Delegation (epic staff quest)

85 Tauren Druid
Hello,

Two of us are on this step in our respective 10-man teams, and I have some questions. As I understand it, the gist of it goes something like this.

We pick up three fragments during the fight, we combine them into a Dull thingie, and then we have 2 minutes to do some trick on the encounter, and if we do it right, we get a Charged thingie.

My questions are:

1. Does the timer on the Dull thingie begin the instant you pick up the third fragment, or do you decide when to start the timer by manually combining them?

2. Is the Charged thingie permanent? For example if I got the Shannox item Charged tonight, could I get the Rhyo one charged tomorrow, and it would be okay? Or do you need to do everything within one play session and then open your portal?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Step 1: pick up 3 fragments, these fragments are permanent quest items, and won't despawn out of your bags due to time.

Step 2: once you get 3, you combine them into a 'dull' focus. you can also keep this for as long as you need without it vanishing.

Step 3: Drop the dull focus during the mechanic (spear throw, smoldering devastation, power up, concussive stomp). Make sure to Drop it in the appropriate place (spear target location, beth's web, under alysrazor, under rhyolith's stomping foot). After you drop the focus, the 'dull' focus disappears from your bags, and it will only last on the ground for 2 minutes, so make sure that you drop it in the right spot at the right time, or else you'll be back to step 1.

Step 4: After the appropriate ability, the 'dull' focus will become 'charged'. Loot it!

Step 5: Once you have all 4 'charged' foci, combine them at the portal north of beth'tilac to open it and complete the boss event!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
That's very clear, thank you.

When you click the dull focus, does it give you a ground target reticule? Or do you have to stand where you want it to drop?

If you wipe the first time on the boss event, the portal is still open for you, right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You need to stand where you want to drop it. You can run back and try the event again if you wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thank you very much Kiona. =)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Step 2: once you get 3, you combine them into a 'dull' focus. you can also keep this for as long as you need without it vanishing.

Last I checked it has a 2 minute duration timer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/09/2011 03:59 PMPosted by Seiryu

Last I checked it has a 2 minute duration timer.

Incorrect. When you drop it it lasts for 2 minutes. You can keep the focus on you forever.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I just wanted to say that YOU MUST ACTUALLY KILL VOLCANUS when you combine the foci, the items are consumed and the portal only stays open while you are with that raid.

if you try to go in to a 10 man with the same raid lockout the portal is gone. The portal is also gone if you try to go back in on 25 man. So make sure that you do not just use this at the end of a raid night and then totally screw yourself over like I did because your raid did not want to stick together to complete it because raid time was over....
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Got my staff. Thanks for the good advice. I can confirm everything Kiona stated is correct. I also suspect what Mal said is correct. Fortunately we one shot the encounter with both our 10-man teams.

Overall a very cool quest.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/09/2011 04:13 PMPosted by Kiona
Incorrect.

You probably should change your response because talking down to people like that doesn't elicit the kind of response you're thinking it does.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/10/2011 05:11 PMPosted by Seiryu
Incorrect.

You probably should change your response because talking down to people like that doesn't elicit the kind of response you're thinking it does.

I'm not sure how else to put it. He asked for information. I provided it. You corrected me with incorrect information. You were incorrect.

Sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
One catch on Beth and the Charged Chitinous Focus (CCF).
I lost my CCF a few times due to a couple of things.
1. Beth has a large hit box.
2. A meteor seems to be able to destroy the CCF.

So go to it and either have the tank move Beth so you don't melee her.
Or turn your back to Beth (sigh) and then you can loot the CCF.

But if you stay there too long the CCF will get destroyed by a meteor that targets you.
Reply Quote
I could only get three of the charged foci this week due to problems with Beth"tilac. Does anyone know if i will have to redo all 4 next week or if the three charged foci will stay in my bags?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
10/19/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Loreaa
I could only get three of the charged foci this week due to problems with Beth"tilac. Does anyone know if i will have to redo all 4 next week or if the three charged foci will stay in my bags?

You get to keep them until you consume them by opening the portal to Volcanus (or intentionally destroy them).
Reply Quote
Thanks so much I was really dreading telling my raid group they had to spend another night watching me run around like an idiot on all four bosses . lol
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Once you have the 4 charged Foci, are they permanent until used at portal?
Are they onetime use? If for any reason the encounter cant be completed, do you then have to recollect and recharge foci again etc?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Funny how the in-game info doesn't tell you about obtaining these other items to make a focus, just to get to the branch of Nordrassil. If you didn't look online, how the heck would you know to do this stuff?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm still half-done with this. I guess I should finish it. Someday.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
so what am I missing I just got questline up to delegation.i cant figure out what bosses I need to collect the three parts from?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
LFM
07/16/2016 04:39 PMPosted by Snarffsnarf
so what am I missing I just got questline up to delegation.i cant figure out what bosses I need to collect the three parts from?

The basics of the quest are described here:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Delegation

The bosses of interest are Beth, Shannox, Rhyolith and Alys.

For a detailed explanation, I would recommend reading through the comments here:

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29234/delegation#comments

Vainio's comment from 2/12/2015 is probably the most detailed and if memory serves, it's what I used when my shaman was working on her staff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]