’ll eventually allow transmogrification to use the twill set or [insert your favorite item here], but probably not for the initial launch of the feature.
69 Blood Elf Priest
This is downright stupid. So you're telling me, if I go into arenas, and they have their gear Transwhateverthehell'd, I won't be able to see if they should be my first target? What the hell?

That's so imba, its not funny. And I, for one, really like the looks of my current gear. I am very disappointed, and I find this is just a desperate attempt to bring back the players who left for a lack of content.

I will never be using this pointless feature, and I disagree with it wholeheartedly. Blizzard needs to stop adding pointless aesthetic things, and start actually focusing on game content.

/endrage

A 1500 Rogue angry that instead of looking at gear for a target, he'll have to actually look at the class/hp of the target like he should be doing.

Are you really going to make yourself look that dumb?
90 Blood Elf Warlock

No, I'm pointing out what can be bought with honor, and I'm right. You can waste time doing old raid content if you want; I'm one of many who are supporting the notion that you shouldn't have to have saved everything, and that owning it beforehand should be enough. Keep spouting your crap, though.

thats not what you said though. if you dont think its worth the time to grab 5 or 6 85s from trade to do black temple thats your problem. a lot of people will do it just for the achievement and the level 70 content is utterly faceroll. explain that the tokens you need are on reserve, switch to ML before the respective boss.

Again, you're missing the point. I couldn't care less how easy it is. People who didn't save all their old gear shouldn't be punished. That's the point.
58 Gnome Death Knight
I think Transmogrification is something Blizz will come to regret... one of several areas where it seems like they truly doesn't understand the people that play its game. Coloring armor is one thing... changing the skin entirely is terrible.

This game is primarily about loot... its a status symbol, and defines the players place in the game. Taking away all visual cues around that will suck the soul out of this game 1000 times faster than the green "Heroic" tag on heroic loot could have ever dreamed of.
90 Night Elf Warrior
A thousand thank you's for this feature! Been holding on to my favorite level 60 sets and waiting for this option for years!
85 Human Paladin

I'd rather that then the idiocy that this change will bring.

At least I look like I'm in tank gear when I'm tanking.

No one is forcing you to use the transmogrifier.

Idiots are forcing me to see their clown suits, absolutely.
Edited by Liorna on 8/17/2011 10:58 AM PDT
Community Manager
08/17/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Iamnotolol
You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.
1 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Gurlnextdoor

i'm just guessing, but my guess would be the person in the screenshots owns one. lol

Don't know why they would show it then... I mean the whole point of the picture is to show off Transmogrification...
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
The realism and immersion are poorer for this change :(

you have a tree eating your face

your argument is invalid
90 Troll Hunter

Your fault for not saving your favorite sets.

Why would this be my fault? What indication did I, or anybody else have...a year ago?...6 years ago?...that this would be a feature?
Some of us have been playing an awful long time and things (storage) wasn't always so readily and cheaply availalbe.

I've kept my demon stalker set, and two different PVP armor sets and this RP set I have on right now for this VERY REASON. I hoped long ago that it would be implemented. Should have looked ahead a little further. Its why people have bank alts, you put your farmed mats with them and keep all the cool looking weapons and armor pieces.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]