Patch 4.3 Previews & PTR Patch Notes - 10/18

72 Draenei Priest
Well as me and a friend have said, this new transmogrification feature is just pointless. If we have to have the armour in the first place, then we bother?

I'll admit I'm an RPer so I see things differently, but if we already have the gear, then why bother making the rest of our equipment look like it? Just slap it on and enjoy. I suppose I can see some appeal for regular players/raiders, but again, why bother? *Shrugs*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I see so many people yelling for the ptr in the thread and yet none of them seem to have read.

08/17/2011 04:21 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’ll have lots more details on the raid, dungeons, and other content coming in patch 4.3 in the months ahead

This right here says it all, they will continue to tease us with things that will be in the patch but the patch itself will not be going on the ptr for several more months atleast till around blizzcon. Going by how 4.1 and 4.2 went on the ptr it will take another 2 months atleast to test everything before it goes live. Do not expect this patch to even be remotely ready for the ptr till around blizzcon in October and then live in maybe December.
Reply Quote
51 Worgen Warrior
Its up atm
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have to say...

Nyhm said it best

http://www.youtube.com/user/phrog801?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/UVknVfIW-z0

its the end of the world............of warcraft
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
IT IS UP!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Death to Deathwing: Alongside all this comes a whole lot of new content. The developers revealed that patch 4.3 will feature three new 5-player dungeons, setting the stage for the ultimate fight in Cataclysm: the final showdown against Deathwing himself. Patch 4.3 will include a whole new tier of raid content culminating in an epic boss encounter unlike anything you’ve yet experienced in World of Warcraft.

Wait a sec, we're not a year in yet and we're already set to kill this...guy...thing?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Say I pug a raid group and some one is a total darp and then we try to kick but the game says we cant kick any more today.

What a fail system time to leave raid
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
4.2.2 is on the PTR, honestly if their going to PR hype this for four monthes before testing, when GW2 comes out, that's it I'm done.

Cata was a flop, everything about it was lazy development.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Anyone else feel really deflated from this news? I mean great... It's new content and I'm happy for that, but... Doesn't it feel like we're fighting Deathwing way too fast? I just don't feel ready yet. I feel that our characters aren't ready for it yet. Does this mean the next expansion is just around the corner? Everything's happening too fast. *starts hyperventilating*
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Druid
Lowangel
85 Human Paladin
Immortal

4.2.2 is on the PTR, honestly if their going to PR hype this for four monthes before testing, when GW2 comes out, that's it I'm done.

Was not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Lazy??? its the biggest expansion made yet; or did you not notice the massive revamp of the old world the the thousands of quests they added, not including the ones for 80-85 just show's that if its not end-level content most people don't care about it and ignore it. Also, they always give us a sneak peek at whats coming months before they even start testing it. Firelands was known about all the way from last years Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 08:56 PMPosted by Breadisfunny
so not even 9 months has passed since cataclysm was released and already we are going to down deathwing? btw cata was released 12/7/10

So you enjoy farming the same raid for months and months like Ice Crown was? Deathwing probably wont be the last boss of Cata, Blizzard has shown they'll add another raid near the end. Just like they did with RS in Wraith and Sunwell for The Burning Crusade before it. Besides there's still several months before testing for 4.3 starts, and with all they are adding (New Raid, 3 new Heroics, +everything else they'll show at Blizzcon) it looks like it'll probably take a while for it to be cleared for release.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/17/2011 05:20 PMPosted by Mournful
ROFL raid finder never thought theyd do it everything server wise will be eliminated now

Which is fine for those of us on realms that really don't pug anyways.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Raid Finder and More: We're also working on a number of other new features, including a Raid Finder -- a tool similar to the Dungeon Finder designed to match players looking for PUG-friendly raids -- and some cool renovations for Azeroth's traveling Darkmoon Faire.

But don't worry -- there's plenty of time to prepare. We’re keeping a close eye on players’ progress through the Rage of the Firelands content, and lots of folks are still busy working on obtaining the Dragonwrath legendary staff, completing the Molten Front dailies, and rallying to take down Ragnaros. We’ll have lots more details on the raid, dungeons, and other content coming in patch 4.3 in the months ahead, so keep an eye on the official World of Warcraft website.

I can see this either working spectacularly or failing miserably... And it'll be a fine line between the two. Like the RDF at the moment, there are people who stack high ilvl items to get in, *cough PvP gear* and for example, a guild is short say a healer or a DPS or whatever and they need a well geared person to do the content, eg firelands and it would be a complete waste of time to the guild if the person who randomly joins is some person wearing full PvP / non-relative to spec gear. I know for a fact if we where short and the replacement turned up in PvP gear I'd kick him... So the question is, how is this going to be combated... I say lower the ilvl of PvP gear below PvE gear, not lowering stats, just ilvl...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Stop saying this is the last patch because it says "setting the stage for the ultimate fight in cataclysm". it doesnt say that he is going to be released in this patch.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
WTB More than 80 slots in void storage.

Regarding this, is it always going to be a permanent 80 slots like the backpack or will there be a chance of it being upgrade-able for more space as the game goes on, etc?

edit: I saw the 80 slot number in an article on wow.com, not sure if that's the official number like they said it was.
Edited by Aileana on 8/17/2011 9:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Lordy lord I hope PUG-Friendly means it's just a tool for Same Realm Peoples who are lazy to use /LookingForGroup.
Reply Quote
I would rather not see the end of Cataclysm already in this patch. In the WOTLK patches with each patch we got one raid and a few 5 mans. Here, we just got 2 old 5 mans and one raid in 2 separate patches. Much of the content advertised in 4.3 makes up for it a bit, but I still don't want to see the end of Cataclysm for awhile, it hasn't even been a year and theres talks of ending it. Hopefully this patch is the stepping stone to weakening Deathwing, and 4.4 will be the conclusion, but with the description of the raid being a fight the likes Azeroth has never seen before, it seems like the end...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]