15 Man Raids!

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
08/10/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Herethebeef
no, 10 works perfectly. all 15 does is steer raids back in the direction back the way most people don't like

Thats your opinion others would argue 15 is much better to bring in more players that you usually can't due to the limited 10 people
100 Gnome Death Knight
Writing's pretty clearly on the wall there.

* Population drops make development costs and time attached to maintaining two raid sizes unduly expensive given the number of players served.

* 25 man sees far, far fewer participants.

* Even elite raid guilds have found themselves accepting or even enjoying 10-man raids' simplicity.

The real question is whether Bliz will settle on a compromise raid size for the one-size-fits-all raiding, which would mean 15-man, or just eliminates 25-man raiding and makes all raids 10s.

Personally, eliminating 10-man raids in favor of 15 would just be another sign that I need to play a different game. But I'm just one person.
Edited by Wwel on 8/10/2011 8:32 PM PDT

I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

I think it should be 15 period.

But that is just me. I fully understand that sometimes it's hard enough gathering 10 and for those that do 25, having to drop 10 sucks. So i don't see this happening. However, I personally would like 15 man raids only and have double the amount of raids since it's all tuned for just one number now.

I would like having only 15-mans as well. It's a nice balance between "one dead person = wipe" and difficulty in organization.
100 Dwarf Warrior
I do wonder if statistics would show that a large number of guilds have too many players for one 10-man but too few for two; that it's an oddly common occurrence.
1 Troll Priest
15 sounds great. I agree 3 raid sizes is a bit much...Would there be much harm in making 10's into 15's? muhaha
85 Blood Elf Warlock
It would be nice for guilds like mine that are trying to go from 10-25, where we sometimes have 5-10 players left out. Problem with this though is if it happened people would start begging for 20 man raids.
100 Gnome Death Knight
The idea of 15-man raids reminds me of that old quote: "Compromises just make everyone equally unhappy."
85 Human Warlock
Honestly I like the idea a lot. It would solve the issue of too many people not showing up for a 25-man, but too many showing up to run a 10-man without leaving a group of people out. It'd also be easier to pug a raid with a nice amount of loot, and not have the hassle of trying to gather 25 competent people and instruct them. It seems like a nice median.

I hope we'll see it, sometime in the future.

08/10/2011 08:38 PMPosted by Eviloromis
It would be nice for guilds like mine that are trying to go from 10-25, where we sometimes have 5-10 players left out. Problem with this though is if it happened people would start begging for 20 man raids.

At that topic, wouldn't it be interesting if the developers could come up with a scaling variable difficulty set that can tune to any number of players over 10? It would no doubt be incredibly complicated to design, but imagine anywhere from 10-40 players in an instance, and the health, adds, loot and abilities changing to suit the exact number.
Edited by Kayehn on 8/10/2011 8:52 PM PDT
100 Tauren Shaman
I think the should add 15 man raids in cataclsym.
10 is too little and 25 is too much. It's like the PERFECT number.
So will we have 10/15/25 man raids. 15 mans will drop 3 pieces of gear following the 1Gear:5Players Ratio.

Please give your thought on this i would LOVE to see 15 man raids.

Edit:10Man-120VP 25Man-140VP so 15Man-130VP

I'd actually agree that 15 players make for a pretty optimal number of raiders, in terms of the logistics of forming a raid and class representation. The task of tuning raids for three separate sizes is one you probably won't see on our radar any time soon though.

Then just scrap 25M size. :3
85 Worgen Druid
Need 15s and 30s
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'd rather see 25 and 10 disappear entirely in favor of 15.

As someone who plays both raid formats, I'm pretty tired of always trying to hold a roster of 25 (though it's a far cry from what 40mans were) and never getting that perfect set. Yet with 10s, we're often excluding good players or dealing with awkward loot issues (single tier tokens being the biggest offender).

15 would probably be the best of both worlds for a lot of guilds, though obviously those on the strict 10 and strict 25 top ends of progression would see problems.
90 Goblin Shaman
I would see 10 mans go for this.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Perhaps a 15-man PUGable non-lockout raid dungeon, like UBRS used to be.

UBRS had to have been a very successful dungeon, pretty much everyone from vanilla can relate to running it way too much. I'm surprised we haven't had another raid like it since, considering how popular it was.
Edited by Ryoko on 8/10/2011 8:58 PM PDT
85 Human Priest
I think 15 would probably be better than 10 man raid because it is usually a raid wipe if 1 or 2 person die in 10 man raid. However, if there are extra 5 people (dps/heal), we probably can clear the boss just in time.

From the developer point of view, I think it is safe to say that the raid will be relatively easier to adjust between 25raid and 15raid.

Just saying.
85 Draenei Priest
I like the idea of 15 better than 25. 25 is just a ton of people to try to get together all at the same time, a lot of different personalities to deal with (or fail to deal with as the case sometimes may be), and it's easy for someone making a lot of mistakes to hide out in the crowd.

But I'm personally very happy with a small, tight 10-man group. There is less room for error (for most mechanics, I hear Majordomo's Seed in 25 is nasty), though, which is a valid complaint about 10 mans.

Still, I'm happy in 10s. I don't think I'd quit over a bump to 15 or anything so dramatic, but I wouldn't be as comfortable in a larger group.
Edited by Tiakatt on 8/10/2011 9:08 PM PDT
100 Draenei Mage
I would be in more in favor of the raid's difficulty scales to the size of the raid. 10 minimum with each extra person adding so more x damage and difficulty. When so the number of people hits a certain threshold an extra ability gets kicked into the boss.
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/10/2011 09:10 PMPosted by Polimor
I would be in more in favor of the raid's difficulty scales to the size of the raid. 10 minimum with each extra person adding so more x damage and difficulty. When so the number of people hits a certain threshold an extra ability gets kicked into the boss.

This is actually a very good idea I would love to see this actually come to be.
90 Night Elf Druid
I think the should add 15 man raids in cataclsym.
10 is too little and 25 is too much. It's like the PERFECT number.
So will we have 10/15/25 man raids. 15 mans will drop 3 pieces of gear following the 1Gear:5Players Ratio.

Please give your thought on this i would LOVE to see 15 man raids.

Edit:10Man-120VP 25Man-140VP so 15Man-130VP

Remove 10 and 25 and only make 15. You neutered things by sharing lockouts, just make one size. That way you guys can shift more people to Titan and it wouldn't look quite as bad as it does now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]