Got a Request.

85 Goblin Rogue
id rather just have an addon so i dont have to keep typing that in.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Maybe i'm misunderstanding you.

You have 23 of [item] and want to sell it for 5g ea, and you want an addon that will tell you how much you will make?

Why not just use your computers built in calculator?

because its more about convenience and morale. im gonna be doing alot of farming and i want this to make it more tolerable. to be happy to know ive made 9k in an hour without having to open a calculator.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
well thats what was nice about the macro till you get your hands on an addon... you put that in a macro, and then just keybind it or have it somewhere to easily click :P

then its like the information prints out when you want it. My macro is pretty much the entire addon except you would need to create a button or frame to display the information, and you would need a way to input what you want to find, and what its worth :)
Edited by Xubera on 8/11/2011 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
well thats what was nice about the macro till you get your hands on an addon...

Can someone please just make this addon for me >.>
Edited by Zelreth on 8/11/2011 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I'm still curious why you don't want the vendor or auction prices and want to enter in your own price manually for each item. You haven't answered this question about why you need to enter in your own price.

Because there are several farming addons that keep track of vendor price, iirc. It's readily available to addons in the client.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Because im farming items that dont have a vender price and arent ment to be put on the AH.
Edited by Zelreth on 8/12/2011 7:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
bump
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
i still need that addon made =/ can someone plz help me.
Reply Quote
How would you want the information input/displayed? The loot recording bit should be easy to make, but I'm still new to GUIs.
Reply Quote
08/11/2011 10:37 PMPosted by Zelreth
Because im farming items that dont have a vender price and arent ment to be put on the AH.

Ohhh... Heavy Junkbox farmer?
Choonster, I'm sure sending the information to the chatbox would be sufficient.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
no, id like it if it wasent shown only in chat, but idk how i want the info displayed. was hoping someone would decide themself.
Reply Quote
Well I've just gone and designed an AddOn that outputs to chat. If you can show me some sort of rough concept art for a GUI, I'll try and make one.

You can find the AddOn here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20213-LootPrice.html
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/lootprice/

Once it's been approved by Curse, you'll also be able to find it here:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/lootcount.aspx
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
ty so much. ive been trying to get a hold of you before choonster for making that other addon for me but i can never find you online.
Reply Quote
I've just uploaded v1.1 with the additions you asked for:
  • Added the /lootpriceitemid (alias /lpitemid) command to convert an item link or name to an itemId.
  • /lp set now takes the desired price in the format XgYsZc (no spaces).
  • Added a price message when you loot an item in the DB. This is off by default, but can be enabled with the /lp spam command.
  • The format in which the AddOn saves data has changed slightly. This means it won't recognise your existing data until you make the following modifications:
    • Log out or exit WoW if you haven't already.
    • Open your WoW\WTF\<Account Name>\SavedVariables\ folder.
    • Look for LootPrice.lua and open it in a text editor (one with syntax highlighting is preferred, but any will work).
    • For each itemId, change ["####"] (where #### is the itemId) to [####] and save the changes.
  • Reply Quote
    10 Undead Warrior
    You're way too nice Choonster :D
    Reply Quote
    08/21/2011 02:59 AMPosted by Deleted
    You're way too nice Choonster :D
    lol, I just enjoy making AddOns.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]