So. Let's talk dress up.

08/19/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Duhastmeche
So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

I agree wholeheartedly! Ultimately this could kill immersion. Now, I've got to get back to completing my poop quests while my undead's pug pet is scooting around on his behind. I've got to get that done before I have to throw baby bears on to a trampoline and Oh look there's a guildy with a train set and a pan flute that makes everyone dance.... etc. etc. etc.

Oh look I just threw a tree! in combat! and it dealt damage! (Dwyer's Caber) Think about that: a player could kill heroic ragnaros, the toughest (and serious) boss in the game right now, by throwing a full-sized TREE at him.

the silly ship has sailed, my friends. Now hand over those fish.

Well said. I was thinking of making my rogues' daggers into fishes(I fished up a dark herring and never sold it or equipped it.), and what's the point of all this if we can't use fun items? There is no immersion here, everything is already ridiculous.

I really hope we can change weapon types when it goes live, 2H axes are dumb and polearms rule.
90 Human Mage
08/18/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Dragontooth

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

darn! I was going to go back to the deadmines and scoop up some rolling pins :(

Me too - my rogue in defias gear with two rolling pins would rock *sniffles*
90 Human Warlock
I'll be running around in this outfit of course!
Ohai.
85 Gnome Priest
Simple Black Dress..with my staff of course.
90 Tauren Shaman
08/19/2011 10:36 AMPosted by Killercaitie
I'll be running around in this outfit of course!

you are lucky Catie... its a good thing you wear cloth or your trademark gas -mask look wouldn't work!
90 Human Warlock
08/19/2011 10:48 AMPosted by Dragontooth
you are lucky Catie... its a good thing you wear cloth or your trademark gas -mask look wouldn't work!

That's the one upside of being limited to only cloth... I'll totally be able to wear my entire outfit no problem! >:D
30 Troll Mage
One neat set for appropriate classes: the Scarlet set from Scarlet Monastery so you can look like one of the Scarlet Crusade, unfortunately, some of those pieces were pretty rare.
43 Night Elf Hunter
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

Posts like these are why blue posts need a "thumbs up"
85 Night Elf Priest
All I want is to show Tier 2 or Tier 3 set and maybe Benediction Staff.
30 Troll Mage
08/19/2011 10:35 AMPosted by Elm

And there goes my dreams of recreating the Fish Slapping sketch in some PvP battleground (if you don't know what I'm talking about, shame on you).

90 Human Warlock
08/19/2011 10:57 AMPosted by Scarla
And there goes my dreams of recreating the Fish Slapping sketch in some PvP battleground (if you don't know what I'm talking about, shame on you).

Dual-wielding fish-slapping dance!
90 Worgen Death Knight
08/19/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Killercaitie

Dual-wielding fish-slapping dance!

Why are you slapping each other with a fish....

Because it's free...and we can. (Maplestory joke commercial)

But in all seriousness this game has enough "silly" stuff in it. just let us use what we want and keep the modified looks out of BG's / Rated BG's / Arena and let us do what we want...let a breathe of freshness revive this game and let the players have some true fun!.

Also I personally also motion for allowing us to use Legendaries. Yes more people would be interested in them suddenly despite them being outdated but ones like Thunderfury (which took me FIVE years to complete one due to garbage RNG) will still be VERY rare...hell all will be very rare still.
90 Human Warlock
08/19/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Phaaze
But in all seriousness this game has enough "silly" stuff in it. just let us use what we want and keep the modified looks out of BG's / Rated BG's / Arena and let us do what we want...let a breathe of freshness revive this game and let the players have some true fun!.

How we will look when battling Deathwing:

EVERYONE is in Black mageweave, bunny ears... & carrying spring flowers or fish.

We're just gunna creep the heck out of the dragon until he gives us loot. :P
90 Gnome Priest
<-- what I'm wearing right now. Since I probably can't have empty slots, I'm going to have to pick up some Soulcloth Gloves, which are more like bracelets and wouldn't interfere with the look of my character.
90 Gnome Warlock
My warrior has the 0.5 Dungeon Set. I refuse to throw it away. Just wish I could finish the heroism quests :(
1 Orc Hunter
my hunter will be full 8/8 tier 1 with the sunfury bow from kara.
85 Dwarf Rogue
Still diggin around BC raids and heroics.
85 Human Death Knight
I'm wearing it right now. I like it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]