So. Let's talk dress up.

71 Troll Rogue
We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. ...

The idea that Blizzard wants to reduce silliness in their games -- even more, that they feel they have an obligation to do so -- is kind of funny. WoW doesn't have a fourth wall. It has a fourth highway.

Yeah, there's really no defending that comment. Just to review, here's the non-silly items we're saying you can continue to wear:

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=218 - blades everywhere. Running will actually kill you.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21391 - the insane clown shoulders
http://www.wowhead.com/item=21615 - pimp hats
http://www.wowhead.com/item=11839 - you can make your uber-protective helm look like a monocle
http://www.wowhead.com/item=15272/razor-axe - a giant razor blade

But we don't want you to be silly... no, silly would be bad. :-/
85 Dwarf Rogue
With Transmogrification coming up in 4.3, does anyone have sets already stashed? If not, does anyone have any idea what 'suit' they want to put together? C'mon, I want ideas and pretty pictures!

Anybody, anybody? Beuller? Let's have fun with this!

This is the rough-cut version of my rogue outfit. The shoulder pads are the problem; the set looks best without shoulders, but failing that, you need to use a pair that look like a mantled effect to blend with the cloak. I'm still looking for a better set as these have gold trim which I'm not wild about.

90 Dwarf Paladin
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

probably been commented on, but do you mean items like Cookie's Tenderizer?

Does that mean that if you equip the item as an upgrade you can only use it if you transmogrify it to a more sensible non rolling pin style mace?
84 Tauren Warrior
This set will be my first to try to transmorgrify. Imagine the chagrin of the npcs at being whipped by a bunch of flowers.

...yeah, I read it and looks like my basket and flowers aren't eligible items....yet.....someday maybe :)
97 Orc Warlock
Personally, I've been looking for new helm and shoulder combos. Specifically, I want smaller shoulders. And I want to wear a hat.

Hopefully, Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat will be approved for Transmogrification. If not, I'll be bringing back the Hat of Wintry Doom.
Edited by Brakkis on 8/22/2011 12:03 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
So I don't know whats going on with my profile,

1.) This toon is a Female
2.) The Stuff I have equiped is not what it shows I have equiped.

Is Blizz giving me a sign of what I should be using to transmog my gear or does no one else see me as a male NE Druid in T6
90 Night Elf Rogue
does anyone know if there is a way to get the old boots from pvp tiers?, for some reasons I don't have all of them from the previous sets. Also the tier of wrath of that you can buy with justice points don't sell the boots that match any oneknow where to get thee boots?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im currently wearing my Gear check it out if want. I cant wait for this set to be 85 =]
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I love looking at everyone portrait and seeing them already wearing there t-Mog gear (including me)
70 Worgen Priest
This set is the one I plan to be using most of the time. I don't have any others fully prepared but I'm getting there.
85 Dwarf Paladin
I have complete T1, T2, T2.5, 3/5 T4, 4/5 T5, 7/8 T6, 4/6 T7, 1 piece T8 and 5/5 t10 in my bank as well as 1 pice of t3
85 Night Elf Druid

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

Those models are already in the game... now they're too silly? Too silly for Warcraft?
85 Worgen Priest
The sad thing is that WoW got a lot more conservative after vanilla, in terms of looks. Chest slot items are almost never interesting; shoulders remained a bit interesting in TBC, but were never as amusing as vanilla, and Wrath shoulders were about as interesting as cold grits. So far Cata has been very much in the Wrath mold. I've yet to see a tier set that made me think anything but "hey, that must take a long time to put on."

Helms are about the only thing that there was a lot of creativity with going into TBC. I love some of the things they did with helms in TBC, but again, look at post-TBC helms. It's as if someone told the art department to stop having fun at their jobs...

Just looking at one class (my own), I'd say T5, T6, and T8 all say "hi". You seem to be wearing the opposite of rose-colored glasses.
Edited by Sinter on 8/22/2011 11:30 AM PDT
99 Human Paladin
08/22/2011 11:05 AMPosted by Tyrantuss
Im currently wearing my Gear check it out if want. I cant wait for this set to be 85 =]
Bubba - you have a roach on your head. You want that?

08/22/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Lerrac
This set is the one I plan to be using most of the time. I don't have any others fully prepared but I'm getting there.
Nice!!
Edited by Ignatowski on 8/22/2011 11:30 AM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

Will I finally be able to beat people up with a fishing pole?
100 Human Mage
08/18/2011 03:05 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

Personally I disagree legendary weapons can't be the source for a mog. Especially with the last few... Shadowmourne was intended to be replaced 3 levels into Cata, and the last several legendaries you had to spend a lot of time to work for. It makes sense that people with them are proud of them, and should be able to use them as the source for a transmogrification.

Plus, they just LOOK really cool!!!
85 Human Death Knight
I'm all for "not being silly" but why can't I wear the gray gear, or my scarlet crusade mail armor (which is TECHNICALLY WARRIOR/PALADIN armor levels 30-40), or how about my POSTMASTER'S uniform, that way I can say /y YOU'VE BEEN MALOWNED! when I beat someone down in pvp?

Why?

I mean those things aren't silly, they are COOL!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973256691
Edited by Elineé on 8/22/2011 11:34 AM PDT
85 Worgen Warrior
I'm thinking this, but perhaps without the rolling pin.
85 Orc Warrior
I'll be getting the caster plate pvp set from WoTLK crafted for me: http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=814

I love the look of all the gold and spikes on an orc.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]