Bring Oceanic Servers to Australia

89 Dwarf Shaman
It's kinda depressing really, the benefits of hosting a server here in Australia would not just be beneficial to us but to other countries that are closer to us that would get better ping/latency ect.
90 Orc Mage
OP, you are a failure, in fact, most of the thread is failure.

Data Centre costs in Aus > Data Centre costs in USA.

There is your answer. If you can get hosting on the scale and quality required for the same price in Aus as in the USA then Blizzard would have done it. Stop acting the victim. Claiming you arent getting service for your $15 per month is just stupid, the profitability model for WoW requires hosting in the USA with its prices, if you want Aus servers then prepare to pay more for your subscription, but I figure that will elicit even more tears.
89 Dwarf Shaman
Sicks, your post is full of fail considering a data centre offerd free service to blizzard and more than most of us aussie subscribers would be willing to pay more just to get a decent service other than what we're getting, now shh...
85 Worgen Rogue
i certainly would pay more money for a better latency and im sure i wont be the only one that would too. Like everyone here say we are way to insignificant to make an impact for bliz to care about what we think or even to care why. They prob are scared to see the real talent of oceanic players but hey i gues we just have to deal with it or do something about it that every1 would support to make a huge impact for bliz to finaly recognise that we do contribute to paying their bills but we just have to make em realise that.
90 Orc Mage
10/27/2011 11:46 PMPosted by Heyokah
Sicks, your post is full of fail considering a data centre offerd free service to blizzard and more than most of us aussie subscribers would be willing to pay more just to get a decent service other than what we're getting, now shh...
Provide factual details of your claims or you are just talking bollocks on the data centre, by details I refer to a formal submission that was made for the provision of the service. A real one, not some expression of interest in providing the infrastructure without details of it's management, funding or maintenance. More substance also than a citation in a video gaming article too.

As far as your claim about the playerbase I want once again to see evidence, not your personal wishes extrapolated to incorporate every oceania based player. I could extrapolate any number of wild claims to being shared by all of the oceanic community with some level of accuracy, still doesnt add factuality to them.

Provide something more than spurious claims.

Regarding the service, you are getting a great service for the price, actually sit back and think about everything Blizzard provides in the WoW service for the money, think about it rationally, like you had to provide it and were charging for it. Instead of focussing on the handful of things you feel you arent receiving as a customer.
Edited by Sickz on 10/28/2011 4:40 AM PDT
Completely agree, id be willing to pay $50 a month for an aussie server in australia, its insane how high the latency can get at times.. US pvpers play on <75ms while we have to struggle on 400+?? even with tunnels at 200+ the games just not really that fair on aussies... Please bring a server over itd be so appreciated by the entire oceanic community.
90 Tauren Paladin
Seriously guys why would blizzard bother bringing servers to Australia when half the country doesn't have the infrastructure to support them.

Yes, there ARE Oceanic servers, but they’re hosted in LA. Which is basically Blizzard hanging a big mosquito lamp and saying “HEY! AUSSIES! YOU SHOULD ALL HANG OUT HERE SO IT’S LESS CONFUSING FOR EVERYONE!”.

This about sums it up.
96 Undead Mage
10/28/2011 02:29 PMPosted by Abînadi
Seriously guys why would blizzard bother bringing servers to Australia when half the country doesn't have the infrastructure to support them.

Yes it does. The issue financial not technical.
90 Tauren Paladin
10/29/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Bláze

Yes it does. The issue financial not technical.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All I can say is YES PLEASE
96 Undead Mage
10/29/2011 06:24 PMPosted by Abînadi
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Weak response.

Blizzard have said it themselves, and I work in IT so I know you're wrong anyway.

Have a nice day.
90 Tauren Paladin
Blizzard have said it themselves, and I work in IT so I know you're wrong anyway.

People have already said in this thread that they would be willing to pay more for the service if the servers were located here.
85 Human Mage
I always look at forums like this.. I dont think ive ever seen one blizzard post in these threads..
I feel like we are getting pretty ignored..

Say something Blizz..
Any Plans for future servers in Aus? or Even South East Aisa?

I'd love to see a 25ms when playing..
Not a 250ms.. thats 10x slower (regarding pvp)
We are always at the disadvantage..

Blizzard earns Alot of money even after expenses..
They even charge for transfers and all these other services which actually arent that hard to do..

In my opinion i think it would be great to build up servers in the Oceanic zone..
Just keep it seperate from the US servers..
Then in the blizzcon we can have a wider contestant range..

Also by creating servers in the Oceanic you can bankrupt all these 3rd party services considering they are making money off all your hard work by just tunneling
Edited by Friêza on 11/3/2011 7:44 AM PDT
85 Tauren Warrior
so i had a discussion with an in game GM....tldr he pretty much said move to america or gtfo.

edit: i would litterally rebuy all the games and start a new toon if they gave us our own region (like europe)
Edited by Taumn on 11/5/2011 6:28 AM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
i have only played wow for 2 months and what gets me is why haven't they made an Aussie server yet, i mean from what i can see many people want it. I too wouldn't mind paying a few extra dollars a month to be able to access it but i guess they have no intentions.

one day maybe, one day....
85 Undead Warrior
I saw people mentioned China and other asian countires.

As far as I know, mainland China has a wow sever, and Taiwan has one too, so does Korea.

So there are 3 severs in asian already, but sadly none of them is for English speakers.

I don't know why Blizzard doesn't provide an Australian sever and to be honestly I don't care.

If someday any other companies comes with a nice MMORPG and offers a local sever for Asutralia, farewell Blizzard.
100 Night Elf Hunter
OP, you are a failure, in fact, most of the thread is failure.

Data Centre costs in Aus > Data Centre costs in USA.

There is your answer. If you can get hosting on the scale and quality required for the same price in Aus as in the USA then Blizzard would have done it. Stop acting the victim. Claiming you arent getting service for your $15 per month is just stupid, the profitability model for WoW requires hosting in the USA with its prices, if you want Aus servers then prepare to pay more for your subscription, but I figure that will elicit even more tears.

Well lets face it, there had to be one didn't there. Speaking of failures, Sickz, if you took the time to actually read the entire thread you would see that paying extra, while not ideal or necessarily fair, would be an expectation and would be embraced by quite a few people who have posted here. No this is not the entire Oceanic based gaming population.

I don't think anyone is acting a victim as you put it however with your unfounded attacks you are creating a victim, one that I am willing to support 100%.

Yes we are getting a service for our $15 per month, the point is we are not getting the same service as other countries paying the same fees. Why should we not be entitled to the same service for the same fee??

And I have one more question for you, based on your request for factual information, please post a ratified or sanctioned statement from Blizzard stating that the profitability model requires US based server hosting because that is the most absurd load of drival that I have ever heard.

Bring on the Oceanic based servers.
Edited by Mendime on 11/8/2011 8:07 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
i'd be happy if they just chucked some aussie realms on the same server hosting they're doing sc2 on in singapore
30 Undead Warrior
Supporting.

Maybe we'll get them someday, but not anytime soon or in years-worth.
Edited by Béwbs on 11/7/2013 12:06 PM PST
85 Tauren Warrior
Lol

Yer umm....

Good luck with that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]