Transmogrification is coming

90 Human Paladin

No one is forcing you to use the transmogrifier.

Idiots are forcing me to see their clown suits, absolutely.

Do people wearing old gear in capital cities bother you this much as well?
90 Undead Priest
08/17/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Itizamuh
Maybe what will happen is that all items that your able to transmogrify to are already in the interface, but you have to unlock them and just having looted an item once is enough to unlock it (other items are greyed out). But this is just baseless speculation.
This would be great if it's true, because I deleted most of my old stuff a long time ago.
Community Manager
This basically punishes Lore Masters for doing all the quests already. In order to get the look I want, I'm going to have to reroll DK and start over again to get my quest / starter gear?

*sigh*

We would like to offer some alternative ways to get favorite items that are no longer available, such as perhaps the dungeon tier sets or the DK start gear. This is something we will expand over time – not every favorite item will be immediately available at launch. But we’ll keep a list of items that get requested by the players and work to get them in someday.
Patch 4.3 Hotfixes: Druids can no longer use Transmogrification to get out of wearing dresses.
85 Night Elf Warrior

This game is primarily about loot... its a status symbol, and defines the players place in the game. Taking away all visual cues around that will suck the soul out of this game 1000 times faster than the green "Heroic" tag on heroic loot could have ever dreamed of.

Status Symbol? Where?

The only items that get "status symbol" these days is legendaries, Heroic 4-pc Tier sets, and Heroic raid weapons. Anything else, even casuals got doing current content.

No one cares about "status symbols" for gear except for the top 5%....and there is a reason why there are the top 5%.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/17/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Ashva
Idiots are forcing me to see their clown suits, absolutely.

you could always quit WoW since it bothers you so much...oh wait...you wont...because you know this feature doesn't matter to you...you just want to STILL be on the bandwagon that got broken, beaten down, and burned to ash.

/slowclap
90 Night Elf Hunter
So, serious questions that need to be answered:

Do you need to have the items on hand to use the look?

Will the transmogrified look show in Arenas and Battlegrounds?

Will items with an on use effect, like Don Carlos' Famous Hat still work? Or even the goggles I'm wearing now.

Which weapon enchant will show up? Base weapon, or looks weapon?

If you put an item into Void Storage, can you take it back out?
Edited by Shalura on 8/17/2011 11:02 AM PDT
80 Human Priest

Do people wearing old gear in capital cities bother you this much as well?

I remember on my rp realm a warrior wearing the twin glaives along with the eye of sulguras? the one that is a blindfold for your eyes.

She had also some old tier gear which made her look bloody awesome.

Knowing blizzard it will be either farming the armor so they do not have to spend more money paying people on this project, or microtransactions to buy the armor sets since it is "cosmetic" and does not effect game play (albeit PVP).
2 Gnome Warlock
In light of this, can you please make it so older Tier raid sets can be bought for JP?

I wanted to complete the look of the Conqueror's Deathbringer Garb set for my Warlock, but I can't get the shoulders, since you need a token off of 25-m Yogg-Saron. Since there is no way I am ever gonna get anyone to take me to 25-m Ulduar, can we be able to buy either the tokens or the actual armour pieces with JP? You can already buy the token for the robe and hood....
69 Blood Elf Priest

thats not what you said though. if you dont think its worth the time to grab 5 or 6 85s from trade to do black temple thats your problem. a lot of people will do it just for the achievement and the level 70 content is utterly faceroll. explain that the tokens you need are on reserve, switch to ML before the respective boss.

Again, you're missing the point. I couldn't care less how easy it is. People who didn't save all their old gear shouldn't be punished. That's the point.

Punishing them would be telling them "You're never allowed to get a duplicate of this piece of gear."

You're still entirely capable of receiving the gear again yourself, you're just coming off as too lazy to get the gear you want. They're rewarding those who decided to keep their gear.
This basically punishes Lore Masters for doing all the quests already. In order to get the look I want, I'm going to have to reroll DK and start over again to get my quest / starter gear?

*sigh*

We would like to offer some alternative ways to get favorite items that are no longer available, such as perhaps the dungeon tier sets or the DK start gear. This is something we will expand over time – not every favorite item will be immediately available at launch. But we’ll keep a list of items that get requested by the players and work to get them in someday.

Also mention Dagger-to-sword customization, please!
85 Gnome Warlock
08/17/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Shadowcrazy
It gives a quick and dirty idea of what to expect from an opponent. I will concentrate more on a better equipped player than a lesser equipped player.

/chicken

you should assume every character is geared up to take you down...it's like this is the ONLY PVP complaint and it's not even a good one because many people never looked at gear until this feature was being talked about...now PVP wants its foot in the door to try and stop it like if theyve been inspecting gear since the end of time.

times like this i REALLY wish blizz would make a poll so people could see how most PVPers could careless about inspecting gear at all.

In a multi-target enviroment I will look for the beter equipped player first. Always. Always have. I have always used armor sets to judge targets and I'm just a casual PvPer. Those who are truly serious about it have a much bigger gripe than I do.

It shouldn't bother you at all what I see from my end of the computer. Period. Unless you are a target, your clothing doesn't mean squat to me since I don't RP at all.

The complaint is valid. Changing your gear appearance affects my game play, me not seeing it doesn't affect yours.
85 Worgen Death Knight
People complaining about PVP, why not just make the requirement that you can only transmogrify PvP (Resilience) gear with another piece that has Resilience?

And still hoping that you guys reconsider the one handed sword/mace/axe restriction... <3
85 Human Death Knight
so everyone will be able to use their good looking tier2 armor graphics besides us poor DKs :(
80 Human Priest
08/17/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Snuggies

awesome. seems like a sensible way to get this out and rolling while still making people happy. id like to commend you guys for this feature

Simplest way would to just offer Tier sets to start, including boots/belts for purchase.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]