Transmogrify and Void Storage Requests

(Locked)

100 Dwarf Warrior
08/18/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Lylirra
Could you comment on other soulbound items that are not equippable? For instance, Romantic Picnic Baskets and things of that sort, will they be able to be placed in void storage?

We're still discussing a lot of those details, so I can't really give you a "yes" or a "no" right now.

That said, the main requirement for an item to eligible for Void Storage is that it's soulbound. While Void Storage was primarily designed for gear that you plan to use for Transmogrification, that doesn't mean we won't allow other soulbound items -- even if they can't be equipped -- to be stored in Void Storage vaults, too. Such exceptions seem probable.

It's unlikely that we'll allow profession items, tradeskill items, pets and mounts, or consumables to be placed in Void Storage, though.

So, in order for us to use gear for an appearance tab we HAVE to spend 1000g to put stuff into the void storage so we can use it?

Nope. You don't need to place an item into Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The two systems are completely separate.

We're implementing Void Storage and Transmogrification at the same time because we know that, with Transmogrification, players are likely going to want and/or need more storage space, specifically for the long-term. And that’s the niche Void Storage fills. Just because one system (Void Storage) was designed to complement another (Transmogrification), that doesn't mean the two rely on each other functionally. :)

Sorry for the confusion, though! We’re looking to share more of the rules and restrictions surrounding Transmogrification as soon as possible.

Fantastic, thanks so much for that clarification. I hope to be able to put all my seasonal-type soulbound items that don't necessarily fall into the category of equippable gear into Void Storage. Along with a bunch of tabards/shirts too! :)
100 Tauren Druid
08/18/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Itzmurda
Fantastic, thanks so much for that clarification. I hope to be able to put all my seasonal-type soulbound items that don't necessarily fall into the category of equippable gear into Void Storage. Along with a bunch of tabards/shirts too! :)

Same... I have so much stuff cluttering my bank that I still want to keep. Such as some rewards from old vanilla quests.

I just hope I can put all my archeology stuff in there...

This hopefully is the answer to my dreams of being a pack rat with gear / quest items. Pity I deleted things like that rainbow maker from the felwood quests now.. :(
100 Dwarf Warrior

Same... I have so much stuff cluttering my bank that I still want to keep. Such as some rewards from old vanilla quests.

I just hope I can put all my archeology stuff in there...

This hopefully is the answer to my dreams of being a pack rat with gear / quest items. Pity I deleted things like that rainbow maker from the felwood quests now.. :(

Haha same. I recently vendored my rainbow generator as well and I'm a little sad.

On that note, it would be amazing to see some sort of a system where you could have quest rewards restored from the original quest giver. I'm sure that's quite the task to implement, and it would have to have some sort of buyback feature where you couldn't just keep restoring and vendoring/disenchanting, but boy I'd love to go back and double check a lot of the things that I would have liked to save from quests but ultimately didn't have room for.
Edited by Itzmurda on 8/18/2011 3:29 PM PDT
85 Draenei Hunter
08/17/2011 08:09 PMPosted by Gumby
An Item ID is a .txt document with 5 bytes-worth of text inside of it. I don't see how this constitutes as a storage issue.

It doesn't. That .txt document becomes far more complex when you add variables, such as gems and enchants, to it.
100 Human Priest
I for one cannot wait to free up 80 bank slots. I have every tier set plus misc weapons.
60 Night Elf Hunter
You don't need to place an item into Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification.

On that note.
In the screenshot, it was costing 100g per withdraw / deposit per item, which seems fairly steep, was that just an example or is that the cost we can expect when its released?

80-150 slots.
Would cost 8k-15k to simply fill the bank...
90 Night Elf Death Knight
LOL I love how many people erupt with arguments about BLIZZARD's system and how it works. You don't know anything about it unless you work for them. If a mod tells you there is a limitation, there probably IS.

This community is just one big seething cauldron of angst and hate. Unreal.
100 Worgen Hunter
Could you comment on other soulbound items that are not equippable? For instance, Romantic Picnic Baskets and things of that sort, will they be able to be placed in void storage?

We're still discussing a lot of those details, so I can't really give you a "yes" or a "no" right now.

That said, the main requirement for an item to eligible for Void Storage is that it's soulbound. While Void Storage was primarily designed for gear that you plan to use for Transmogrification, that doesn't mean we won't allow other soulbound items -- even if they can't be equipped -- to be stored in Void Storage vaults, too. Such exceptions seem probable.

It's unlikely that we'll allow profession items, tradeskill items, pets and mounts, or consumables to be placed in Void Storage, though.

My primary question about what can be put in there is regarding odd quest relics that I've collected. Like, my copy of Words of the High Chief, or Crystal Pylon User's Manual, or even more sentimental, my Ancient Petrified Leaf. Will things like these be able to be stashed in the Void?
85 Night Elf Druid
What i want to know is will what 'Mogging was rumored to be (due to the actual meaning of the word) ever be implemented in game? As in, having an NPC where you can take items and have them tradeskill processed to their mats? I see it primarily used to disenchant old/unusable soulbound items, but it could also be used for milling, prospecting, etc.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Dont know if anyone has brought this up but the only old set of armor i kept was tier 7 so am I only able to use tier 7 as a template?
100 Dwarf Warrior
08/18/2011 03:39 PMPosted by Kiingah
You don't need to place an item into Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification.

On that note.
In the screenshot, it was costing 100g per withdraw / deposit per item, which seems fairly steep, was that just an example or is that the cost we can expect when its released?

80-150 slots.
Would cost 8k-15k to simply fill the bank...

According to the preview, it will be 80 slots. Also, according to previous blue posts, the gold cost is not finalized but it seems like that is what is planned as of current. At first I thought it was steep also, but 9k total to fill 80 slots of long-term storage isn't asking all that much considering I was buying Illusionary Bags for 6k a piece without thinking twice about it... just for an extra 2 slots, lol.
90 Human Death Knight
I am very excited for transmogrification, but I wonder about 'visually incomplete' teir sets and sets, for one reason or another, weren't used.

Since my main is a death knight, I want to go pick up the awesome looking T8 again. While the helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, and pants are available, but a matching skin for the boots (and I think belt too) is not. I personally would like a visually complete set.

Also, you guys made a uber sexy red colored skin of the DK T8. I think parts of the set, like the helmet, are available as non-teir pieces.
You know these skins:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/DarethDarkaxe/deathknight_tier8_male.jpg

So several Blues already mentioned that Blizzard is planning to allow players to pick up old gear sets in one way or another are no longer available to players. So what about models and skins that were never was available to players?
100 Night Elf Warrior
-----
Edited by Everville on 9/4/2012 5:22 PM PDT
6 Human Rogue

I care enough about the principle of it....to never use Void Storage IF this is how it is implemented.

What principles? Over fake items and fake gold? You realize this is a video game right?

Well....unlike a vast majority of people who are online, my principles don't get turned off when I log in.
But to put it simply...I disagree with the system and I won't be using it.
85 Undead Rogue
08/17/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Esandarius
Thirdly, currently you cannot change an item from one armor type to another. However, many items are ambiguous in their armor type from their model. In addition, many classes wore different armor types up until level 40. Please consider tweaking your stance on this issue. For many characters who RP wearing a hood instead of a helmet or wearing mail instead of plate could greatly enhance their playing experience.

From the way im understanding it, you are taking say T12 for example and its being reworked to look like T1. Your T12 retains all its current stats and what have you for level 85 but just givng it a level 60 look. With that being said even if someone say a hunter were to change the way his T12 looks (mail) and change it to something that was leather, it's only changing the look of the item and not the stats. Thus it woudlnt really matter. Your not taking the armor type of the leather item your transmogrifying onto your T12.

I hope that makes sense.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Because of course you know more about data storage than Blizz programmers.
90 Gnome Death Knight
I guess it cool but why should we have to pay to store my own items?!?
6 Gnome Mage
when we copy the looks of a weapon onto another wep, will it copy enchant looks too?

because some weapons look really cool with executioner, but it's not a viable enchant this expansion, nor is there a new one with the same visual to replace it, like there was a new version of mongoose
90 Orc Rogue
Any way we could get a possible exception to weapon enchants? Or are we going to have to just keep weapons in our bank if we want glow effects?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]