What Useless Item

90 Night Elf Hunter
This is a thread that someone started in general, and I thought it might be fun to bring it to our own little part of the forums!

So, tell us,

What useless item do you carry in your bags at all times and why?

Mine is a bit of a long story, but worth the read to find out WHY I carry what I do!

I was on the game until 3am CST one weeknight over a year ago, a friend was going to mail me an item he crafted for me to pick up in game next day. However, at 3:10am (central time) when he mailed it, my character was not found. He sent me a real e-mail and sent a text message to my cell phone to let me know.

Next day, when I got his messages, I logged in to check armory and NONE of my toons were found! I contacted support immediately and was informed that my account had been frozen for suspicious activity. We sent a few e-mails back and forth and I finally got a message with "good news!" They could restore my main toon (Shaelfae) for me, along with the cloth and runestone, bullets (or whatever) and a tearstained hanky!!

I checked armory an hour later and sure enough, there she was...wearing a few cloth items. Shaelfae is also my main PvPer and was in full (whatever tier) at that time gladiator armor, a full bank vault of herbs and potions and flasks and not sure how much gold.

I e-mailed back and said this was not acceptable, that they knew down to within a 10-minute timeframe when my account got hacked and I KNOW about servers, backups and restores, having worked in engineering development for a worldwide computer manufacturer for many years. I said I KNOW they can restore my toons to before the 3am CST when I logged off, even if it meant going back 24 hours to the last backup and I lost a few gold or whatever....I expected ALL of my toons restored in ALL of their glory with ALL of their bank vaults intact as well.
And then I asked them, "How do you expect me to beat Oneblood in Wintergrasp?! Wave a tearstained hanky in his face?!"

Less than half an hour later I checked armory...Shaelfae was fully restored with all her gear...Keaper was good....Draendolyn...all of my toons were back in all of their glory!!

I logged into the game that night...Shaelfae had mail from a GM...what was in the mail...they sent me the Tear Stained Handkerchief that whoever hacked me had left on my toon !!

I carry it in my bag and still need to create a macro for waving it in someone face while begging for mercy....LOL

and I purchased an authenticator!
Edited by Shaelfae on 8/12/2011 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Props on the story i lol'ed a bit, i carry around
7th Place Fishing Trophy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Props on the story i lol'ed a bit, i carry around
7th Place Fishing Trophy

Well hey, at least you got a trophy!!

I love the description for the handkerchief :
"The owner of this item could have probably used a hug"

What a sense of humour someone had to leave that on the toon, and for the GM to mail it to me in-game!
Even though I was thoroughly pissed that my account got hacked due to my own stupidity and not having an authenticator at the time.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
oh come on people....play along!!

Surely you have ONE useless item that you carry for some important reason?!?!
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Warrior
All of my useless items are in my bank.

My rogue, on the other hand, carries around a set of thieves' tools and the Certificate of Thievery, and always will.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I still have the letters Unum gave my hunter from his s6/s7 glad drakes
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I still have the happy fun rock that Melchom threw at me the last time I got to talk to him
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I still have the letter I got from Galantis last year when I spent mother's day in the hospital and he sent me a 100g and a happy mothers day. Still means a lot to me, so I can never delete it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
warmace of menethil from arthas. waited years to kill him from wc3. yeah, i can hold a grudge.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Haunted Memento

Enjoy my dark ghastly companion
Edited by Darthviper on 8/16/2011 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I still carry around my Hydrocane. Got it while leveling in vanilla WoW back when you only could hold your breath for 1 min. When they raised the amount of breathing time I still kept it as a memento of how things used to be back when I started playing the game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Piccolo of Flaming Fire. Not entirely useless however, can still troll people with it. =3
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Rogue
Haute Club Membership Card

Got it as a Birthday present from a good friend :3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My original pally, Helsbane, still has Nolkai's band somewhere in her bags. It was just something I found touching, so I held onto it. What can I say, I'm sentimental. I still have the ticket stub from the first movie my wife and I went to while dating.....
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I still carry around my Hydrocane. Got it while leveling in vanilla WoW back when you only could hold your breath for 1 min. When they raised the amount of breathing time I still kept it as a memento of how things used to be back when I started playing the game.

Yep I still have it on my mage for the same reason. The good old days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Skull of Impending Doom heres a fun item i carry around for when i have long walks back to a boss in a raid, and its use doesnt drop flags in bg's last time i checked
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]