Transmogrification is coming

90 Tauren Warrior
i was really hoping to tank FL in primal mooncloth, but i see i can't transmogrify plate to look like cloth. i would really like to make my plate look like the old Green Iron (mail) gear I made in my early blacksmithing & leveling days, though.

will i need to bring the item that i want my current gear to look like to the vendor?

if he has a list of items, will it have *all* items (all quality and level). i would have fun making my gear look like the common Frost-Worn plate (vendor trash!) armor set that i used to tank northrend heroics in (i managed to achieve uncrittable from gems, enchants, flasks, food, and my misc item slots). healers didn't notice until i pointed it out - - fun times!
85 Worgen Death Knight

This isn't a reskin. There isn't anything to turn off as it were.
The original gear that is being used for stats....is destroyed in the process.
What that person is wearing...is all they are wearing. What has changed on the old gear is the stats.
This isn't reskinning new gear....nor is it an over cloak deal.
It's updating the stats on old gear.
So again...there's nothing to turn off really. If you turned off the item changes...you would see someone wearing the old gear with the old stats.

Fail troll is fail. The post doesn't say anything about destroying your old gear, so don't spread false information.

I highly doubt transmogrifying will destroy your vanity item - if it did, it would directly contradict the idea of implementing the Void Storage.
85 Human Death Knight
So can we add the starting DK gear back onto a vendor at the DK starting area? or do we need to try to do restoral tickets at this point. I deleted mine a long time ago and would love to get it back, heck if I could farm it I wouldn't care I'd go do it but that's currently not an option.
90 Night Elf Hunter
One request....a very selfish one, but I want hard enough to ask:

Please let certain headgear be available for all armor types (especially if it is not current tier). Stuff like Furor's eyepatch, Cursed Vision, etc. would be really, really awesome to transfer current-tier stats on to. Not sure how you'd make this work, but it shouldn't be gamebreaking to implement.

Thanks for listening. :)

Oh and thumbs up for coming up with this, Blizzard. It is really exciting and I, for one, am really stoked!

~f
85 Troll Druid
08/17/2011 11:24 AMPosted by Taliany
Could we please get an option to disable this feature? Or possibly only see changes on yourself and not on others?

You want to see everyone nude? That's odd.

Perfectly normal where I'm from.
90 Human Paladin

Not seeing much of a difference between a DPS wearing t12 and a DPS wearing t2 in a raid. They look slightly different, oh well? They're still wearing the same type of armor they'd be wearing in their current role.

I'm talking about the immersion and realism of "oh hey you got a new staff, where'd you get it?". With the change I won't see the new staff, they'll be wearing some random green from westfall.

The disconnect is jarring. It takes you out of the reality of the game. I don't like it.

I think of it as seeing the person use some uber staff they got in earlier content, but with the stats of more modern gear. We've already seen that concept with some of the revamped content like the troll instances. this is allowing people to use older but still cool looking gear with the stats of something from current content.
13 Goblin Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048#blog

What do you think?

First, and most important: As someone who has been an ardent supporter in all 14 of the Appearance Tab threads (seven on the old forums, seven on the new)... THANK YOU!!!!!

Second, one complaint: Four classes (warrior, paladin, shaman and hunter) change armor type at level 40. While all other classes, which do not change armor type, can use both pre- and post-40 armor skins in the transmogrification process at higher levels, these four classes cannot do so. And yet there are some iconic pre-40 items that suit those classes (Chain of the Scarlet Crusade, Voodoo Mask, etc.). Are there any plans to amend transmogrification to allow these four classes access to pre-40 armor skins at post-40 levels without having to gear in the lower armor type?
Edited by Chance on 8/17/2011 11:27 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Sevaryn
I am severely, severely disappointed that I can't go into my much enjoyable RP set.However I will find a good use for this feature! Thank you Blizzard.

I agree wholeheartedly.

For many of us, our favorite RP sets do not have stats on 'em or are not the highest armor type available to our class (such as a plate wearer who loves his mail armor RP gear or a mail wearer who loves their leather/cloth armor RP gear), or the fact that one handed weapons cannot be interchangable (i.e., use a sword graphic for a dagger, etc.)...

So... i'm glad that we can do SOME RP stuff with this new feature, but it is far from what we asked for.

=/. Hopefully after a few patches this tool will become what we want it to be.. a way to let us wear our RP gear over our actual gear, without such heavy limitations.

I, for one, am glad that there are restrictions. Seeing DK's run around in slinky red dresses would be funny for a day, but after a while it would just look lame (not saying that that's what your cool rp set is.) Some people can make gray and white items look cool in a set, but the restrictions on the Transmog also prevent some measure of silliness (tank fighting Deathwing naked with just a Chef's hat on, etc.) There are tons of awesome sets available, these restrictions will just make you go out and find a different one. You can still RP in your cool cloth/mail set just as you always have.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Posted by Tearoot
Could we please get an option to disable this feature? Or possibly only see changes on yourself and not on others?

You want to see everyone nude? That's odd.

xD
90 Dwarf Rogue
Nice to see something, but too many restrictions on the weapons. I can't change my daggers to swords or axes? That makes no sense to me at all. If I can't change my entire look then what's the point of changing my look in the first place? Please change the restriction on weapons.
Community Manager

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.

Sulfuron Hammer

Does not look like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, bad example to post up there buddy.

You're correct. He should be wielding Sulfuron Hammer, and is clearly holding a Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. In any case, he is not holding something other than Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Legendaries will always be identifiable on sight.
Edited by Kaivax on 8/17/2011 11:30 AM PDT
85 Human Rogue
I really like this change. For all you PVP naysayers who are complaining(this is coming from a fellow hardcore PVPer), it won't impact anything in arenas and health should be indicative enough of how 'geared' or how much resil a target has(Not to be an elitist pr*ck but if you take arena even semi-seriously you should develop strategy to the enemy team composition and assume they have full pvp gear, not rely on someone not taking the extra few days to finish up their resilience set). You can only clearly see like 4 peices of their gear (3 if they aren't displaying a headpiece) in the heat of battle anyway.

Kaivax,

Would all the previous arena gear (season 1, 2, 3....) be available for purchase again if we'd like to transmogrify those?

86 Troll Priest
08/17/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Kaivax

Then why is Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros in the last picture... ??

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.

Already a chink in the armor of the new feature.

Any justifiable reason why we CAN'T choose a legendary skin to show?
80 Tauren Druid
Curious about the limitations to the system. I'm surprised to hear of no disable options, especially in PvP--as that was thought to be one of the greatest threats the system brought. Not having that restriction, as if it were okay to retain a silhouette that you could wear already--and then not include statless items seems a bit strange.

I'm worried I won't be able to find a pair of bracers with stats that match the set I wear. Additionally, there seems to be no restrictions listed as to "disabling" a piece entirely. Will we be forced to pick a shoulder pairing with the set we're making, or will we be able to appear as if we weren't wearing any at all?

I suppose my last curiosity is whether this was designed with true customization in mind, or with customization as a collateral to the revival of older set gear. Is it expected that players will all want to run around in gear sets that have been specifically designed by the artists, or was the intention to allow a little creativity as to which pieces matched what?

EDIT:
But I'm thrilled with the feature, of course.
08/17/2011 11:00 AMPosted by Kaivax
This is something we will expand over time – not every favorite item will be immediately available at launch. But we’ll keep a list of items that get requested by the players and work to get them in someday.

And it's nice to know that this will be an ongoing project of sorts. Yayy!
Edited by Nhyrek on 8/17/2011 11:32 AM PDT
6 Human Rogue

This isn't a reskin. There isn't anything to turn off as it were.
The original gear that is being used for stats....is destroyed in the process.
What that person is wearing...is all they are wearing. What has changed on the old gear is the stats.
This isn't reskinning new gear....nor is it an over cloak deal.
It's updating the stats on old gear.
So again...there's nothing to turn off really. If you turned off the item changes...you would see someone wearing the old gear with the old stats.

Fail troll is fail. The post doesn't say anything about destroying your old gear, so don't spread false information.

I highly doubt transmogrifying will destroy your vanity item - if it did, it would directly contradict the idea of implementing the Void Storage.

I wasn't talking about the vanity gear. Nor am I trolling.
I was talking about the gear being used for it's stats....IE..the new gear.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As the owner of a full set of T2 and a matching Hand of Ragnaros, there is no possible way to express my joy without hitting the character limit.

Wait...

you can’t make a one-handed axe look like a two-handed axe, or transform a sword’s appearance into that of a mace

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, more incentive to get the mace off the new Ragnaros, I suppose.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]