Bring Oceanic Servers to Australia

90 Blood Elf Mage
Agreed. C'mon Blizz give us some Australian servers!!
1 Undead Monk
Agreed. C'mon Blizz give us some Australian servers!!

Let's cap the thread so they eventually have to look at it!

WTB Australian servers too!

/signed
90 Human Warlock
Someone call up bill gates or some rich dude that lives in australia to pay on behalf of all of us plox or i can get my treadmill out and hook it up to my gameboy and run the server blades from that as long as everyone gives me $1 a month that's a good investment to my cause
90 Blood Elf Monk
Agreed.. So many other games are upgrading to oceanic hosts, why hasn't the biggest MMO done it yet? US hosting with Australia's clock..
Would love to experience under 200 MS, as everyone else seems to consider this 'unplayable'. But we've been dealing with it this entire time.
90 Undead Rogue
Is there an option that someone could host at least 1 to 3? maybe someone should actually email blizz about this, cause damn i would pay the extra quid.
90 Draenei Shaman
Would be nice to get Aussie servers, but it's not going to happen.
90 Night Elf Druid
I think Aussie servers would be able to work well, but with the upcoming virtual servers, it is not in blizzards interest to split thier servers up now.

A local server will not only serve the Australians but also the eastern block. So maybe they should put one in china, or even sing.......
What annoys me is not that we don't have Aussie server's, but that there hasn't been a blue post on the issue for a very long time.

The last we heard was when someone asked at Blizzcon 3? or 4? years ago at a panel and all they replied was that they value their player-base around the world.

I honestly don't mind Blizzard if it's not feasible, I really don't, as I enjoy playing with a lot of US people, it's a unique experience that honestly isn't even possible with a lot of games that don't have as refined combat as WoW (whoever came up with the GCD is a genius). But please just show even just a little bit of transparency on the issue?

Even just appease us a little bit by saying you know playing with 300 ping makes it harder than 100 and you love us for doing so? That's all I've really ever wanted, for it to be acknowledged, and made known, that we're playing a harder game than others.

ps. I write this as I'm getting <5% wipes on gold proving grounds at 400 ping /sadpanda
Edited by Hotndot on 7/16/2013 4:23 AM PDT
People that keep complaining about Blizzard not doing this.

REMEMBER They actually DID try when the game was much younger to do this.

It was Telstra being the greedy bastards they are they were going to charge them 900% the costs of what they pay in America to host their servers. Meaning as a business it was in no way cost-effective to pay such a large amount of money to cater to Sub-5% of their gaming population.

It is not Blizzard being factitious, it is quite simply just business, and Telstra and their whorish money-grubbing is what ruined it for us.
17 Undead Rogue
If putting servers in oceanic / australia is too expensive and troublesome, just make Asia servers, preferably in Singapore just like you did in SC2 and D3, and other good online games such as PoE etc.
90 Human Warlock
People that keep complaining about Blizzard not doing this.

REMEMBER They actually DID try when the game was much younger to do this.

It was Telstra being the greedy bastards they are they were going to charge them 900% the costs of what they pay in America to host their servers. Meaning as a business it was in no way cost-effective to pay such a large amount of money to cater to Sub-5% of their gaming population.

It is not Blizzard being factitious, it is quite simply just business, and Telstra and their whorish money-grubbing is what ruined it for us.

I wish people didnt keep repeating this myth. even if it had a shred of fact, which it didnt, that was in BETA.

Eight years ago.

Aziorious: who hosted the SWTOR Aussie servers?

TELSTRA.
Edited by Mirisanelle on 7/17/2013 6:32 PM PDT
13 Worgen Warlock
who hosted the SWTOR Aussie servers?

TELSTRA.

No.
85 Human Priest
Agree. Latency is a big issue when playing wow, especially in PvP. But I don't think Blizz will ever move their servers to Aussie.
90 Undead Mage
So say we had Aus servers, PVP'ing with US people the packets still have to travel to the other side of the globe and back. Would there really be any advantage?
I would guess there are other bigger factors that effect things more so than physical location. I'm just spitballing here I have no real facts to support this.
Sounds like a good idea to me, but generally in big game like this Australia rarely gets noticed. it's a shame, I wish we could experience what the rest of the world does in terms of internet. I pity New Zealand cause they got it a lot worse than us and they complain when they're connected to our servers on games like CoD or Gears.
Edited by Zillith on 7/24/2013 3:02 AM PDT
86 Gnome Death Knight
peaple have been trying to get servers in aus etc since Wow came out.and now if u look at Pop of most oceanic servers now they sit in med with frostmoure hitting high over the weekend, so say we got server over this way the lat would be great but would that bring the players back? they wouldnt beabile to Xrealm with the US servers. imagine the queues ho9w long would they be?
90 Gnome Warrior
They tried, talks basically broke down cause aussies were trying to rip them off iirc. You'd have better luck moving the servers to NZ, and we all know what the chance of that is.
90 Human Warlock
They tried, talks basically broke down cause aussies were trying to rip them off iirc. You'd have better luck moving the servers to NZ, and we all know what the chance of that is.

Never happened. Dont know why this myth keeps getting perpetuated.
90 Night Elf Monk
What actually happened? Does anyone actually know the reason there are no Aussie servers?

If it's the money, why hasn't Blizzard just told us? What's the big deal?

Has Blizzard said anything on this matter at all?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]