Transmogrify and Void Storage Requests

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Paladin
With the talk about item types and whether or not they will be allowed into the Void Storage, one item that has come up is tabards.

Could it not be possible to integrate the tabards into a feature like the new title selection from the Character UI? Or a "keyring" type bag? Seems easy enough; Select a title from a drop down menu; select a tabard from a drop down menu. And now you dont have to worry about eating up 20+ spaces of void storage with tabards.

Thoughts?
85 Undead Priest
So basically, the only thing void storage does that we dont already have is NOTHING. I already have long term storage, my normal bank - I have items in there that pre-date the guild bank. It would be WAY less costly to simply create a one-man guild bank alt (as many already do) than to pay for every deposit or withdrawl. Blizz is simply trying to turn what we already have into a gold pit. If you wanted to make it worth while, you could at the VERY least make it per faction on a given realm (ie- all of your alliance toons on a single realm can access it). Otherwise, it's nothing but a waste of gold. Does blizz think we are stupid or something?
85 Human Paladin
i think Transmogrify should be base off whats in your achievements. then you can selec a skin like when you get a hair cut... since i have ony 60 achv i should beable to transmog the helm and other stuff from that instance...or something so frustrating want my tier 0.5 back haha on my druid...anyhow hope you find a good system because i put in 6 years of runnning that old stuff and i wont be going back to get it again,,,
85 Draenei Hunter
08/20/2011 01:45 AMPosted by Bluereign
Part of this is due to technical limitations. One of the reasons we're able to offer so many more slots of storage to players now is because it's fairly simple data storage when we're talking item IDs. Throw in enchants, gems, and reforging though, and you have a lot more data that has to be stored

And yet RUNESCAPE, which has been around for god knows how long, gives me 500 slots of bank storage that I can use as I please...is WOW really saying that JAGEX is more technically advanced than BLIZZARD?!?!?

Not more advanced at all. Quite the contrary, it's saying they're simpler. Item storage in Runescape doesn't have near as many variables as WoW (enchants, gems, reforging, and now transmogrification), and the player base is much smaller.
89 Night Elf Death Knight
Any plans for non Legendary warglaives? Say, epic or blue item type?
90 Human Paladin
I thought of another request: in the future, allow for the transmogrification of helms into hood models. That way we can RP as rangers and such or just feel like we have a hooded cloak over our helm.
90 Human Paladin
08/25/2011 02:39 PMPosted by Relesa
Any plans for non Legendary warglaives? Say, epic or blue item type?

I'm been dying to use either the glaives the sentinels use or the model that looks like it is two thrash blades back to back. I fully support implementing acquirable models for players in game
85 Night Elf Druid
Void Storage vaults will be per-character and not per-account, so it won't be a way for players to trade BoA items cross-realm. While that's still something we want players to be able to do, we've several technological hurdles to overcome before we can make that type of service available.

Hello, Zarhym,
I see no reason why, but I keep seeing people speculating into wether or not BoA's will be retrievable cross-realm-wide trough Void Storage.
Althought I would love that was true, all info given leads us towards believing Void Storage is character specific, and thus having no use into sending any items to other toons - not even toons on the same realm/faction. #amiright?

I've heard several different reasons why cross-realm BoAs are not possible, all presented by blue posters, all presented in the last few weeks.

You say there are technological hurdles to overcome. Zarhym has said there are no technological barriers obstructing cross-realm BoAs, but the system has not been implemented because it does not fall into the WoW dev team's jurisdiction; the system would have to be implemented by the Battle.net team, as BoAs are now BNet account bound rather than WoW account bound.

Which of these is true?
85 Goblin Rogue
I know its been awhile since a CM posted in this thread, but wanted to add a comment on a request. I understand not wanting people to mog themselves wearing gear that they couldn't normally wear or would never have worn raiding, but I feel that weapons should be a little bit exempt from the types have to be the same rule.

Not completely though. There would still obviously be the requirement of two handed weapons couldn't turned into one handed or vice versa, and perhaps staves can't be turned into anything but staves, but I would really like it if one handed Maces, Axes, Swords and daggers could be changed into each other.
90 Draenei Death Knight
I had a general thought (hopefully it gets seen) about the Void Storage.

The stated intention is to store old armour sets, but what about special items, such as Leyara's Locket, or Archeology Rares (such as Ancient Amber), and holiday items such as the Dancing Brazier, or Brewfest Stein?

All of these things are infrequently used, things one wants to keep, take up bank space, and can be described by a simple item id (no enchants, etc, other information to lose or store).
25 Troll Hunter
I had a general thought (hopefully it gets seen) about the Void Storage.

The stated intention is to store old armour sets, but what about special items, such as Leyara's Locket, or Archeology Rares (such as Ancient Amber), and holiday items such as the Dancing Brazier, or Brewfest Stein?

All of these things are infrequently used, things one wants to keep, take up bank space, and can be described by a simple item id (no enchants, etc, other information to lose or store).

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to get OUT of my guild bank, these things I haven't used in ages but want to keep for nostalgia purposes. What about things like my BoA Onyxian Whelp and Blizzard Bear from the anniversaries? I was looking forward to dumping my nearly three 22-slot bags of fluff items into the void storage, but now the system doesn't seem that worthwhile for me if those types of things aren't allowed. :(
90 Human Paladin
I'm not sure if this fits in with Transmogrification, but it relates to the appearance of items. Non-tier plate gear has this horrible habit of looking like someone else's class. Normally it's something like dps looks like deathknight and tank looks like warrior or vice versa or it switches for heroic, and obviously healing plate looks like the paladin tier. But many combinations of specs using this gear look ridiculous.

I guess my suggestion would be to allow for transmogrification to correct this error. If someone wants to look like another class, and are able to collect the entire set and forsake their tier gear they should have that choice, but at the same time, I shouldn't have to collect a full offset of Holy gear just so I can match my tier gear with the offset pieces that I collect for my Protection spec.
90 Draenei Shaman
So far, I fine with almost all the restrictions placed on transmogrification. Some of them I may not particularly like (not allowing "silly" items), but I can live with it.

One thing I would like to see changed is the restriction regarding main-hand and off-hand. I am finding it hard to choose matching weapons because of the main/off restrictions.

Keep the weapon type restrictions, but remove the main-hand / off-hand restriction.
08/17/2011 07:37 PMPosted by Zarhym
It's perfect for seasonal outfits, items you think look really cool, etc. It's the place to put the gear you just don't want to delete, but don't regularly use either. If we just gave you 80 more bank slots -- which is a monumental technical task as I said earlier -- we'd have to consider nominating you for "Hoarders: World of Warcraft Edition."

08/18/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, we're looking at allowing tabards to be stored in Void Storage vaults. That may change as testing continues, of course, and depending on the feedback we receive from you guys (and gals).

Not sure if this is intended, but I can't deposit many seasonal outfits or items (Mantle of the Fire Festival, Vestment of Summer, Sandals of Summer, Pilgrim's Hat, Brewfest Steins ..etc etc) in void storage on the PTR as they're classed as Unique (along with my multitude of tabards) :(

*Votes 1 for allowing unique tabards and seasonal items in void storage*
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]