Feral Interrupt Suggestions

85 Night Elf Druid
Current a Feral Druid Interrupt is extremely punishing and buggy. As such I suggest a change to our Interrupt talent and our PVP Glove Bonus.

Brutal Impact
Rank 2/2
Increases the stun duration of your Bash and Pounce abilities by 1 sec, decreases the cooldown of Bash by 10 sec, decreases the cooldown of Skull Bash by 50 sec, reduces the energy and rage cost of Skull Bash by 10, and causes victims of your Skull Bash ability to have 10% increased mana cost for their spells for 10 sec.

In addition, successfully interrupting a spell with Skull Bash reduces the energy cost of all your Cat Form abilities by 50%. Lasts 4 sec.

The main change to this talent being the reduction in cost, to bring it in line with other classes' interrupt abilities. The secondary change, for the 4 second Berserk phase is to make it to where there is a slight bonus to offset its penalty.

This ability also needs to be changed in its code somehow so that its inherent charge ability does not hinder its use. For instance, in PVP, while rooted on top of an enemy casting target, we cannot interrupt them, because we are rooted. In PVE, the charge time creates travel time that is roughly ~1 second which means that our interrupt is one of those that can actually miss, even when used in the correct time window.

Feral PVP Glove Bonus:

Option A) Increases the range of your Skull Bash ability by 5 yards.

Option B) Increases the range of your Cyclone spell by 5 yards.
Edited by Konungr on 8/16/2011 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
liked, but itll never happen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Yeah feral druids aren't overpowered enough, buff them more please.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 07:01 PMPosted by Annihilatism

This is a fix for how !@#$ty our interrupt is in PVE, not a buff. The 4 sec berserk buff type bonus is just something i could see being add as a similar addition, so that, like warriors and their RI, we would gain a benefit from using our "raid utility" instead of such a steep detriment.
Edited by Konungr on 8/16/2011 7:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
d'oh
Edited by Mnevis on 8/16/2011 7:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Mnevis
You do realize that would make Skull Bashing on cd highest priority move in a pve cat's rotation?

Reading comprehension not your strong suit is it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Oh yeah I missed the bit about "successfully interrupting".

Still, it'd be silly overpowered.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
08/16/2011 07:13 PMPosted by Konungr

This is a fix for how !@#$ty our interrupt is in PVE, not a buff. The 4 sec berserk buff type bonus is just something i could see being add as a similar addition, so that, like warriors and their RI, we would gain a benefit from using our "raid utility" instead of such a steep detriment.

Anything that improves a class/spec is a buff.... that's the definition of a buff :P
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Mnevis
Still, it'd be silly overpowered.

Make it a 25% reduction in energy cost. Still not as powerful as a 5% increase to all damage for 30 secs, but a small boost.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 07:50 PMPosted by Vaeleon
Anything that improves a class/spec is a buff.... that's the definition of a buff :P

If you read my post correctly, the main thin I am pushing for is a transition of our Glove Bonus to a talent that we already have so that we aren't so horribly penalized in PVE. The Additional buff is just a suggestion to make it a move incentive to use.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/16/2011 07:54 PMPosted by Konungr
If you read my post correctly, the main thin I am pushing for is a transition of our Glove Bonus to a talent that we already have so that we aren't so horribly penalized in PVE. The Additional buff is just a suggestion to make it a move incentive to use.

It's weird that Vaeleon is correct in saying it's a buff because it... well buffs us... and you know this but just can't seem to say...... "yes you're right?".

Anyway this OP must be a troll post so it was reported as such.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Or how about we just remove the Energy/Rage/Mana costs from all interrupts?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 08:14 PMPosted by Shíftý
Anyway this OP must be a troll post so it was reported as such.

How is this suggestion a troll post? Your post offers nothing to the topic at hand, yet you have the audacity to call mine a trolling post?

08/16/2011 08:37 PMPosted by Minotaurum
Or how about we just remove the Energy/Rage/Mana costs from all interrupts?

That would be nice, but it still doesn't solve the travel time glitchy problem.
Edited by Konungr on 8/16/2011 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Lately I've been noticing that more and more people are on my ignore.... people that I don't remember putting on ignore. I wonder whose alts/mains they are.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/16/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Sliphe
Lately I've been noticing that more and more people are on my ignore.... people that I don't remember putting on ignore. I wonder whose alts/mains they are.

I love that feature, having it ignore an entire account instead of just a level 1 alt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm pretty sure the interrupt portion of skull bash doesn't actually have a travel time, the same way that the root and stun effects on charge/feral charge are applied when you use the ability, not when you reach the target.

Besides, if you are actually having to move to your target when you use skullbash, that means you weren't in melee range to begin with. Melee short cooldown interrupts are melee range except for skullbash, so if you are actually charging the target everyone else would just be out of range. Its an advantage, not a disadvantage. So even if the interrupt has a travel time, its still better in that you can still actually use it when outside of melee range. Enhancement is the exception here, but the range exceeds all other melee.

I'm sure you -feel- like feral charge has a delay on the interrupt, but I've heard the same of basically every interrupt in the game. So I'm skeptical. It'd be hard to tell with such a short travel distance, but you can probably see if the skull bash debuff gets applied on use or on arrival.

As for the energy cost/mini berserk, not every interrupt needs to be a dps boost or even dps neutral. Its ok for certain classes to be better or worse at certain things, especially when skull bash already has some other advantages over other melee interrupts in the mana cost increase effect and the range. Yes, I know you generally don't care about those things when attacking a raid boss, but they are there nonetheless.

Not being able to skull bash in melee range while rooted should be fixed, though.
Edited by Asthas on 8/16/2011 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/16/2011 11:21 PMPosted by Asthas
I'm sure you -feel- like feral charge has a delay on the interrupt, but I've heard the same of basically every interrupt in the game. So I'm skeptical. It'd be hard to tell with such a short travel distance, but you can probably see if the skull bash debuff gets applied on use or on arrival.

It does have a travel time. As tested time and time again in interrupt critical fights where you think you've interrupted only for the ability to go off anyway... I've had abilities go off despite having interrupted x spell on my scrolling battle text.

The debuff itself is seperate to the interrupt as that can actually miss... the interrupt can't.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I don't understand why it shouldn't have a travel time unless its casuing lag when you are already in melee range. I mean if you aren't in melee range then hey, you would have had to run up into melee range to interrupt if you were any other melee class. If the travel time is making you miss the interrupt having to actually run into melee would've made you miss it as well.

Its cost is a bit worse than other melee interrupts sure but it does have a slight charge on it which is really useful. If they made all the interrupts the exact same itd be a bit boring as well.

With that being said I do feel like it does need a buff in PvE. I also feel the rogue interrupt needs a buff in PvE. Basically I feel like all of the interrupts should be free or give a damage increase. ATM rogue's and feral druid's are the ones that don't.

For ferals I'd be cool with you having a 70% energy reduction to your next attack after a successful interrupt. It should still cost 25 energy though to balance it.

For rogues I think they should be a little different. Maybe regen the energy cost over 5 seconds on a successful interrupt. They can take out the improved kick talent and put this in since no ones taking improved kick atm.

I think the rest of the interrupts either give some sort of damage buff (arms and arcane) or are free (warlocks, ret paladins, fury warriors, frost DKs) except maybe some of the DK specs. I don't know what would be a cool fix for them though.

With this being said I probably totally ignore the pvp implications of these changes. I don't know how OP this stuff would be in a pvp situation.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]