Evenin' PvP Enthusiasts

85 Night Elf Druid
These fixes will help everyone

Rogue - Make Recuperate a Cool down of sorts "Reason" Rogues can get 5 combo Recuperate, Vanish and sap 3 times while that happens with around 125k health 6k per 3 seconds 5 combo = 180k health 6000 x 30 = 180k for the stupid people...to powerful on a class with high survivability when played correctly. Also lowering the damage done by Ambush, the spell can be easily spammed in shadow walk, crits around 15-20k that is a huge load on players also with cloth or leather gear.

Mage - Honestly this class has nothing wrong with it Very easy to kill when you can get hold of them...but also hard to catch, learn to kill them and you win

Shaman - This class is fine

Warrior - This class is fine, only problem is after charging a player heroic leap should have a 2 seconds world cooldown to keep players from making a macro making it a very annoying and OP starting attack

Druids - Druids Bleeds need to be nuked and focused more on their Shred damage and Mangle damage...also stampeding roar should not cost any energy since it is just a sprint, Healing spells should be casted in Cat Form. leaving the form for a healing spell is dumb when it is a feral talent.

Priests - This class is fine very well made

Hunters - This class is fine

Dk - This class should have a longer CD on Strangulate, The only reason behind this is they have these spells to stun or cancel a casting spell Death Grip / Pet Stun / Mind Freeze also having a silence is making it almost impossible for Priests to survive. "honestly that is something a priest told me but i think they are fine"

Warlock - This class is fine other then the long drawn out fight over Their teleport should require them to be in LoS of it. Porting from 1 level to another or from the middle of a arena to behind a wall, is very OP and no class has any way to counter it.

Paladin - This class is fine, Ret needs some skill and timing to play, and holy is able to be killed. Bubble is annoying but there are classes to counter it.

If you noticed i am not nuking all classes because i do not want to be the most OP that is pointless and gives me nothing to do. My cat form is not a warrior it is a rogue hybrid form. thus i should do more damage on attacks not over time, Done deal

Quote this line if your comment is for my post to this thread, and agree or disagree giving me the fix for the idea i have given.

Also all of my concerns are for level 85 and that is all QQ babies about low levels can go home
Edited by Venndetta on 8/18/2011 7:00 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
How do you feel about resto druid's survivability in arenas?
90 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 06:58 PMPosted by Lhehitman
fix blink in wsg, thanks : )

What's wrong with blink in WSG?
90 Goblin Hunter
You should have asked AJ.
85 Undead Warlock
08/18/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Zarhym
about that aff locks and shamans are the main classes doing well in high end and even low end pvp these classes have far to much synergy and because of this any class combined with them does well, do you have guys have any intention to fix this?

Based on my recent conversation with GC, he did mention in particular that a Resto shaman tweak needs to be made. In particular, he's prepared to get his nasty claws on Windshear.

He's gone for the day and I don't want to try and paraphrase our conversation, at the risk of sounding incredibly naive. ;p Besides, I don't want this thread to be dictated by class balance.

PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU FOR THIS FIX WORLD PVP WITH GILNEAS CITY http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1
85 Draenei Shaman
about that aff locks and shamans are the main classes doing well in high end and even low end pvp these classes have far to much synergy and because of this any class combined with them does well, do you have guys have any intention to fix this?

Based on my recent conversation with GC, he did mention in particular that a Resto shaman tweak needs to be made. In particular, he's prepared to get his nasty claws on Windshear.

He's gone for the day and I don't want to try and paraphrase our conversation, at the risk of sounding incredibly naive. ;p Besides, I don't want this thread to be dictated by class balance.

Are there any plans to make this nerf not affect enh/ele shamans like EVERY SINGLE OTHER nerf to resto shamans? (Stoneclaw, Grounding, Purge, etc. etc.)
Community Manager
08/18/2011 06:41 PMPosted by Qqpremades
Any chances of bringing back old AV? Seems like most PVPers support this idea.

I even ranted to Tom Chilton and Greg Street about this recently. For all the reasons it was wrong, I still loved losing all track of time while involved in an endless -- quite literally -- battle for AV. I loved doing constant suicide runs from SF graveyard on my gnome 'lock just to try and interrupt the Horde summons.

We haven't stopped talking about it. Part of the problem is Battlegrounds are incredibly scripted, to the point they're actually worked on quite a bit by our encounter design team. We need to keep working on new ways of developing Battlegrounds to improve their design.

But, to your point, it's doubtful AV 1.0 will be resurrected, and there's only so much tweaking we can do to try and improve the current one -- we'd be working on very old framework with AV. At this point, it'd probably be easier and produce better results if we started from scratch.
85 Human Mage
Season 9 was completely invalidated by MMR system abuse and glad selling, and Season 10 is going to be completely invalidated by a lack of reset. Not resetting MMR has created a serious issue in arenas. There are players at ratings that are currently unreachable, and people who actually have really high personal rating are not going to queue until they are sure they are queuing with others who have the same.

The new system fixes the problem, but only if the inflated players are forced to play or have their MMR lowered or reset.

The reset could be anounced well in advance. Claim you are doing it a month before the season ends (or something along those lines.) People actively queue near the end of the season anyway to make sure they keep their spot, and it wouldn't interfere with gearing much at that point. On top of that people only use RBGs to gear now because arena is highly ineffective unless you are just trying to reduce the number of RBGs you are forced in to playing under the current system.

---

For more of a question, are there any plans to further modify the matchmaking system? At lower ratings gaining MMR can be brutal now, even with ~80% win rate we only went from 2120->2150 MMR over the course of 40 games. It seems like arenas are trying to aggressively match against lower rated players far too quickly, which was a matchmaking change that was meant for RBGs where it makes more sense.
Edited by Watlok on 8/18/2011 7:03 PM PDT
1 Human Warrior
What's the point of the lock portal if you have to be in LoS of it... lmao all it does is become a crappy blink then.
85 Orc Hunter

Hello, I hope you actually do get to read the main threads posted here and are able to give us Hunters so input on what it is that is going on with the class as many of us are very frustrated and are quitting over Blizzards lack of care/attention to the class and all the problems we have. Due to not being able to post over 5000 characters I will link you the threads which are on topic, to the point and your input response would be appreciated:

(Gladiator Hunter Wondering)
#1 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973017585

(Playing a Hunter is not fun)
#2 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2913171659

(The PvP Hunter community deserves to know)
#3 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973393205

(Blizzards Total Disregard for PvP)
#4 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973024019

I know it will be a long read but it would be very much appreciated if you did give us some insight on these problems.

Thank you.
85 Undead Priest
08/18/2011 06:59 PMPosted by Venndetta
Shaman - This class is fine

Warrior - This class is fine

Warlock - This class is fine

Hunters - This class is fine

What you smokin? Cause I want some if it makes me as oblivious to everything as it has made you.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Besides, I don't want this thread to be dictated by class balance.

But this is whats wrong with PVP. Look at your tournament teams. How this doesn't bother you guys is beyond me.
85 Undead Warlock
08/18/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Zarhym
Any chances of bringing back old AV? Seems like most PVPers support this idea.

I even ranted to Tom Chilton and Greg Street about this recently. For all the reasons it was wrong, I still loved losing all track of time while involved in an endless -- quite literally -- battle for AV. I loved doing constant suicide runs from SF graveyard on my gnome 'lock just to try and interrupt the Horde summons.

We haven't stopped talking about it. Part of the problem is Battlegrounds are incredibly scripted, to the point they're actually worked on quite a bit by our encounter design team. We need to keep working on new ways of developing Battlegrounds to improve their design.

But, to your point, it's doubtful AV 1.0 will be resurrected, and there's only so much tweaking we can do to try and improve the current one -- we'd be working on very old framework with AV. At this point, it'd probably be easier and produce better results if we started from scratch.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973008845?page=1

/beg /beg /beg /beg /beg

26 pages + 7 in the new thread and NO blue
85 Goblin Shaman
Are there any plans to up the guild reputation gains from people who solely battleground (at 85)

Ive been around since vanilla, Had my fair share of raiding, questing etc so im not really interested in doing more of it.

I only really log on now to do some rated battlegrounds with guild or just normal battlegrounds on my alts. It is kind of frustrating to know however, that even though i might spend more time in the game doing bg's then most of my other guild members, my rep gain for guild is no where near theirs.

Also if we are going to throw pvp'ers a bone, is there any chance we could see Tol Barad (or future pvp zone bosses) only require say minimum hit rating so the pvp'ers who actually win for their respective faction can particiapte in the raid and not feel like they are wasting a slot if they do not have the PVE gear (like my alts :P)

90 Undead Death Knight
Popping in to say this.
I've gotten gladiator before if that makes my opinion worth anything.

Games are over too fast, Damage feels too high, CC has to be chained with more CC and survival cooldowns have to be strung together to be worth anything.
I dont feel like you guys delivered on the whole "Slower more skill based arena fights" If anything it feels like people are dying faster then ever.

Rated battlegrounds are fun, but a hassle to get together, but that's not the rated battlegrounds fault.
I think the current maps are boring and could use simple tileset swaps to different seasons or races.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. As a pvper I really appreciate what you're doing here and hope this feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears when everything's all said and done.
85 Goblin Shaman
Okay, besides the obvious nerf this, nerf that.

The main issue from many PvPers is that we seems to be treated like a a mini game in the grand scale of PvE encounters. For instance, take a look at the gladiator mount from last season. The design was a recolor with a little armor on it. While at the same patch, you introduced amazing looking PvE mounts from dailies and moreso off of encounters in Firelands.

Down to actual PvP play. The game is no longer like the design of the bucket emptying and filling slowly. It is full of burst healing and burst damage. With the way things have looked in the current season, it seems like you have scrapped this idea completely and are just letting the season progress without giving the community any insight to what may change. Also that MMR fix was good, but you didn't give the community any warning about it going through or an explanation of how it works. It seems people just figured it out with experimenting.

I'm glad that you have acknowledged that we feel neglected because that much is true. Blue posters only seem to post in the general section and all arena/bg posts there get deleted to just redirected. What we really want, is more contact with the developers. There are plenty of good ideas that get thrown around but they get shoved to page 2 and get forgotten about in a hurry. Just poke in these sections, let us know that you do read them and listen.
85 Undead Priest
Change the placement of thrall, he's in the middle of the BUSIEST part of orgrimmar and its completely unrealistic to kill at most times of the day. However, the alliance king is in a very easy place ( quietest part of the city) so once again horde are easily favored. Very, very bad move to have thrall where he is. Move him to beyond the far bank on the east side of org so the sever doesn't lag out and its actually possible for alliance to kill him.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]