Transmogrifier: Armor Restriction Solution

85 Goblin Hunter
08/18/2011 09:14 AMPosted by Elineé
I agree. But for now, let's try to get them to start off closer towards our desired implementation than further away.

Alright, good point. That said, I agree with your ideas for solutions, particularly regarding grey/white items. I would hope that Blizzard would want their art to be used instead of wasted!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warrior
The only ones that really bother me are the legendaries and not being able to get some of the old sets anymore.

They should make old sets that you can't get anymore available for JP, and they should most definitely let you use the legendary skin if you have the legendary weapon.

What's the point of having a legendary if the only time you ever get to see it is when a bunch of idiots are linking it in trade chat or you're dancing in Org with it?
Edited by Cocha on 8/18/2011 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I support this thread too :) Most of my outfits I've collected over the years are cloth... so I'm at a loss as far as pretty outfits to mog :(

I have warlord's gear and thunderheart gear to pick from now D:
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I love this - Horde and Alliance, brought together through Transmogrification :D

Thanks for the support guys, let's keep this discussion active!:D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I like solution 1, since I spent some time putting together an org guard outfit, which is sadly leather. =(
Reply Quote
BUMP for support. Restrictions are bad Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Or give crafters patterns for these with throw away stats to meet the requirements, or a throw away proc on it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
08/18/2011 09:49 AMPosted by Dremall
Or give crafters patterns for these with throw away stats to meet the requirements, or a throw away proc on it.

Allowing crafters to make "appearance only" items with the same appearance as old set items / weapons would be a nice feature. Good idea.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hi, I'm an avid roleplayer and my post is with regard to the armor type and weapon type restrictions.

So, I'd first like to say that I don't very much like or agree with them. It limits too much, for me, in terms of things my characters can wear that fits their theme as a roleplay character. I understand where you guys come from that "DKs need to wear plate, like Paladins and Warriors. No robes. Nope." and such that follow that philosophy.

I've taken a liking to the lowbie leather pants, for instance. The one sporting a wide model with side bags. Two of my characters wear them. (Seeker's Britches)

Say for example, I geared my roleplay gear on my hunter to make him look like some sort of bounty hunter. Obviously, he won't just be sporting armor-like mail gear. He'll be sporting some leather gear like a collar over his face (Rohan's Mask), a singular spaulder (Defiant Spire Shoulderguard), pants with pouches (Seeker's Britches), etc etc.

My assassin(Rogue), which I've taken to great lengths to have an Assassin's Creed theme, wears a cloth hood to supply for the overall theme. (Aurora Cowl)

My other Paladin sports (and this is largely due to the theme she's played off of as an Argent Dawn member):
40% leather gear, (Seeker's Britches, Gloves of the "Pure", Wicked Leather Headband)
40% mail gear (Silvered Bronze Boots, (Warchief's Girdle, Breastplate of the Scarlet Monastery)
and a measly 20% plate. (Highlander's Lamellar Spaulders, Flesh Giant Toe-Ring)

Looking at those restrictions, I might as well have her fight in nothing but her plate pauldrons, a cape, a tabard and her weapon. Buttnaked into battle.

We're talking about gear (weapons and armor) I've procured that my characters can wear. Yet the limitations state that I can't inter-'mog' armor and weapon types, and these characters I've listed down deviate some from the orthodox weapon types these classes are supposed to use - according to mechanics and theorycrafting - because of roleplay themes and purposes.

I know it sounds like a rant, but 60% of my active characters gets the shaft because of these restrictions. Like you guys at Blizz said: You want for us to have more fun doing content as our characters look like we want them to - heroes in unique-looking sets, not generic clowns that look little different at a glance from the guy beside me wearing the same thing.

Well, that's what I want to do. I love the concept and I'm psyched as to its implementation. It's just too bad the restrictions get in the way of what I want to do with my character. Nobody here can tell me the themes I've set forth for myself aren't unique in terms of gear assembly.

If it's about the fear that PvPers will use it to their advantage to hide what they're wearing while running around BGs, Arenas, or PvP areas, why not just create a script that disables it for everyone else in those areas except for the wearer. Same goes if they're flagged.

I hope this is put into consideration, at the very least.

This post of mine from two other threads should sum up how I feel about it.

...we have Feral druids that look like rogues because the art of their gear is for the latter but the stats can be either for a Cat-Feral Druid or a Rogue.

So, putting together a druid wearing that gear (let's say a full set of the off-key stat pieces) and a rogue wearing their tier. What makes them different apart from the nameplate? Maybe if the druid had Fandral's Flamescythe or something, but take that away and they're basically wearing the same thing.

We have DK tanks wearing some belts and boots that look like they should be part of the Warrior Tier, some Paladins wearing DK boots, belt, and the occasional off-set pauldrons because they want to DPS and the stats are sufficient.

I don't see how letting us take the graphic of a leather helm for a warrior, paladin, hunter, or DK will confuse us more than it's already doing as of now.

Why the restrictions are pretty much redundant.

... I've actually considered a sort of... individual disabling. Let me give an example. (Some people may see this as an extra constraint on Blizzard, but hey. I'm thinking of something.)

Say Death Knight "Ibreakurface" is wearing his full battlegear (All plate). However, he wants his transmogrified components to look like this to something he finds aesthetically pleasing:

Head: Cloth*
Shoulder: Leather*
Chest: Plate
Hands: Leather*
Belt: Mail*
Legs: Leather*
Feet: Plate

At least more than half of his gear was transmogrified into something that isn't in agreement to his armor type. Now, what if Blizzard made it so that when in a PvP setting, be you in a BG, Arena, Told Barad, Wintergrasp, or when you're just flagged, all of the parts that don't agree (with asterisks *) will have their transmogrification disabled, at least until they leave the place and their flag drops?

Same could go for weapons, too.

Food for thought.

Alternative to the restrictions I feel might be viable. Just me, though.

My two cents.
Edited by Ghodfrey on 8/18/2011 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Paladin
All i want is to tank with thunderfury :(
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 11:43 AMPosted by Orissa
*The only weapon restrictions I would have would be 1h - 1h, 2h - 2h, as long as the attack animations match up. (No 2h swords morphed into staves)

If you go into Wowmodelviewer (which I use for Inkscape projects) you'll find that the animations are divided as such:

1h (including daggers)
2h
2h Large (staves/polearms)

I too would like to see the weapon restriction only be 1h to 1h or 2h to 2h or 2h large to 2h large.

That's all well and good, but it still doesn't let me use a polearm!

... stupid agility classes, mumble mumble
Reply Quote
The only problem I see with it changing when you're flagged, is if you're a roleplayer on an RPPvP realm. Most RP (roleplay) happens in the major cities, from what I've seen, Stormwind as an example. But that's often where most griefers hang out. To get away from griefers -- and for people just RPing somewhere outside of starter zones and major cities ((Such as Duskwood, Tanaris, Stonetalon, Plaguelands)) -- those people would have to remain flagged, thus in turn it would make your transmogrification go away, if the idea for it being disabled when you're flagged were to happen.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
if i see someone in pvp or in my dungeon group wearing a santa outfit, im pretty sure i'd snap.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 11:53 AMPosted by Talgriv
The only problem I see with it changing when you're flagged, is if you're a roleplayer on an RPPvP realm. Most RP (roleplay) happens in the major cities, from what I've seen, Stormwind as an example. But that's often where most griefers hang out. To get away from griefers -- and for people just RPing somewhere outside of starter zones and major cities ((Such as Duskwood, Tanaris, Stonetalon, Plaguelands)) -- those people would have to remain flagged, thus in turn it would make your transmogrification go away, if the idea for it being disabled when you're flagged were to happen.

If that was to my suggestion, I never said it was perfect. I'm shooting blanks here, I daresay I didn't put many factors in mind save for that which affect me.

At any rate, though, I'm not a programmer, either. Merely a player offering his (albeit very naive) two cents on the matter, hoping it will bear favorable results for players like myself who like to mix and match gear.
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
Give us something we've begged for for years, and it's still not enough for you people :|
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Oximusprime
Give us something we've begged for for years, and it's still not enough for you people :|

It would be bad if we were just complaining all to hell about how much the restrictions suck. Yet we're here providing alternatives to these restrictions and maybe help to alleviate the brainstorming Blizzard would do were they to consider this and recode the transmogrifier to accomodate some of the things here, or some new additions they might think of entirely.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/18/2011 09:04 AMPosted by Schmuckers
What is the problem with just having to go in under the assumption that they have the best gear and forcing you to respond accordingly?

I was just pointing out the difference between costumes and transmogrified gear and why they would be treated differently, since you know, they function differently.
Reply Quote
If that was to my suggestion, I never said it was perfect. I'm shooting blanks here, I daresay I didn't put many factors in mind save for that which affect me.

At any rate, though, I'm not a programmer, either. Merely a player offering his (albeit very naive) two cents on the matter, hoping it will bear favorable results for players like myself who like to mix and match gear.

To yours and to others that I've seen. Wasn't criticizing your post at all, just providing some other things to work around for the ideas on how to fix this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]