15 Man Raids!

(Locked)

85 Tauren Death Knight
08/10/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Vixie
Wasn't the original ZG 15 man?

The original ZG was a 20 man. UBRS was a 15 man at first.
90 Undead Warlock
Why is it that some random persons thread about 15 man raids gets a blue post but when i posted this i got ignored? i think 15 man is a great size for raids
90 Night Elf Death Knight
08/10/2011 07:55 PMPosted by Diabolickahl
Why is it that some random persons thread about 15 man raids gets a blue post but when i posted this i got ignored? i think 15 man is a great size for raids

Blues aren't on these boards 24/7... they ocassionally need to recharge their batteries.
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/10/2011 07:57 PMPosted by Waffletime

Blues aren't on these boards 24/7... they ocassionally need to recharge their batteries.

Go buy batteries then you'll get a blue post!
90 Human Warlock
08/10/2011 07:57 PMPosted by Waffletime

I am though.

I don't sleep.

I wait.
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/10 for 15man raids then I can take 5 extra people from the guild!
85 Dwarf Hunter
08/10/2011 07:48 PMPosted by Droplocknbob
Why not just remove the 25 man option? no guild on my server seems to be able to field a 25 man raid anymore and we're supposedly a high pop realm.

Difference between 'seems to be able to' and 'doesn't want to'.

Pre-cata when 10 and 25 man had different loot, you would see 25 man runs form often on high pop realms. Now with both raids sharing the same loot, it is far easier to field 2 10 man runs than it is to field 1 25 man.
85 Night Elf Warrior
08/10/2011 07:42 PMPosted by Zarhym
I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

Interesting phrasing.
I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

So.... just do away with 10's and 25's. Next expac or so come out with 15's. I like the idea, but I sense a tremendous amount of those that would disagree with or hate the idea are incoming very shortly.
Edited by Kleebørp on 8/10/2011 8:09 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Mage
We had this once before. The original ZA was a 15 man raid. To me, it was perfect. Im sure others will disagree and that is okay.
85 Draenei Warrior

You are working late! It's 7-8pm! How long are hours in the blizz hq, might I ask?
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/10/2011 08:01 PMPosted by Killercaitie

I am though.

I don't sleep.

I wait.

Killercaite, a stalker of forumz!!

ps. was a nice self-portrait you showed me in the other thread! Giant head tiny bod manga girl! =P

90 Night Elf Death Knight

I am though.

I don't sleep.

I wait.

You're plugged in at the power socket :P
Edited by Waffletime on 8/10/2011 8:10 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well, he said they wouldn't want to have more than 2 different raid sizes, so the question is, would they go 10/15m raids or 15/25m raids?
57 Human Death Knight
So three tanks, five healers and seven dps? Or two tanks, four healers and nine dps? Or three tanks four healers and eight dps?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
pretty sure zg was 15 but its so long ago ubrs was 15 aswell the 15's were good although pally gear used to drop alot from what i can remember when horde had no failadins i think strath might have been 15 at 1 point but its been nerfed so many times since vanilla who can remember
Edited by Belfterith on 8/10/2011 8:22 PM PDT
85 Human Death Knight

What about different types of group content that wasn't actually "raids" but 15man content?

WoW has stagnated itself (and the entire MMO genre) into a single minded endgame of raiding. The game could really use another endgame system to balance the types of gameplay people want to participate in. In Classic and TBC we saw two different raid sizes, which was nice until Wrath when all raid content was available in 2 flavors. How about giving us some variety of gameplay. Suggestions could include a return of the world boss. Spawned/Quested world bosses that are spawnable after completing certain criteria. Or even a system of 5mans that are more "randomized" Diablo type dungeons with timed objectives.

We are not bored of raiding, but we would like to go back to the days of Wrath where we had multiple options of how we participated in the endgame every week. Those options were removed by combining lockouts. In the end we want a change in the endgame. Not in terms of Raiding, but in terms of variety of objectives we can participate in to obtain rewards of different levels. Random Dungeon Finder groups and a Raid each week just doesn't cut it anymore for a lot of people.
90 Dwarf Warrior
08/10/2011 08:08 PMPosted by Asmodias
We had this once before. The original ZA was a 15 man raid. To me, it was perfect. Im sure others will disagree and that is okay.

ZA was a 10 man, like Kara.
85 Blood Elf Priest
They could go back to having size-specific raids like in BC. Kara/ZA were 10m raids while the rest were 25m raids. I think having different content for different sizes would be fun and interesting again, although it might irk the people that raid 10s/25s specifically that they can't/won't raid the content because it's a different size.
90 Tauren Warrior
no, 10 works perfectly. all 15 does is steer raids back in the direction back the way most people don't like
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]