Transmogrification is coming

90 Draenei Shaman
I am going to transmogrify my gear into the starter mail armor.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ya... I call blizz bluff, this is going to be a big troll with a lot of angry people haha.

/popcorn
75 Tauren Shaman
You say i can lvl again and not have to abandon the BEST SET EVER!!!!!

Bullpup approves this announcement.

Bullpup LOVES Blizzard again!!!

Rocking S2 shaman FOR LIFE!

Ya... I call blizz bluff, this is going to be a big troll with a lot of angry people haha.

/popcorn

Hey that was my first thought as well, so i checked the date, its not April!!!
Edited by Bullpup on 8/17/2011 11:11 AM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
LFM BWL, going to get my UD rogue his bloodfang because omgthisissofeakingexciting
85 Worgen Warrior
Hey Blizz, thanks for the new feature. Just asking for an option to turn it off. Thank you!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
People complaining about PVP, why not just make the requirement that you can only transmogrify PvP (Resilience) gear with another piece that has Resilience?

This doesn't change much at all. The whole argument revolves around the ability to disguise yourself in *any* way, shape, or form in pvp. Being able to change yourself to look like a previous season still alludes to the fact that you cannot correctly identify your target's gear on a whim as should be (at least so far in the 7ish years of WoW).

Do people really not look at their opponents' health? Look at that and you will know roughly how geared someone is.
1 Blood Elf Paladin

^ this

This made me sad..

I know right, the screen shot is all like "Hey guys, check out our sweet new feature Transmogrification, which allows you to change the look of your weapons and armor"

"Ignore that guy wearing Sulfuras though, hes actually wearing the real weapon"
90 Night Elf Death Knight
08/17/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Kaivax

Then why is Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros in the last picture... ??

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.

Sulfuron Hammer

Does not look like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, bad example to post up there buddy.
85 Human Paladin

No, but I don't have to raid with them wearing it.

then don't??

How would I stop them?
55 Worgen Death Knight
08/17/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Morley

/chicken

you should assume every character is geared up to take you down...it's like this is the ONLY PVP complaint and it's not even a good one because many people never looked at gear until this feature was being talked about...now PVP wants its foot in the door to try and stop it like if theyve been inspecting gear since the end of time.

times like this i REALLY wish blizz would make a poll so people could see how most PVPers could careless about inspecting gear at all.

In a multi-target enviroment I will look for the beter equipped player first. Always. Always have. I have always used armor sets to judge targets and I'm just a casual PvPer. Those who are truly serious about it have a much bigger gripe than I do.

It shouldn't bother you at all what I see from my end of the computer. Period. Unless you are a target, your clothing doesn't mean squat to me since I don't RP at all.

The complaint is valid. Changing your gear appearance affects my game play, me not seeing it doesn't affect yours.

So you always go for the most heavily armored badass even when there's a nice squishy T11/ZA/ZG geared mage nuking you who you could three shot?

And they say taunts don't work on players.
85 Draenei Hunter
This will really revitalize old content (assuming we have to own the armor to get its looks)

Looking forward to this soooo much!!!
85 Gnome Priest
Been waiting for this for years!
69 Blood Elf Priest

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.

Sulfuron Hammer

Does not look like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, bad example to post up there buddy.

He means the Firelands Hand of Rag.

Original meaning not transmogrified.
Edited by Cazic on 8/17/2011 11:13 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
08/17/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Rhonores
No, but I don't have to raid with them wearing it.

so you care more about how they look and less about how well they do? who cares what they look like if they can preform

For immersion and realism, absolutely. I don't play to get teh lewtz, I play cause I like the escapism. The disconnect is jarring. Even the concept is making this game less enjoyable to me :(
90 Tauren Shaman
I would like to learn more about how this works with gear. Will we physically have the gear we wish to copy sitting in our banks? I'm assuming so. Also, if we change our gear to LOOK like that item, will it destroy the original item? I sure hope not.

It does seem like a frustrating thought to go back and farm the items you would like to copy, but at the same time it would be rewarding people who have claimed said items, rather than allowing people to mass copycat without hardly any work.

I know there are people that gathered this stuff before, but I think it would be fun to go back and have purpose to do it again. :-) Gives me a reason to go back and do raids and whatnot that I never had a chance to do for a purpose other than RP.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cant wait im gonna go farm my t2 stuffs get my shield an healing mace from bwl!!
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Sulfuron Hammer

He means the Firelands Hand of Rag.
Sulfuras, The Extinguished Hand Also does not look like the one in the picture. It's also not the ORIGINAL Sulfuras.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]