Dragonwrath and YOU

1 Human Priest
The proc rate better be 20% on warlocks.

When blizzard said the proc rate would be higher for pet classes, it gets skewed if you were to compare affliction vs demonology. I mean on a fight like Baleroc only 61.67% of my damage is from myself. The rest is from pets.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8mvikygknoa1v0k6/sum/damageDone/?s=6007&e=6260

Lets say I am a bad warlock, though. How about form the current #1 demo lock? Only 62.6% of his overall damage was from himself.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ny4v6siv9gltmwns/sum/damageDone/?s=9849&e=10177#Duus

Current top affliction lock on that fight has 79.57% of his net dps as just him, leaving only ~20% done by pets. That's pretty ridiculous when demonology would have upwards of 40% of their damage done by pets.

sooo if the proc rate would be higher for warlocks than mages, and affliction has the same proc rate as demo, affliction would poop on demo with that staff. The proc rate isn't supposed to vary based on spec now is it according to Blizzard posts, correct?

salty salty... it'll be fun stuff when a warlock finishes.

Blizzard stated the legendary will be pet and dot friendly.
Reply Quote
The proc rate better be 20% on warlocks.

When blizzard said the proc rate would be higher for pet classes, it gets skewed if you were to compare affliction vs demonology. I mean on a fight like Baleroc only 61.67% of my damage is from myself. The rest is from pets.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8mvikygknoa1v0k6/sum/damageDone/?s=6007&e=6260

Lets say I am a bad warlock, though. How about form the current #1 demo lock? Only 62.6% of his overall damage was from himself.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ny4v6siv9gltmwns/sum/damageDone/?s=9849&e=10177#Duus

Current top affliction lock on that fight has 79.57% of his net dps as just him, leaving only ~20% done by pets. That's pretty ridiculous when demonology would have upwards of 40% of their damage done by pets.

sooo if the proc rate would be higher for warlocks than mages, and affliction has the same proc rate as demo, affliction would poop on demo with that staff. The proc rate isn't supposed to vary based on spec now is it according to Blizzard posts, correct?

salty salty... it'll be fun stuff when a warlock finishes.

Blizzard stated the legendary will be pet and dot friendly.

The question isn't whether or not the staff will be pet friendly, but whether the proc rate of the staff will change between specs for warlocks. Since there is a large discrepancy between demonolgy and the other two specs in terms of how much of the player's damage comes from their pet, balance issues can arise if the proc rate does not adjust based on spec. I would assume that the staff's proc rate can change dynamically based on spec considering that frost mages are the only mage spec with a permanent pet therefore the coding should already be implemented to alter the rate for each spec.

The problem will be whether or not there was an oversight with warlock classes and the rate was not adjusted per spec. I find this unlikely however, considering how much time has likely been invested in making the staff equal for all classes and I can't imagine that they would normalize the staff's proc rate to a single spec or take an average between the specs simply due to the blatant ignorance of balance.

If the proc rate can be assumed to give a 10% damage increase baseline then (using the numbers provided in the quoted post) the proc rate would be have to be 15.97% for demo to break even whereas an affliction lock would require a 12.57% proc rate. If the demo proc rate is applied for all warlock specs, an affliction warlock would do 2.71% more damage with the staff than demonology. Conversely, if the affliction proc rate was made baseline for all warlock specs, demonology would be doing 2.13% less damage than the normalized value. If the proc rate was an average of the two then affliction would be ahead of the 10% norm by 1.35% and demo would be below it by 1.07%.

All of these outcomes seem highly unlikely considering how powerful the staff would end up being for affliction and how weak it would be for demonology compared to every other class. Even if this is how it functions for warlocks live, I can't imagine it would stay that way. However, since I'm sure frost mages have an increased proc rate compared to fire and arcane then there's clearly the option to alter the rate for individual specs, which I'm sure as already been worked out by Blizzard.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Does anyone knows if the souls drop only from heroic bosses or they also drop from normal bosses like the embers and cinders? and if so, how many of them?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
OMG YOUR FACE
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
08/14/2011 12:03 PMPosted by Ennwynn
Does anyone knows if the souls drop only from heroic bosses or they also drop from normal bosses like the embers and cinders? and if so, how many of them?

The staff can be completed on any difficulty.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
thanks for the answer :)
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
08/14/2011 07:22 AMPosted by Ahjii
Can you elaborate how you obtain the Heart of Flame from ragnaros? Does it just drop in his chest after you kill him when you have all 250 essences? or is there anything else to it?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
08/14/2011 02:37 PMPosted by Ahjii
Can you elaborate how you obtain the Heart of Flame from ragnaros? Does it just drop in his chest after you kill him when you have all 250 essences? or is there anything else to it?

A lootable heart object appears in the lava. You run in, click it, and win.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
08/14/2011 02:58 AMPosted by Siiz
siiz why the hell are you a female gnome

I don't even know wtf is going on.

that has got to be the ugliest female gnome face you could've chosen besides the constipated one
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Can you elaborate any on the Rage of Ragnaros mechanic (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101109), Siiz, or did you guys down it on Heroic mode where it wasn't being applied?
Edited by Layn on 8/14/2011 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
08/14/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Layn
Can you elaborate any on the Rage of Ragnaros mechanic (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101109), Siiz, or did you guys down it on Heroic mode where it wasn't being applied?

Rage of ragnaros gets applied to you at the beginning of the fight, it's an enrage and will stay on you for the duration of the encounter. Every 1 minute you will start to pulse aoe (looks like hellfire) and then explode after 5 seconds, doing damage and knocking people into the air to everyone who is within the radius of the explosion. The explosion doesn't do any damage to you.

08/14/2011 03:12 PMPosted by Paperheart
that has got to be the ugliest female gnome face you could've chosen besides the constipated one

The armory is/was bugged, I am still a cute male gnome.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
If the player on that part of the quest dies during Ragnaros, is it suggested to wipe in case the item does not appear, or is this just a rumor?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

The armory is/was bugged, I am still a cute male gnome.

phew *pinches cute hairy gnome cheeks*
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hey Siiz,

Can i ask you a quick question about your reforging choice. I was told tht once u get the 4 piece of t12 that u need to reforge your stats to hit the 1 sec cast with lust+4xstack AB. This is even more important than mastery until u hit that plateau. Yet your still reforing all your haste to hit/mastery?

is what ive read flawed?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I don't see this being asked (because everyone is busy number crunching), but I would like to know something about the MOUNT aspect. Do you have to have the staff equipped whenever you want to turn into a dragon?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
It's impossible to use an equippable item without equipping it. Even if you type "/use item" it will equip it first. However, that does bring up a relevant question: Is there a 30 sec coodown triggered upon equipping it like trinkets and other select equipment?
Edited by Koakuma on 8/15/2011 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
08/15/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Seiryu
I don't see this being asked (because everyone is busy number crunching), but I would like to know something about the MOUNT aspect. Do you have to have the staff equipped whenever you want to turn into a dragon?

No you must have staff equipped to use it ability, In the same way you can't turn benediction into anathema without having it equipped or turn into opposite faction without equipping your orb of decpetion..... better question why would you ever take it off once you get it though...
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
There was also another Rage of Ragnaros buff;

Channeling the pure power of Ragnaros. Physical and magical damage taken is reduced by 99%.

Is that also part of the fight or was that just extra data mined stuff?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/15/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Shisai
better question why would you ever take it off once you get it though...

You hadn't thought of this? Dragonwrath certainly is nice, no doubt, but expecting to use it forever is ludicrous. How many people do you see still rocking their Shadowmournes in Firelands?

08/15/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Koakuma
It's impossible to use an equippable item without equipping it.

That's only if the staff itself is the mount, otherwise it gives you the ability to turn into the mount. It's one or the other.
Edited by Seiryu on 8/15/2011 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
Thanks for info and also grats on the staff. Also, yes I am trully jelly :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]