Transmogrification: LEGENDARY WEAPONS?

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
I've seen a handful of threads about the new feature as a whole, but what about weapons? It was stated earlier via blue post that legendaries would not be options for transmogrification. Personally, I feel this is a let down. I was really looking forward to seeing people rocking Warglaives again. Maybe even seeing a thunderfury tank or two. But as it seems, you will not be able to do so.

However, I'm not here to push my opinion. I'm here to see what other's opinions are. What is your status on the issue? Do you feel it should be implemented? No? Why not?

Turtles?
90 Orc Hunter
allready several active threads on this.
90 Human Paladin
I haven't seen just a plain discussion one yet.
08/18/2011 03:14 AMPosted by Llexii

This thread got a blue post ;)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/191327/why-cant-we-transmogrify-legendaries
90 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 03:17 AMPosted by Solaru

This thread got a blue post ;)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/191327/why-cant-we-transmogrify-legendaries

That just reroutes to the main discussion thread, which encompasses the whole deal. I felt a more specific topic was necessary. But it seems nobody is interested. ;p
85 Undead Warlock
i want legendary transform plzzzzzz

i have the thunderfury which means i own it

and if this system comes out

blz should let those ppl who own lengendary able to transform

or the lengendary will forgotten by ppl
90 Night Elf Hunter
Already answered in the blog:

Similarly, they won’t allow you to change weapon or armor types. Sneaky death knights can’t make that breastplate look like a cloth robe, and you can’t make a one-handed axe look like a two-handed axe, or transform a sword’s appearance into that of a mace.

So if you have the same kind of weapon equipped, it can look like that legendary.

If your best weapon is a 2 hand mace, while the legendary is a 2 hand sword, no. The weapon you have equipped would have to be a 2 hand sword too.

Guns, bows, and crossbows will be the exception to this rule. You will finally be able to retain your dwarf’s racial gun bonus while appearing with all the splendor and elegance of a bow wielder (or at least the relative silence of one).

So I have a gun equipped. If I still had the epheonix crossbow, or whatever, I'd be able to have it look like that (since guns/bows/xbows are the exception to the rule.) But I don't have it, having deleted it for bank space.

That is what will make people the most angry; I kept stuff like my old PVP set around, but finally did delete it for space pre Cata. From the description it will indeed be only stuff you own (hence them mentioning "void space", so it sounds like the items you own can be in "void space", which would then be what you are taking on the appearance of)

Its all explained in that blog. It doesn't specifically mention "legendary", but it says any weapon as long as it is the same type (2 hand sword for 2 hand sword, 1 hand sword for 1 hand sword, etc.) Like a priest could have the look of benediction again, as long as they are wielding a 2 hand staff again.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Tom Chilton specifically states no legendary in the Q&A following the press conference.
90 Blood Elf Priest
A 1h sword can look like a 1h sword.

A dagger can look like a dagger.

Plate armor can look like plate armor.

Only cross-dressing weapons they mentioned would be guns/bows/crossbows.

Just because you own a legendary doesn't mean you should be able to make all of your weapons look like it.
90 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 04:21 AMPosted by Kybeorie
I read the blog. I don't need an explanation of the feature. I was just wondering what people thought about legendary transmogrifying and whether it should be implemented, or why it's good that it isn't.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]