Easier DMF rep next patch?

22 Dwarf Shaman
With the new darkmoon faire island, do you think DMF rep will be less punishing?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
DMF island? Sounds like a daily quest hub to me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Wait...Darkmoon faire was hard?
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Shaman
08/17/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Ragequit

Just costly, and if this new island makes rep easier i could grind it out on another toon.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
they will probably add ways to get rep but it will most likely cap out at the same spot that the quests they have now do about 3000 into friendly i think. i doubt they would make it easier to get because of insane title. goblin rep is semi easier or will be easier in 4.3 with all the gear to kill guards faster. hardest part is lockboxes thhough with horrible drop rate atm
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Back in the cataclysm beta there was heaps of achievements for the Darkmoon Faire but they were sc*%*@d before release.

In 4.2, files for 'Alcaz Island' was edited indicating something was going on in that area in the distant future.

Could the Darkmoon Faire island be Alcaz Island?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Back in the cataclysm beta there was heaps of achievements for the Darkmoon Faire but they were sc*%*@d before release.

They REALLY need to do something about censoring words that don't need censoring just because a censored word appears in it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I hope they make rep. easier, I've got an 85 alt that is inscription to make me cards so I only have to buy a few now & then but it's still a slow process that I'm still working on.

Many cards can be expensive so I avoid buying cards most of the time & just wait for my alt to complete sets.

Be nice though to have new quests that give rep.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I can't see them making an Insane rep significantly easier. Maybe slightly, offering a few one-time gains, but nothing as trivialising as a daily or easy turn-ins.

08/18/2011 04:55 AMPosted by Parisoftroy

They REALLY need to do something about censoring words that don't need censoring just because a censored word appears in it.

They really need to do something about people who think that "scrapped" only has one p in it :)
But yes the filter is pretty rudimentary. Been reported constantly for six years so I guess they like it that way.
Reply Quote
If there is a rep related to the Faire, it'll probably be an entirely new rep faction.
Edited by Thecheat on 8/19/2011 10:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/17/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Ragequit

If you didn't mind spamming 2000 stacks of bruiseweed, I guess you could call it easy.

But I mean, coal mining irl is just as mindless (most of what you're doing is shoveling coal on to a conveyor belt for 12 hours) but no one would call that easy work unless you were mentally deficient.
Edited by Shayleah on 8/24/2011 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can't see them making an Insane rep significantly easier. Maybe slightly, offering a few one-time gains, but nothing as trivialising as a daily or easy turn-ins.

They really need to do something about people who think that "scrapped" only has one p in it :)
But yes the filter is pretty rudimentary. Been reported constantly for six years so I guess they like it that way.

The filter is like an old basic one with no brains to consider context. Makes the forum look like some antiquated site written in old old mainframe programming language. Like an 8-bit game site. Not just rudimentary, it's embarrassing! =P

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/194349/43-preview-the-all-new-darkmoon-faire

Well, don't I feel silly for using all my tickets from getting Friendly on those damn Greater Prizes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
New DMF sounds pretty great. Lots of new things to do/buy. Wish I was still working on DMF rep but I'm sure there'll be something to satisfy my collector/OCDness. Only thing meh is the sanctuary part. Sure was fun times camping DMF for gems/herbs and getting some world PvP action.

*lures the OP into the woods*

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Will DMF be less punishing.... At the moment maybe 0.05% of WoW players have it at exalted. When it is stripped down to the usual "lol do some dailies for a couple of weeks or throw on a tabard in sum dungeons" anyone who wants it will be exalted in no time.

We really should request for the 'Insane' title to be renamed 'the Mediocre'.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm sorry, but Darkmoon faire rep is already less punishing. Take it from someone who got it exalted:

-Before achievements were invented
-Before the cards were BoE
-Before Inscription
-Before multiple expansions for numerous cheap decks.

I spent more gold and time and effort than you can believe getting exalted. Back when you could only vendor the cards. Back when there were a handful of decks to get. Back before there were guild bonuses to rep. There was no way to sell off the cards on the AH or players. There were no way to buy people's decks to turn it in for them.

Also back when having over 100k gold meant something.

DMF rep has been nerfed beyond belief already.
Edited by Ryken on 8/25/2011 9:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/25/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Otterlover
We really should request for the 'Insane' title to be renamed 'the Mediocre'.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I guess I can understand being grumpy that a grind which took you 300 man-hours of gameplay to accomplish has been nerfed down to requiring only 100 or so but still haha.

I'M A BIGGER NERD THAN YOU, I DID IT WHEN IT WAS REALLY HARD.

I'm not grumpy ;) I'm just sayin' that the rep has been nerfed over time on a larger scale than people realize, and that the way it is now is a mere fraction of what it is. People saying its hrd now, or that it is "punishing", really don't understand how easy it is now.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Going to have to say, that if the quests there do allow for DMF rep to go above the original repeatable quest cap then it is time to make IITM unobtainable. Removing shen'dralar was bad enough, but this would be a bit too far.

Or they could change it so that its a separate achievement and it would award the new title of "the slightly bothered" because when shen'dralar is gone and DMF could be nerfed to a matter of dailies, it hardly seems worthy of "the insane".

(and before i get trolled/flamed by someone who doesn't bother to check, yes, i'm shen'dralar exalted).

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]