So. Let's talk dress up.

13 Worgen Druid
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

Go watch Tangled, and tell me Frying Pans shouldn't be included. :-P
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Bad call by blizz. There should be no restrictions on this system, legendaries included. If someone wants to look "silly" let them. The lack of customization has been one of the game's greatest flaws for a long time, allowing it in it's entirety with this new feature is the right way to go.

Allow a disable feature for TM and remove any and all armor restrictions (yes even non-primary armor type) and this feature has potential to be amazing.
90 Troll Shaman
If you didn't want the game to look silly then you guys shouldn't have gone with a cartoony graphics style when the game was made. There isn't anything wrong with fun. Although I won't be wielding a fish, I think people should be allowed to do so. also allow grey items to be used. Seriously, fun = win. Anything that restricts player choice is wrong.
90 Undead Rogue
idk if this has been answered or not but will the item that ur useing to change the art to ur stat item be consumed on the transformation? or not?
90 Orc Death Knight
I'll admit I've not read every post, but...
Any word on being able to Mog BoAs?

That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

Aww, pleeeeease? I want to use a gun for my hunter but the only gun heirloom is PvP.

08/19/2011 10:51 PMPosted by Nocrits
idk if this has been answered or not but will the item that ur useing to change the art to ur stat item be consumed on the transformation? or not?

Nah, it won't be. You just need to have both items in your inventory.
Edited by Soeroah on 8/19/2011 11:27 PM PDT
90 Draenei Hunter
Definetly going to use my Demon stalker set for pvp. Pve I'm not sure..

EDIT: Picture of it... still need to find a better cloak if theres one out there. And a ranged weap and polearm.

And I'm not sure about the tabard, but it's the best I could find. Tried the green illidari one but it didn't match as well as I thought it would.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/cvnf.jpg/
Edited by Neiara on 8/20/2011 2:39 AM PDT
85 Orc Rogue
This is what I'll be wearing.

Except for the Warglaive though >:|
85 Undead Rogue
Only in your fricken dreams!
WoWModelViewer ftw! :D
90 Undead Priest
08/20/2011 12:21 AMPosted by Freddie
Only in your fricken dreams!

Haha, awesome. But I don't know if Rogues will be able to wear cloth hats or not. :\

And they need to let priests use polearms so I can rockHigh Warlord's Pig Sticker.

90 Human Rogue
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

I can definitely understand why you guys would take such a position, but I have to say, I disagree a little.

To me, one of WoW's greatest strengths is its ability to not take itself too seriously. It can seamlessly flip between serious epic storylines and off-the-wall silly humor without it ever seeming out of place. One minute we're fighting dragons and cultists, and the next minute we're having fun drinking at brewfest, or listening to the rhyme-tastic headless horseman at hallow's end.

Okay, yeah, holidays tend to be separate from main storyline fights, but not all of the silliness is. Take icecrown citadel for example. The storyline there was as serious as it got, but we still had outright funny bosses like putricide, as well as meta-humor with the Blood Prince Council (merely a setback!). This was good.

Or heck, sometimes seriousness and silliness can exist within the same fight. Look at Bloodlord Mandokir:

Mandokir: Make peace, worms. I be deliverin' you to Hakkar myself!
<fight starts!>
Mandokir: Your broken body belongs to Hakkar!
<Mandokir kills a player and levels up>
Mandokir: Ding!
Jin'do: Hey! Grats, mon!

I could go on forever with this, but my point is that in WoW, seriousness and silliness coexist in harmony. Therefore, I don't think it's anything to be scared of if some people want to proudly wear emblems of WoW's silly side into battle.

Whatever decision is reached, I'm gonna 'mog up my super cool serious black bloodfang set straight away, but... a lighthearted silly set might be a nice option to have. ^_^

EDIT: For those wondering, here's my future 'mog set. I've got all the pieces ready!:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/051/5/5/Lanceon__Skull_Helm_by_LanceOmikron.jpg
Edited by Lanceon on 8/20/2011 12:57 AM PDT
90 Human Mage
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

I understand the desire to keep the game from looking silly but I can't imagine wielding fish, pitchforks, shovels, or rolling pins would look as goofy as the outfits we were forced to wear in TBC while leveling up. I still carry emotional scars from some of the horrid clown gear I had to endure.
85 Night Elf Warrior
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=34381:34192:34442:34394:34352:50729:50625:50640:50691:47427:31404:3427

I just keep finding new stuff to add to this set...

Its beast mode.
I'll be doing this guy up <3
http://i.imgur.com/pME5W.png
wanted to use the helmet and shoulders since BC, but never got em
@Barricade I don't believe you can share wowhead compare links, comes up not found.
90 Human Rogue
well for my hunter i already made a dream set and made a screen shot this was before transmorg so i dont know if they will let a hunter wear plate looking stuff as well as cloth i would love if they do, also will you have to get the item in order to transmorg it? or will there be a list of items i can choose from?

http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/tigran_21/Wow/?action=view&current=Picture2.png
can I just add a little something here? on topic I hope, I see so many people saying "transmorg" like they're dyslexic, I don't know about you all, but in the screenshots I see "transmogrify"

@Evilaña :/ I think you have to match armour types, also need to get the item, and be able to wear it.
90 Human Rogue
@Evilaña :/ I think you have to match armour types, also need to get the item, and be able to wear it.

NOOOOOOOOOO, thats lame but i can see why =(. im a new player so i dont have the old raid armor sets =(((((((( /cry. Besides all the old hunters sets look soooooooo lame. i like stuff pretty and white =(((
Edited by Evilaña on 8/20/2011 3:40 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]