Realm mergers

86 Worgen Druid
Currently I see 3 deadish realms for every 1 decent realm so is a plan in the works to do any mergers anytime soon? If some of these deader realms came together (Ravenholdt needs aid!) it would save a lot of people the time and money. Dead realms are claiming my horde DK & Lock.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Mage
Mergers would symbol a decline in population/subscriptions causing a mass panic though out the community.
Blizzard is currently in denial about the current state of Cata so I seriously doubt they see a problem with dead servers, they expect those players to return....... eventually LOL.

Sorry to tell you the truth might be best to pay for a transfer or just re-roll.
Reply Quote
23 Orc Warrior
Blizzard is currently in denial about the current state of Cata so I seriously doubt they see a problem with dead servers, they expect those players to return.......

Soon ™

Otherwise, listen to the Pretty Hair. She speaks the truth.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Ouch. So I either re-roll or pay the bucks. O well. Just going to put those toons on a high shelf to collect dust then.
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Mage
O just as an example. Alot of Everquest is dead deniers would make fun of anyone saying they where quiting for WoW. Once servers began to merge there wasnt much they could say to prove otherwise.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
08/07/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Nivvy
it would save a lot of people the time and money.

That right there is your answer. Blizzard from a company stand point has no intention of saving your time or your money.

Also as other's pointed out merging servers would be an admission that populations are decreasing.

Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
08/07/2011 04:43 PMPosted by Anari
O just as an example. Alot of Everquest is dead deniers would make fun of anyone saying they where quiting for WoW. Once servers began to merge there wasnt much they could say to prove otherwise.

Thing is Blizzard has been good with responding to players needs. They just take forever to get it just right.
Edited by Nivvy on 8/7/2011 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
Merging servers = Dead game

Blizz won't do it because it would symbolize the decline of WoW.

They merged servers before I thought.
Reply Quote
Its official, im leaving WoW for Everquest.....

j/k
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Mage
Merging servers = Dead game

Blizz won't do it because it would symbolize the decline of WoW.

And then the snow ball effect will begin, mass exodus of all realms, players would begin shopping for other MMO's competitors would increase marketing using the mergers as proof that Wow is dead, like Wow did to Everquest.

With so many MMO's comming out I wouldnt expect Blizzard to begin mergers till they where ready to direct players to their other games like Titan.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Druid
[quote]Merging servers = Dead game

Merging servers also brings up the horrible 'name' issue. Who's entitled to what name if this happens? What if someone has no choice but to be on later, after a merge, and has lost the name they have been using for years to someone who just happen to have a level 10 alt they barely play get the name?

There's a lot of issues with a merger of servers then just an outward appearance on Blizzard.

Roll some dice to see who gets the name. I don't know. So many gone now you would think some names would be freed up a bit.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
08/07/2011 04:26 PMPosted by Nivvy
Currently I see 3 deadish realms for every 1 decent realm

Really? You've been on every server and counted how many people are playing on it currently? Amazing.

I must be lucky then, because the three realms I have toons on are all active realms.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Shaman
Tha name thing is easy to Fix honestly, what ever realm is on the receiving end of things, those players will have a choice to change or keep their names.

Now if you are merging say 2 small realms to make 1 med to high pop one, Ill be willing to bet the name issue wont be that severe.

Personally I think that guilds will be a bigger issue, simply because guild transfers are not available yet and losing that lvl 25guild may be a tough pill to swallow.
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Shaman
08/07/2011 04:58 PMPosted by Cyberweasel
Currently I see 3 deadish realms for every 1 decent realm

Really? You've been on every server and counted how many people are playing on it currently? Amazing.

I must be lucky then, because the three realms I have toons on are all active realms.

he is talking population and it really pretty easy to check on server activity.progression and so on without having to be on that server
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
08/07/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Lasiter
he is talking population and it really pretty easy to check on server activity.progression and so on without having to be on that server

Really? Because even according to wowcensus, which is a horribly inaccurate snapshot of servers, over half the servers have a +10k population. Methinks someone is using hyperbole and made up numbers to inflate their argument.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]