Dragonwrath and YOU

90 Human Mage
For aoe the proc works just like a direct damage spell. It will copy the exact spell and cast it. As I mentioned on the other page if blastwave damage triggers the proc, and you are talented into imp flamestrike, it will cast another blastwave + put down another flamestrike.

Arcane explosion works the same way, this was on 3 targets, but hitting twice.

18:46:52> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1956 Overkill)
18:46:52> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1965 Overkill)
18:46:52> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1963 Overkill)
18:46:54> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1971 Overkill)
18:46:54> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1962 Overkill)
18:46:54> Siiz's Arcane Explosion hits Training Dummy for 1 Arcane.(1969 Overkill)

edit: I have not seen double procs (ie: a proc from a proc)
Edited by Siiz on 8/12/2011 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Can a single duplicated fireball that both crit make their own hot streak? Does it duplicate waterbolts?
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Kaerbear
Can a single duplicated fireball that both crit make their own hot streak?

Yes, it's literally the same spell, so it should generate HS/FoF
Reply Quote
so from what I can see, 10% chance to proc with no ICD?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Looking at the logs, it shows Deep Freeze dealing damage 68 times total. At the bottom, it has Deep Freeze showing its typical "Immune-Miss" 63 times. Does that mean you had 5 procs of it total? I guess that's about 10% (given the small sample) but I'm wondering if there were any errors with it since Deep Freeze requires the target to be frozen or a FoF charge to be available. Did you notice Deep Freeze proccing the staff only when you had two FoF charges available or did you see it happen when you just had one charge? I know it would consume the charge if it were available, I just want to know if it would actually happen if only one charge was there total.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
I'm a bit concerned with the whole interaction with fingers of frost, the proc, and deep freeze. Will it be able to throw a second deep freeze if you only had one charge?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Imagine it proccing off of Combustion. While you have up an impact proc.

Sup instant death for EVERYONE!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Imagine it proccing off of Combustion. While you have up an impact proc.

Sup instant death for EVERYONE!

It would either proc the initial damage portion of Combustion or a single tick of Combustion's damage, not the whole spell. I suppose having the DoT on multiple people will give you multiple chances to get an additional tick, but I hardly think it's as game breaking as you want it to be.

Another inquiry, are crits from Dragonwrath's proc restoring mana with Master of Elements? I suppose if they were, they'd be based off the copied spells mana cost, that or it wouldn't work at all.
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 07:53 PMPosted by Kaerbear
Can a single duplicated fireball that both crit make their own hot streak? Does it duplicate waterbolts?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it doesn't clone pet actions, thus the supposed (I say this very loosely) increase in proc rate for the staff for all pet specs.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
It's clear that direct aoe like Arcane Explosion will simply be cast again upon proc, but what about dot or channeled aoe like flamestrike or blizzard?
I thought you mentioned this before, but now I can't find it, or maybe you edited it out.
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 08:36 PMPosted by Steehl
Another inquiry, are crits from Dragonwrath's proc restoring mana with Master of Elements? I suppose if they were, they'd be based off the copied spells mana cost, that or it wouldn't work at all.

This is an interesting question. I was just going to ask if the copied spell spends mana (it's a dumb question but I haven't seen it stated anywhere) and Master of Elements interaction probably ties in to that.
Reply Quote
37 Undead Priest
I have a question for you guys. I am on the part of the quest, Delegation. At where i have to collect peaces of shards from specif bosses, Shanaxm Beth, Riley and Aly.

The portion with Shanox seems kind of confusing. From what I understand is the shards (in which i need 3 before i combine them) are underneath a shattered prism. Does this mean that when we trap Rageface/ Riplimb in a prism and shatter it, would one still drop underneath it. What if we just allow the prism to dissolve, would one still drop ? Or should someone just intentionally get trapped ? Then i have to simply place it underneath Riplimb before he throws his spear again, right ?

And also the one with Beth. I have never gone up, we have always had a rogue to do so. Timing is what i am worried about here. So we kill three drone, i collect then combine the three, then i go up and plant it and let her smoldering devastation scorch it, then i go back up...Timing ? Isn't she almost at 80% when that happens ?

Thanks again for any of the help i can get. I am getting this done next week.
Reply Quote
It's clear that direct aoe like Arcane Explosion will simply be cast again upon proc, but what about dot or channeled aoe like flamestrike or blizzard?
I thought you mentioned this before, but now I can't find it, or maybe you edited it out.

Flame strike's ground effect is treated as a DoT

i think blizzard works like AM
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
08/11/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Nissinn
Oh man can't wait for mine thanks for clearing some obvious questions up.
I'm surprised a healer isn't getting it first for you guys
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

Ok that would make sense about Blizzard.
As for Flamestrike, can each tickof FS proc on all targets, or does each target have its own chance to take a proc from FS individually?
Edited by Franksredhot on 8/12/2011 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Ok that would make sense about Blizzard.
As for Flamestrike, can each tickof FS proc on all targets, or does each target have its own chance to take a proc from FS individually?

Edited by Olo on 8/12/2011 8:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Excellent :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
08/12/2011 08:30 PMPosted by Kuni
I'm a bit concerned with the whole interaction with fingers of frost, the proc, and deep freeze. Will it be able to throw a second deep freeze if you only had one charge?

This is something I will test.

08/12/2011 08:36 PMPosted by Steehl
Another inquiry, are crits from Dragonwrath's proc restoring mana with Master of Elements?

Is there not anything in the logs that could show this? I haven't looked at the logs that in depth yet, but I will see about this as well.

Also, it does not clone pet actions. As posters said above.

08/12/2011 08:39 PMPosted by Franksredhot

Blizzard is channeled, just like AM, so it will probably work like that. (also mentioned above)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
08/11/2011 03:31 PMPosted by Siiz
I've been getting hammered in tells about how this staff works

Man, people can be selfish **%#s (not you, everyone thinking their tell is original, necessary, and appreciated).

Grats on the staff, and thanks for the testing. I saw that log you put up, 'wrath of tarecgosa' only being from dots helps make some sense of it.
Reply Quote
74 Troll Hunter
Shame for the world-first go to a Gnome. Oh well. Congratz, I suppose.
Edited by Kazran on 8/12/2011 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]