Transmogrification: Acherus Knight's Set

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello fellow death knights,

Blizzard has stated:

We would like to offer some alternative ways to get favorite items that are no longer available, such as perhaps the dungeon tier sets or the DK start gear. This is something we will expand over time – not every favorite item will be immediately available at launch. But we’ll keep a list of items that get requested by the players and work to get them in someday.

I am one of the death knights who unfortunately vendored his starting area equipment to clear up bag space. However, I would like very much to be able to "wear" this set once more when patch 4.3 hits (or shortly after). The blue quest reward set is nice as well, but I'd much rather see preference given to the green starter set.

And so, let's begin a thread which may hopefully grab Blizzard's attention as a request from players to offer a means of obtaining this set once more, or a method of transmogrifying into this set.
Edited by Wyth on 8/18/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
nice!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I wholeheartedly support this. I loved that set.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree!
Reply Quote
87 Human Death Knight
WO0O0O0O0O0T!!!

/sign
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You're all gonna wear the same gear? Sheep.
Reply Quote
Only thing I dislike about current DK pvp gear is the chest covering the neck. I'll switch that with something like season 8 chest or T7.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
you can still pick up the items for that set that look like it from naxx/sarth
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Would very much like this, they could just sell it as with the grey items from siege master corvus. You know that grey armor that nobody actually buys with no stats. (Bleached Bone Chestplate, Grunts Shoulder Pads"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
/sign

I vendored my greens for the same reason. Kept the helm though. Love that thing.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes add a "Scourge Surplus" vendor to Archerus. Old Scourge Gear found or leftover from the onslaught. Like a Scourge Army/Navy Store.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
While I do like that set and perhaps will look at getting the Naxxramas equivalent at some point (as pointed out in another thread), I may also try and get the T10 stuff and also keep my T11 stuff, as these sets look just as nice on a DK.

Not T12 though. That set is fugly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
there are so many better looking sets and items in this game you could wear.

if I hear another god damn DK crooning in a my little pony voice, "I'M GONNA WEAR THE ACHERUS STARTER GEAR WITH ARMAGEDDON! GIGGLE!" I will go dexter on y'all

WELL I CAN'T WEAR WHAT I'M WEARING VIA ARMORY BECAUSE IT'S CLOTH. Acherus is my next best thing. Unless. I feel like getting UD DK set...Or the ICC set.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
Or just make a GM ticket. I got my set back yesterday.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/19/2011 03:52 AMPosted by Zergme

Because that would be totally diferent from what we have today rite?

Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Death Knight
<---

Although rare, it's moments like these that I'm glad I have a little bit of OCD. Besides, it was too awesome to trash it, even though I debated it sooo many times.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Fools! I have had this set clogging up space in my bank just in case they decided allow transmogrification!

What? ....They are going to make it availiable again? I am the fool for clogging up all that damn bank space with it this whole time?

Crap!

But really, glad that they will be bringing it back so everyone else will get it. (Though im still a little upset considering all the things ive had to vendor in its place this whole time.)
Edited by Kalnomos on 8/19/2011 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Hoylshadow

Yes it would be. Today gear looks how it looks and you're forced to wear it to participate in end game content. With transmogrification, you're all CHOOSING to look the same, making you sheep.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/19/2011 01:57 PMPosted by Zergme

Yes it would be. Today gear looks how it looks and you're forced to wear it to participate in end game content. With transmogrification, you're all CHOOSING to look the same, making you sheep.

I always thought being a sheep meant copying others just to fit in with the "herd". In anycase, if we are all wearing it, its because we all like it. That others are wearing it isnt a good enough reason for me not to wear it. I am not implying that it could not be a legit reason not to wear it. If you like to be dressed different from others, that sort of qualifies as an aesthetic choice in its own right.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]