Solution for Bad Low-pop. Server AH Economy

(This was copy and pasted from my post on general forums, I'd like to hear Naz's input,
seeing as it pertains to you guys)

This thread is directed toward Blizzard mainly, but is up to everyone else to discuss and add to the idea.

A little background:
I've been having a problem lately: my server's AH (Nazjatar-US). Lately I've been wanting to make gold by playing the Auction House (as I'm an engineer and can't make money otherwise...) and I've found that the prices on items are ridiculous! For example elementium bars go for 4g 50s, while hardened elementium bars go for 40g each (hardened elementium consists of 10 ele. bars and 4 voltatile earth). By the elementium bar prices alone (45g for 10 bars), that puts you 5g under from what it costs to make the darn thing. That's just one example of stupidity I see. If I had the gold, I could buy out the market and set my own price, but that wouldn't solve anyone's problems because that same problem is EVERYWHERE! Part of it is people wanting to sell things fast, but another part of it is that our AH economy is nowhere near balanced and people don't know how to accurately price things.

My Proposal:
What I think could be an adequate solution to this problem is offer free transfers OFF economically unstable servers, such as my own, to medium population servers with a well established AH. To prevent the issues of player flooding and tainting these servers' AH prices, put a limit of transfers per server. That way players can make the gold they should be and play the Auction House as intended (to buy/sell items for a fair price and make PROFIT). As well, players can learn how to post items appropriately and boost these servers' economies with large quantities of items at (probably) low prices.

The Barren Wastelands: What about the servers we'd leave?
There are two options I've come up with...
1.) After some fixed time of giving players the opportunity to transfer off these trash servers, those that remain will be moved to designated low pop servers. This process can be repeated multiple times to prevent these designated servers from become stagnant.
Here's a chart for those of you thinking "WTF?"

Cycle 1
Left-overs..
Low pop. #1 -> -> -> -> Low pop. #1, (more servers to fit left-over people accordingly)
Low pop. #2 -> Medium pop.
Low pop. #3 -> Medium pop.

Cycle 2
Left-over #1 -> Medium pop.
Left-over #2 ->

2.) A limited number of people per server can transfer to medium servers, those who don't want to leave can stay. Offer this opportunity every couple months or however Blizz sees fit.

^^^^^^ This is more simple!^^^^^^

Honestly, I'd just like to see what the Blues and you guys have to say. I'm certain this won't be offered because Blizz would loose money from transfers, but I could see this as a way to increase player satisfaction.

Disclaimer: If this makes no sense whatsoever, I blame sleep deprivation.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
You guys assume that Blizzard owes you something. Like they should comp you a free transfer off Nazjatar.

You chose to play on Nazjatar. Don't like it? Leave. But don't expect Blizzard to make free transfers because you guys don't want to spend the money. They are not responsible for your decision to play on a Low-pop realm.

Make a decision: Either shutup and play on the server or transfer off and have fun on KJ, Sargeras, or wherever.

Also if raw materials are worth more then the crafted items, then !@#$ing farm the mats or wait for an increase in supply.

Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Calm down nerd. Half my toons are alliance still.

And yes, if you actually DID raid as alliance on Nazjatar in WotLK like I did(which looking at your achievements, you didn't), you would know that it is just as bad now as it was in wrath. Vero had to recruit off server for about 15 of the 25 players.

And if you think horde has "Plenty of raiders", you're sadly mistaken.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

Honestly, I'd just like to see what the Blues and you guys have to say. I'm certain this won't be offered because Blizz would loose money from transfers, but I could see this as a way to increase player satisfaction.

I'm certain this is right. The error? "FREE."

I agree that more people on our server would be beneficial to not only those who raid but our Economy. The free transfers to Naz at the beginning of Cataclysm was hopeful, however, nearly just as many have already xfered off or quit. IMO Transfers off low pops should not be allowed (dare I say no transfers to high pops), but I'm not going to tell a multi-million dollar corp how to run their "business."

With all that aside, I'm glad to see people other than myself have concerns. I would suggest to encourage more people to post on forums. MAYBE if Blizz is actually reading or even cares they may start to plan a resolve.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
SiN
If Blizz disallowed transfers off low pop realms, people would just quit. Besides, i just picked one toon to get outta here and start over on a full server. Looking ahead, very high or full servers will be all that's viable once Tor/ GW2 hit, because people on low-med pop servers are gonna see tumbleweeds everywhere when they hit.

And really, why would you stay in a subpar situation where your gaming exp is limited? People who want out will spend less than the crazy transfer fees and use that $ to buy new games. I transferred one toon w my BOAs and have multiple 85s an 80 and an 81 stranded on Naz, but $25 all I'm willing to pay. Blizz may have to change their tune after the coming exodus.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Instead staying "this is how each market should work" go whit the flow. You don't have to craft and try sell Enchant Weapon - Heartsong like everyone else and their mothers. Find other markets, for example during many many moons there was 0 competition selling enchanting rods and profit margins were huuuuge. Sure, selling only rods wont make you millionaire (and who even needs that much gold anyhow?) but profit is profit <3 Less players, less competition is fun for me.
Making gold on alliance side of this server ain't impossible, look all those nines:
http://torment-nazjatar.guildzilla.com/content/uploads/bd/ab/bdab51874134b095f4f1771e167c1c6f.jpg
*puts sunglasses on* yes i did it!
/flex

Good luck y'all whit gold making, i think i'm done whit it for while.
Edited by Sielu on 9/12/2011 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Looking ahead, very high or full servers will be all that's viable once Tor/ GW2 hit, because people on low-med pop servers are gonna see tumbleweeds everywhere when they hit.

I wonder if SWTOR will last longer then all the rest that have failed,I think diablo 3 will take more players from wow then GW2 or SWTOR
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I won't lie... I just wish we could get 1 free Xfer off a dead server... it's really no fun to play with no one... But it's whatever, I'll live.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
mmm thread necroing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
FLAMETALON.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
FLAMETALON.

Huh, gay
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Too much text no tl;dr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8
Edited by Stonepillar on 8/22/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]