So. Let's talk dress up.

90 Human Warlock
I'll admit I've not read every post, but...
Any word on being able to Mog BoAs?

That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I agree with this post! As much as I would love to use my glaives on my rogue and so on, it removes half the fun of having them when every Rogue, Warrior and DK will be wearing them.
Community Manager
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/22/2011 12:10 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The outfit I'm currently wearing will likely be one I'll mog - I'm also collecting T4, T6, T9, and a mix of T8 and T10 which looks decent together. I'm also trying to make a set that looks interesting without being a tier (for as you can see I'm quite addicted to them) and trying to find interesting and unique looking shields.

I wish I hadn't deleted my Enamelled Disk of Mojo back in Wotlk, though. :(
Community Manager
Any plans to ease the storage related pains players are already experiencing as they go and run old content for looks-gear?

My personal bank has gone through several purges, but I'm really really reaching critical mass quickly, and I don't even have half of my wishlist obtained yet.

If I'm not misunderstanding you, then http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog is your answer.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Any plans to ease the storage related pains players are already experiencing as they go and run old content for looks-gear?

My personal bank has gone through several purges, but I'm really really reaching critical mass quickly, and I don't even have half of my wishlist obtained yet.

Well, there's this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog

ETA: Bah! Daxx beat my by a few seconds.
Edited by Texi on 8/22/2011 12:10 PM PDT
85 Undead Hunter

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also, and this applies to all Transmogrified items, trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

O.o How did you miss anything and everything that Void Storage is? Lol.

I do have a question with this heirloom bit coming up though. Does this mean that the price for xmogging a piece will scale to be appropriate to a player's level? Or is it expected that we have a main and send a bunch of gold to them for the purpose of xmogging. Granted, if we have heirlooms than we most likely have a main, but I have xferred over lower level toons just for the heirlooms.

Also, you mention that they will be eligible targets, are you meaning a target as in it can be used to take the look of and/or change the look of, or is it restricted to only changing the look of?

i.e Can I xmog to look like I'm decked out in heirloom gear at level 85? :D
Edited by Sheldorr on 8/22/2011 12:17 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin
<---- Just finished this set today. Can't wait to raid T13 in it.
100 Human Mage
I have my ZG raid set in the bank I might break out again...
85 Blood Elf Warrior
08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

But will we be able to transmogrify an item to look like a piece of BoA gear? Sorry if this was answered in a post already, I didn't see it.
Community Manager
ETA: Bah! Daxx beat my by a few seconds.

/flex
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Posting in the correct thread: http://wowrpclothes.wordpress.com/

Lot's of ideas there for outfits! (no that is not my site, but thought I would share the goodness of pics and ideas!)
85 Troll Hunter
Bloodsail set, easy choice there.

Assuming i can use it :(
Edited by Longeyes on 8/22/2011 12:23 PM PDT
13 Goblin Hunter
Is there news yet over the minimum character level needed to use transmogrification?

85 Undead Warlock

If I'm not misunderstanding you, then [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog[/url] is your answer.

I think he is referring to the interim time between now and when 4.3 drops?
100 Worgen Druid
finished my set cept for boots, was hard to give up using stormrage helmet but it just didn't match the shoulders :(
100 Blood Elf Mage

If I'm not misunderstanding you, then [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog[/url] is your answer.

I think he is referring to the interim time between now and when 4.3 drops?

That's how I read it. As I am lucky to have 8 open slots as a rule, I'm not farming in advance. I'd just have to delete stuff that has survived several purges. So indeed the question is ... what can we do -now- to find space?

I'm pretty sure the answer is "don't farm stuff yet."

Sorry for multiple quoting but it adds coherence to my reply in this instance.
100 Night Elf Druid
I"m sure this has been asked, but I can't seem to find it.

Can we transmogrify staves to pole-arms, and vice versa?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]