85 Human Mage
Great info Siiz, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
/jelly
Reply Quote
87 Troll Mage
Thanks for the info.

I imagine that it must look pretty cool when it procs arcane missiles when you have Alysrazor haste buff or the haste buff from the troll heroic flame casters. Pew pew machine gun ^^
Reply Quote
That brings up a question – how does it work with channeled spells?

Also, is there any visual when a dot procs it?
Edited by Olo on 8/12/2011 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Thx for the info! Me want to kiss Siiz's boots, "kiss, kiss, kiss". I have 5/25 Embers, long way to go.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Siiz I sent you a mail message but I'm definitely serious in that I'll help in any way that I can with figuring out the proc on the staff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Can you just turn on combat logging and play with the dummies in SW for each of the specs and upload em? That should give some of the # cruchers meat to chew on for a bit lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Congratulations on forming the staff, Siiz! I'm about 2 weeks away myself :)

I did have one question though. If it were to proc from an Arcane Blast it would deal Arcane Damage. Would this Arcane Damage be affected by Arcane Specialization, or more likely Mana Adept and/or Arcane Power (as they increase "spell damage" done)? VPLC from Ragaros deals Nature damage and scales with the two prior.

Thanks for all the info so far!
Edited by Exo on 8/12/2011 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I do have 3 questions about the proc

a) Does the proc get affected by Mana Adapt? I would expect it would?
b) Does the proc able to proc Water Elemental's Waterbolt?
c) How is the proc treating Combustion? Or for that matter Ignite as a whole. What I mean is If you go from say 1000 Ignite ticks to 2000 Ignite ticks, will the proc reflect those changes to Ignite?

Edit: Make that 4 questions

d) have you tested to see if the proc can miss?
Edited by Delritha on 8/12/2011 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Some new things that I've noticed is that if your arcane blast gets copied, it applies a stack of ab to you (ie: you can go from 1 to 3 stacks of AB).

If a target is hit by your initial blastwave cast and procs, it will trigger another blastwave + if you're talented into the flamestrike talent, it will spawn another one as well.

Flamestrike is considered a DOT and procs Wrath of Tarecgosa.

That brings up a question – how does it work with channeled spells?

Also, is there any visual when a dot procs it?

Channeled spells are no different than DD spells, it will add an extra missile if it procs. It is actually quite funny when you get multiple procs. Yes there is also a visual effect (you will see an extra missile). For DOTs the animation is the same as an Arcane Blast hitting a target.

Congratulations on forming the staff, Siiz! I'm about 2 weeks away myself :)

I did have one question though. If it were to proc from an Arcane Blast it would deal Arcane Damage. Would this Arcane Damage be affected by Arcane Specialization, or more importantly Mana Adept and/or Arcane Power? VPLC from Ragaros deals Nature damage and scales with the two prior.

Thanks for all the info so far!

The proc from arcane blast is simply the same spell you just cast. It is affected by everything (talents, procs, power gains, etc)

I logged 30 minutes of each spec for people to look at, I know this is not a big sample size, but to be honest the tests I do related to numbers won't be accurate enough. Here is the log to dig through.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/96oh0uib5qg7n4x1/
Edited by Siiz on 8/12/2011 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
So it seems you got 426 procs of Wrath of Tarecgosa from 3350 dot ticks? 12.7% rate? Of course, that includes both frost and fire specs, which probably have different proc rates. Any word on that?
Edited by Saumor on 8/12/2011 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]