Dragonwrath and YOU

100 Gnome Rogue
siiz why the hell are you a female gnome
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Why would getting the staff affect sleeping? I doubt he's been sitting at a training dummy testing proc rates for that long...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
08/13/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Pinch

Why the hell aren't you a female gnome?

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkAvO9v2Nk
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Your dismissive feelings on pvp aren’t shared by everyone. It seems like blizzard put a lot of effort into designing the proc and I would bet its working as they intend it to. They may change it, they may not.

I agree to being dismissive. True (hardcore) PvP'ers don't play WoW, so i don't take them seriously. But you're also being dismissive of the impact on Frost in a PvE setting this has (relatively speaking). If the information is correct so far, it will be less than half as good for frost than it will be for arcane/other specs. That's a major problem. <----Frost Mage getting legendary...

But i actually don't think they put that much effort in the proc system. I bet they designed it simply and planned on fixing it once a problem arose. Maybe it was one of those things they didn't know would become a problem?
Edited by Switch on 8/13/2011 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
08/13/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Lyricist

Why the hell aren't you a female gnome?

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkAvO9v2Nk

ragnaros told me that I needed to run faster :[
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
08/13/2011 07:40 PMPosted by Switch
Your dismissive feelings on pvp aren’t shared by everyone. It seems like blizzard put a lot of effort into designing the proc and I would bet its working as they intend it to. They may change it, they may not.

I agree to being dismissive. True (hardcore) PvP'ers don't play WoW, so i don't take them seriously. But you're also being dismissive of the impact on Frost in a PvE setting this has (relatively speaking). If the information is correct so far, it will be less than half as good for frost than it will be for arcane/other specs. That's a major problem. <----Frost Mage getting legendary...

But i actually don't think they put that much effort in the proc system. I bet they designed it simply and planned on fixing it once a problem arose. Maybe it was one of those things they didn't know would become a problem?

Not that it matters too much Switch, but you really won't be casting Ice Lance once you have your 4p. Brain Freeze will be consuming all of your FoF procs (20% FoF proc rate vs 45% Brain Freeze proc rate). I know that doesn't change the problem, but it will change our priority. I imagine proc consumption will also be a problem for Destro locks and their Backdraft charges. I sincerely hope it will be addressed, but it's hardly game breaking for Frost. It will just keep us to using our ele's Freeze strictly for Deep Freeze CDs.

The part I do have a problem with is the second Deep Freeze not receiving Shatter effects, extra FoF charges or not. It does appear to still be benefiting from Mastery (unless I'm confusing my numbers. I am pretty tired) but not from Shatter which seems odd. That really needs to be addressed.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/13/2011 11:08 PMPosted by Steehl
Not that it matters too much Switch, but you really won't be casting Ice Lance once you have your 4p. Brain Freeze will be consuming all of your FoF procs

I have 4p T12 and this really isn't the case. While I do have times when I have more Brain Freezes than FoF charges sometimes I still get FoF charges without Brain Freezes.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
08/13/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Seiryu
Not that it matters too much Switch, but you really won't be casting Ice Lance once you have your 4p. Brain Freeze will be consuming all of your FoF procs

I have 4p T12 and this really isn't the case. While I do have times when I have more Brain Freezes than FoF charges sometimes I still get FoF charges without Brain Freezes.

And even then, it's more beneficial to hold you FoF charges for the Brain Freeze procs unless you're moving or it's during FFO. At least that's how it was on the PTR. Not sure if the proc was lowered for live.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
The proc rate better be 20% on warlocks.

When blizzard said the proc rate would be higher for pet classes, it gets skewed if you were to compare affliction vs demonology. I mean on a fight like Baleroc only 61.67% of my damage is from myself. The rest is from pets.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8mvikygknoa1v0k6/sum/damageDone/?s=6007&e=6260

Lets say I am a bad warlock, though. How about form the current #1 demo lock? Only 62.6% of his overall damage was from himself.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ny4v6siv9gltmwns/sum/damageDone/?s=9849&e=10177#Duus

Current top affliction lock on that fight has 79.57% of his net dps as just him, leaving only ~20% done by pets. That's pretty ridiculous when demonology would have upwards of 40% of their damage done by pets.

sooo if the proc rate would be higher for warlocks than mages, and affliction has the same proc rate as demo, affliction would poop on demo with that staff. The proc rate isn't supposed to vary based on spec now is it according to Blizzard posts, correct?

salty salty... it'll be fun stuff when a warlock finishes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Congrats Sz! I <3 U

~ Dwalin of Daggerspine
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
08/13/2011 07:22 PMPosted by Pinch

I don't even know wtf is going on.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Amp
08/14/2011 02:58 AMPosted by Siiz

I don't even know wtf is going on.

You're kidding, right?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
08/13/2011 07:40 PMPosted by Switch

Let's put it this way:

FAR more PvEers with access to this weapon will PvP than Mages that spec Frost will PvE.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
;_; 3-4 more weeks...
Reply Quote
Far too long. 10-mans, 'sup.

For arcane, it seems to largely be a flat 10% dps increase, which... is shiny. The flaws with potential ignite munching and FoF charge eating will likely make Arcane the superior option with the staff by significant margins, which doesn't effect me much (3% buff.. lesigh), but is slightly disappointing in terms of overall balance.

I find myself highly entertained by the thought of using the staff as Arcane in bgs, however. Queueing with a rogue buddy and blowing up flag carriers in a smoke bomb will be even more fun now.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
The proc rate better be 20% on warlocks.

When blizzard said the proc rate would be higher for pet classes, it gets skewed if you were to compare affliction vs demonology. I mean on a fight like Baleroc only 61.67% of my damage is from myself. The rest is from pets.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8mvikygknoa1v0k6/sum/damageDone/?s=6007&e=6260

Lets say I am a bad warlock, though. How about form the current #1 demo lock? Only 62.6% of his overall damage was from himself.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ny4v6siv9gltmwns/sum/damageDone/?s=9849&e=10177#Duus

Current top affliction lock on that fight has 79.57% of his net dps as just him, leaving only ~20% done by pets. That's pretty ridiculous when demonology would have upwards of 40% of their damage done by pets.

sooo if the proc rate would be higher for warlocks than mages, and affliction has the same proc rate as demo, affliction would poop on demo with that staff. The proc rate isn't supposed to vary based on spec now is it according to Blizzard posts, correct?

salty salty... it'll be fun stuff when a warlock finishes.

I completely agree. This staff seems to be rather best for affliction and destro, but for demo its really lackluster. I mean, the staff from Rag comes actually very close to the damage that the staff does, and the staff doesn't even become BiS for us until its heroic'ed. The proc needs to be spec based or else it'll literally force our hand to go affliction or destro simply because the proc outweighs the meta/chalice combo. I'm really really curious to see the proc chance because I'll honestly pass on it till last in our group simply because I honestly don't want it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
Can you elaborate how you obtain the Heart of Flame from ragnaros? Does it just drop in his chest after you kill him when you have all 250 essences? or is there anything else to it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]