Evenin' PvP Enthusiasts

86 Human Paladin
I won't go into class balance too much (well, let's just say I'd love to see some Ret love and leave it at that, hehe). However I hope maybe the devs could offer some insight into their feelings on leveling through PvP. I'd like to direct these questions at them:

1. Has there ever been any discussion on daily quests for battlegrounds? Something to encourage and hopefully guide players toward working toward objectives as a team, while offering a small bonus of xp/honor and money (for lowbies dailies would be unlocked as they leveled and gained new bgs)? Perhaps even awarding dedicated players extra rewards (similar to other daily hubs like Argent Tourney and Molten Front) for completing them?

2. Resilience is such an important stat in PvP and outside of some outliers (players not having all skills yet, overly strong at low level abilities such as Ambush, etc.,), players aren't really exposed to the concept of resilience until 70, if they're even aware of the old season gear. Has there ever been any discussion about retooling the rewards for honor across the board? Stuff like armor sets before level 60, rebalancing battleground rep rewards, etc?
85 Human Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2927093697

If you acknowledge this, I'll stop posting in this thread. I just want to make sure it gets read. Thanks Zar.
90 Orc Hunter
08/18/2011 08:14 PMPosted by Jklawling
Under the current system that Hunter focus is in, are there any plans to remove attack speed slows from focus regenerating shots?

1000x this.
Blizz have already said, Glennstashe, that if someone is allowed to Solo queue for rated battlegrounds, you dont HAVE rated bgs, you just have random battlegrounds again but this time they reward rating, titles, and the best PVP gear available. Normal random BGs would cease to exist.
85 Human Rogue

If you acknowledge this, I'll stop posting in this thread. I just want to make sure it gets read. Thanks Zar.

he already spoke about blizzard planning not to reset the ladders.
90 Orc Hunter
Many thanks for taking the time here Zar, not sure if you guys realise how much it relieves the community just to see people talking - even if its not stuff they want to hear :P
+1 to the guy who suggested using image/word challenge to que to eliminate bots. (The entire internet using it for over a year wasn't a clue?)

Bots/scripts existing for more than a month was complete disregard for PvP.

Nobody being instantly banned for running 3rd party programs to abuse PvP is just encouraging more people to cheat.

Players experienced ruined due to inactive players trying to soak up honor because the entire PvP/Gear system is unmonitored: Priceless?
85 Orc Hunter
08/18/2011 08:18 PMPosted by Kordwar
Under the current system that Hunter focus is in, are there any plans to remove attack speed slows from focus regenerating shots?
64 Human Paladin
Just wanted to say, I love ya Zarhym.

Stuff like this keeps my Blizz Faith high :) Fight~o
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we please please PLEASE finally just have a complete split between PvE and PvP so that neither side has to compromise when it comes to balance anymore? I still don't understand why this hasn't happened in the first place it would've made things a hell of a lot easier from a balance perspective. If you consider the man hours into making such a split a problem I have no doubt that the lack of time and effort you'd have to put into balancing things would more than make up for it in my opinion.
Community Manager
08/18/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Zetox
I have a question, why do you continue to ignore questions such as the ladder, mmr, and "no balance class questions" when atleast 75% of the people in this thread have said atleast 1 of 3?

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE MY RESPONSE TO QUESTIONS LIKE THIS?

:p

Works both ways. I'm not armed with all of the knowledge to take all of you on by myself. It's after 8 p.m. here, so I'm just spittin' and flowin' based on what I know and can share at this moment.
90 Pandaren Mage
Remove Necrotic Strike, or at least make it so it doesn't have every single pvp utility other than Stun and Kick (Cast Slow, Healing Absorb, Aoe Snare is way too much for a single ability).

If it just did Healign Absorb, or just did a cast slow, or even one of those 2 with the aoe snare it wouldn't be as ridiculous as it is.
85 Orc Hunter
08/18/2011 08:20 PMPosted by Zarhym
Works both ways. I'm not armed with all of the knowledge to take all of you on by myself. It's after 8 p.m. here, so I'm just spittin' and flowin' based on what I know and can share at this moment.

Spit harder zarhym you can do it!
85 Draenei Shaman
How will the mitigation model that tanks are moving over to going to effect the cocnept of them as flag carriers in the BG's?
85 Orc Warrior
Several curiousities:

Is there a way to to make IoC and AV more PvP and less PvE? As they stand they tend to become more races to the boss than actual epic skirmishes.

Any new BG's n development?

Will 15man RBG's ever return? I rather liked 15man AB/EoTS.

Are ferals being looked at by the nerf bat? It seems rather silly atm that tehy seem to be able to tear through everything and not really have a counter.

I know that there is the new raid finder and cross realm dungeons, is there a possibility that those features can be converted for RBG's?

Thanks for your time.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Do you have any new plans to try and balance PvE without it affecting balance in PvP or vice versa? We haven't heard anything on this subject recently.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Would the thought of adding queues like LFD to Rated BGs ever be entertained? I like the RBG concept but I don't get to use it nearly as much as I would like to on my server.

Comps comps comps I know. The less than perfect comp would be the trade off for the option of not having to form a PvP raid.
Edited by Gulvar on 8/18/2011 8:23 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock
Still looking for you to just acknowledge
please. Even a temp ban on me would work!
Community Manager
08/18/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Tripleturbo
no hunter questions answered yet ):

I need to talk to the devs about the balance feedback I'm seeing echoed in here. That still doesn't guarantee I'll get right back to you tomorrow on this stuff, but it's on my radar. I'm sure it's on theirs too, as they regularly read our forums and AJ. I just need to discuss it with them.
Edited by Zarhym on 8/18/2011 9:17 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]