So. Let's talk dress up.

100 Human Warrior
Why does it matter if Deathwing is killed by silly weapons? I'm pretty sure hunters will still be using Flintlockes Woodchucker. So frying pans are out of the question for a gaint dragon aspect, but critters flying out of gun is okay?
85 Night Elf Hunter
The Sundered set with a bow of some sort. What self-respecting Night Elf would use a gun?
So far, I have the chestpiece.
Sundered Chestpiece
Or maybe I'll do the battleforge set. I have everything but the chestpiece.
Battleforge Legguards
I like it was better then the ugly stuff they have you wear now. Thank goodness they have tabards or I wouldn't be able to look at my character.
Also my horseman blade. Yay for glowy swords!
100 Night Elf Druid
08/20/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Wiluhelm
Why does it matter if Deathwing is killed by silly weapons? I'm pretty sure hunters will still be using Flintlockes Woodchucker. So frying pans are out of the question for a gaint dragon aspect, but critters flying out of gun is okay?

Agreed. Blizzard lost it trying to keep the silly factor down a long time ago, even recently as well, just look at t12 helms for priests and druids. A toilet bowl and burning stump. Yah that's serious design. If they are gonna restrict the sillyness factor for the reason of seriousness then I propose no mage weave set I mean I prefer silly over sleazy any day. Well you get my point part of the charm in other games that have already allowed this ability is that yes you get some odd combinations at times but overall you have a happier player base as each can be "themselves" so to speak. Silly, sleazy, serious or anywhere in between.
Edited by Wyndywalker on 8/20/2011 12:29 PM PDT
1 Blood Elf Warlock

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

... What?

The art style of the entire game looks silly; it always has. A typical armor set in WoW looks like a giant, glowing, rainbow-colored Christmas tree. Half the pauldrons in the game are shooting off torrents of fire right by the wearer's head and the other half feature gravity defying orbs that bounce up and down while still remaining magically attached to the armor. Nevermind the fact that all the pauldrons are large enough to snap the spine of a tauren if worn continuously for more than five minutes.

And you're worried that people might look silly?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/20/2011 10:52 AMPosted by Maxwelljd
If the goal is to keep immersion in tact by keeping silliness in check, the aforementioned silliness should be dealt with. I suspect that this stuff is going to remain in game, though, in which case a handful of people deciding they have to fight with fish, rolling pins, fishing poles or other weapons doesn't seem nearly so out of place. Because really, if I'm going to be fighting alongside a pirate and a ninja while critters go whizzing by as ammunition, I may as well be allowed to wield a frying pan or two.

Perhaps silliness was an incorrect word choice. The restriction of items that seem "silly" is more or less a way to restrict the amount of cartoon antics that players can introduce into the game. Come on do you really think that Blizz wants to risk world first Deathwing being killed by a frying pans, fish, and other various cartoon weapons?

As opposed to being killed by a rogue squad of ninjas and pirates shooting rainbows, trees, critters and comically painted rocket launchers?

The cartoon antics are already there. Either they should stick to their guns and remove them, or just let them be pursued through a new avenue: Transmogrification.
85 Night Elf Hunter
This is my set that ill mogg. Still need some shoulders.
85 Troll Druid
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

You don't want them running around with fish in their hands but...
You guys are okay with them running around with almost 7 year old armour models..?
It's okay if someone in a dress kills deathwing but a huge no-no if someone wields a fish?
100 Blood Elf Priest
Out of curiosity, will armor be counted as a "stat," in the context of source items for transmogrification needing to have stats?

For example, will something like this: Crown of the Fire Festival be eligible, as it has a stat (armor), is not legendary and is not "silly" (I assume)?
85 Blood Elf Warrior
4.3 will take a few months before it comes out. I have plenty of time to get my sets.
1 Dwarf Warlock
Necro-Knight's Garb

Trying to figure out a set for this..

Soulseeker I'd use it with this weapon too.
Edited by Opiceofcandy on 8/20/2011 9:52 PM PDT
85 Undead Warrior
ARMAGEDDON IS MY WEAPON, I actualy collect weapons, I have over 140 different weapons, and at least 100 completely different skins, I have a lot of fist weapon combos that don't count as different skins.

Anyhow, Armageddon is one of the largest weapons in game, and totally fits my idea of a kickass weapon.
2 Gnome Warlock

This doesn't make any sense. WoW is a cartoon, its supposed to be silly. Not to mention, most of the Tier sets people are gonna be running around with look even more silly than fish.

Let us wear whatever we want. If we can wear it now in game, we should be able to transmogrify to it.

This.

Drop the stupid restrictions. We should be able to trans something to anything else as long as both the items are of the same slot and we can already equip it and own it.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Medusoid Staff

I just need a staff before 4.3 hits now..Sho'ravon..Drop for me dangit!
Edited by Dist on 8/20/2011 10:52 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
An obligation to limit silliness? This from the dev team who brought us
- shoulderpads the size of THREE Gnomes. Each.
- Pro wrestler belts on clothies, along with cloth gloves that look like plate.
- Daggers that look like longswords.
- Longswords that look like 2h swords.
- 2h swords that look like starships.
- Platemail that magically converts to Slavegirl Leia outfits on female characters.
- Wild-west style robber bandanas on priests.

You inspired a South Park episode. You have pop culture references every other quest. You have NPCs who rant about not wearing any pants.

I could go on. The point is: so WHAT if a combat rogue wants to mainhand a mug and offhand a fish? Compared to the rest of the stuff in game, it's mild.
90 Undead Warlock
http://i.imgur.com/hiUCg.jpg

What I just finished making. Definitely going to wear this a lot since it will be original. Helm is pro

http://i.imgur.com/GDqoO.jpg

Fake Mage Tier 5. I loved this set on my mage so I had to get it on my warlock.

http://i.imgur.com/l0uyM.jpg

Fake Mage Tier 2 set. Again, I loved this set on my mage.

http://i.imgur.com/8780H.jpg

Heroic Tier 8 with the Gas Mask from Love is in the Air holiday.

http://i.imgur.com/vusd3.jpg

Fishing set to troll people in pvp.

http://i.imgur.com/4JHin.jpg

My freaking bank. I still have stuff to collect.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]