Got a Request.

85 Goblin Rogue
i need an addon made that im sure shouldnt be too hard. if anyone has some free time i would appreciate it. I need something made that can keep track of a specific item ive looted. And part of that is a calculator that depending on how much ive looted, estimates how much money ive made after ive typed in how much money that individual item is worth. that seems like something alot of people would want. simple to make i imagine and helpful too.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior
Are you talking about auction price or vendor sale price?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
im talking about a price you personally type in. like i type in 6g 15s 10c and it calculates how much money ive made when i get an X amount of items
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
While I'm not familiar with coding addons, it should be rather simple to do. I can understand the hard parts being how it determines what item to check for, and possibly the check to see if it was looted. Other than that, it's just have that item set as x, set the cash value to y, increment x each time the item is looted and solve "x times y" and display the result.

I assume this is the kind of thing you wanted that is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
yea thats pretty much it. if anyone needs some further explination for what i need made, i'll be here. If possible it would be great if the addon i want could keep track of items i already have on my alts. like thats stored in my bank or mailbox.
Edited by Zelreth on 8/10/2011 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I used to use http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/auditor.aspx which pretty much does everything you want. It hasn't been updated for a few months though.

Edit: not sure about tracking individual items as I used it conjunction with 2 other addons that I don't recall the names of, you would need to check wow-ace, one may have been called ItemAuditor and the other was a custom AH tracker.
Edited by Poém on 8/10/2011 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
thats not rly what im looking for at all. i dont want to track the gold im getting from all sources as i get it. i just want it to tell how much money id be making if i sold a bundle of specific items once i type in what those items are worth. i dont need to know the AH or vendor price, i just need to set my own price.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
is there nobody that can make this addon for me out of the kindness of his/her heart?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
woe is me.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
So, if I'm understanding you correctly, let's say you have [Nifty Item]. And you tell the addon that it's worth 1g

The addon would tell you "You have looted 76 [Nifty Items] for a total profit of 76g"

Am I getting this right?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
that is exactly right.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I, personally can't code addons, but I have seen that feature in addons in the past. Should be easy enough. It's still very early in the day, give it a few hours and you'll have more knowledgeable people around.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
to anyone who will make this for me, we can discuss this in greater detail ingame if you want. and i have a few other idea's for addons that i could use.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I'm curious... Why do you want to enter in your own price?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
08/11/2011 12:39 AMPosted by Zelreth
is there nobody that can make this addon for me out of the kindness of his/her heart?

My heart is neither kind, nor good. What's in it for me?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Liar lol. You wouldn't be lurking in these forums if you weren't inclined to help :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Maybe i'm misunderstanding you.

You have 23 of [item] and want to sell it for 5g ea, and you want an addon that will tell you how much you will make?

Why not just use your computers built in calculator?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well it isn't an unreasonable request but I'm somewhat baffled there isn't an addon already doing this. Unfortunately I hate the economy aspect of the game and never run these sort of mods so I really don't know in detail which auction mod has what feature. I can't really recommend anything unless it's specifically stated in the addon description that it can do this.

You can try them out yourself:
http://www.vranx.com/auction.htm
and see if any of them actually have the option you're looking for.
Edited by Sedivy on 8/11/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
try a macro!

/run local i,g,s,c,ic,ms,v,f="Nifty Item",5,0,0 ic=GetItemCount(i,1) f=floor v=ic*((g*10000)+(s*100)+c) ms=format("%dg %ds %dc", f(v/10000), f(mod(v/100, 100)), f(mod(v, 100))) print(format("I have [%s]x %d which is worth %s",i,ic,ms))

just replace the "Nifty Item" with the items name, and the next 3 digits with the items value.

so like if I wanted to check for Elementium Ore and I say its worth 5g, 99s, and 99c. I set that macro to look like this.

/run local i,g,s,c,ic,ms,v,f="Elementium Ore",5,99,99 ic=GetItemCount(i,1) f=floor v=ic*((g*10000)+(s*100)+c) ms=format("%dg %ds %dc", f(v/10000), f(mod(v/100, 100)), f(mod(v, 100))) print(format("I have [%s]x %d which is worth %s",i,ic,ms))

and it outputs

"I have [Elementium Ore]x 10 which is worth 59g 99s 90c
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]