I'm so disappointed

100 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been playing this game a long time. I know there are thousands of kind, tolerant, helpful and all around wonderful people who play both Horde and Alliance. What I don't understand is why some people have to be just plain mean.

Yesterday, my guild mate and I were doing the dailies in Hyjal. The big, ugly, yellow rare elite spider spawned. My friend, a hunter, and I ran on over to see about the possibility of her taming it. There were a couple of other guys there, both alliance. First one tried and died, then the other tried and died. My friend tried and died. It was like a merry musical chairs. Taking turns to see who might be the ultimate winner. Well, my friend was finally able to get a foothold... she was succeeding! Then both of the Alliance guys stepped up and purposely killed the mob, then proceeded to follow us around laughing.

I was furious and perplexed at their behavior. Was it so important to them that if they couldn't have it, then no one would? One of them made a point of switching out all of his rare pets for everyone to see. Obviously no one killed his attempts, why did he believe it would be funny and cool to thwart someone elses? I'm just completely disappointed in the quality of character coming out into the world (all of them) today.

By the way, the names of the two Alliance characters are Erothz (funny E) and Blackdragon. I would think twice about wasting your time trying to tame a pet with either of these two around.

Just my two cents.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Actually my first experience was horrible when I came to this server with alliance. Absolute horrible representation of Alliance. But then again, When do little kids care about their reputation?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Ehhhh, there are !@#$%^-s from both factions on every server. Sucks but there's not much you can do about it because relative anonymity makes people act like jerks.

Sorry about your friend though. :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If i'm in the area hollar i'll pvp flag and draw some attention.. :D

But yeah that was not cool what they did.

If I see the rare ones running around, I leave them alone for you hunters :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Wow that stinks! I can't stand people that act like that.
There are 2 rules in my guild: No begging for gold and don't be a jerk. They'd get the /gkick for that from me. It might seem a bit extreme, but I don't want people like that in my guild. Maybe their GM is the same?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
it's times like these when you wish Exodar was a PvP server. To the offenders, you're giant !@#$ing tools.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
08/12/2011 09:51 AMPosted by Tysøn
Actually my first experience was horrible when I came to this server with alliance. Absolute horrible representation of Alliance. But then again, When do little kids care about their reputation?
This
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
lol ask johnbeatles why a horde DK killed skarr when he was trying to tame it

its every faction on every server
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
That's my point. I'm not trying to corner either faction. Some people are just, plain mean.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
It's just like IRL, except the odds are probably higher that you'd meet a jerk online since anonymity causes people to sometimes forget they are human. Sorry you had a bad experience though.
Edited by Emeey on 8/13/2011 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
08/13/2011 07:10 AMPosted by Emeey
It's just like IRL, except the odds are probably higher that you'd meet a jerk online since anonymity causes people to sometimes forget they are human. Sorry you had a bad experience though.

Pathetic isn't it? People amaze me on their stupidity.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
:( I don't understand the point of killing the rare spawns, they don't drop fat loot like the WotLK rares. Hopefully your friend will be able to get him next time <3
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Warrior
maybe people are curious? I know I stop to kill them just to see what they drop.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sorry to hear.

It's amazing how some kids (and adults) will act when they hide behind the computer. These will be the first person to cry bloody murder if it happened to them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/14/2011 11:36 AMPosted by Blood
maybe people are curious? I know I stop to kill them just to see what they drop.

Crystalline Tear of Loyalty

This is all that the rare hunter pets drop this expac. Not that it would actually discourage people from killing them.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
ill keep an eye out for the spawns if i see any ill post up on herez for ya
i already have them all in the molten front
Edited by Killalette on 8/15/2011 1:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
This has been a problem for a while now. Back in vanilla an tbc there was sort of a mutual respect. The only trolling or harassment was on the rogue forums. Unless you were flagged for the most part you would be left alone. Enter wotlk where everyone thinks they deserve something and can achieve much with little effort...and you have the current community which even the Blues say is out of control with trolling ad harassment.

This isn't the first, or last time this will happen. And if I was still on realm i'd gladly flag myself to kill them. Then again...i do have Alts!
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Also should report them. It's not against the rules to kill something as they see fit, but it is allowed to grieve a player and harass. Maybe a slap on the peep** will make them think twice

-Rourk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
:| I'm so oblivious to realm news, I didn't even know you left, Rourk.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]