Enhancement Shaman Weapons

85 Orc Shaman
Could someone please explain to me why Enhancement Shaman do not have a viable weapon selection at the present moment? We have 359 weapons that we need to kill Nefarian's End or farm trash drops for. We also have 378 weapons that we need to kill Baleroc the Gatekeeper or farm trash drops for. I noticed there's not a single 365 Blacksmithing pattern for us.

I personally do NOT want to wait for Brewfest dungeon farming to get the next super Tankard O' Terror. Why can't viable weapons be in our reach right now?

What are we supposed to do? Maybe this is why some Enhancement Shaman started using caster weapons for DPS since Agility 1-hand Axes and Maces are so hard to come by?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
08/14/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Thaumasurge
farm trash drops for.

Actually, that drops off any boss that isn't ragnaros, not trash.

Enhancement actually has a pretty decent weapon selection compared to last tier. 2 weapons, neither of which are off a hard to obtain boss.

Maybe this is why some Enhancement Shaman started using caster weapons for DPS since Agility 1-hand Axes and Maces are so hard to come by?

Couldn't be more wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Chillbro is right. Enhancement weapons are currently in a best spot than T11 was. Normal T11 had 3 weapons in total: Crul'korak, Maimgor's Bite (OH only, though) and one of the Claws. For heroic you only had Nefarian as a choice, which was definitely not one of the bosses most people put on farm mode early.

Firelands have Baleroc with the Gatecrasher and the random mace which can drop from every single boss in Firelands sans Rag. That is far better than just one drop off from one end boss in T11 or the trash in a dungeon which had less than 15 trash mobs.

Maybe this is why some Enhancement Shaman started using caster weapons for DPS since Agility 1-hand Axes and Maces are so hard to come by?

Nope. You could add other 3 non-sword 1H agility weapons and Enhancement would still preffer an item like the Eye of Purification. The use of the EoP has little to do with weapon disponibility.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Enhancement actually has a pretty decent weapon selection compared to last tier. 2 weapons, neither of which are off a hard to obtain boss

Only if you are part of the "raid or die" set.
Every other class/spec got crafted ilvl 365 upgrades... fun stuff walking into every pug raid outgeared by everyone's alts because of stupid oversights like this.
Edited by Indraenil on 8/14/2011 1:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Every other class/spec got crafted ilvl 365 upgrades... fun stuff walking into every pug raid outgeared by everyone's alts because of stupid oversights like this.

Out geared on two items in a heroic? OH NO
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Crafted items are only 6 ilvl above T11 normal items. BWD is nerfed pretty hard so killing Nef every week is not difficult. Seeing an alt have a 365 weapon while you have a 359 or 346 is hardly what I would call being outgeared.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
08/14/2011 01:41 PMPosted by Korghal
Crafted items are only 6 ilvl above T11 normal items. BWD is nerfed pretty hard so killing Nef every week is not difficult. Seeing an alt have a 365 weapon while you have a 359 or 346 is hardly what I would call being outgeared.

id say its somewhat more significant since the only enhance buffs we have gotten since cata's release involved 'weapon damage scaling'.. where higher ilvl directly contributes to more damage.... just saying.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
And that matters in heroics why? If you know what you're doing, you'll out-DPS anyone not raiding and using 365 weapons.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman

Out geared on two items in a heroic? OH NO

I hear melee weapons aren't the most important piece of gear for melee specs
Edited by Indraenil on 8/14/2011 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
And I hear DPS in a heroic matters.
Edited by Chillbro on 8/14/2011 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
08/14/2011 08:51 PMPosted by Chillbro
And I hear DPS in a heroic matters.

He said a raid, you moron.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]