So. Let's talk dress up.

85 Undead Hunter
I"m sure this has been asked, but I can't seem to find it.

Can we transmogrify staves to pole-arms, and vice versa?

No.
"Similarly, they won’t allow you to change weapon or armor types. Sneaky death knights can’t make that breastplate look like a cloth robe, and you can’t make a one-handed axe look like a two-handed axe, or transform a sword’s appearance into that of a mace. Guns, bows, and crossbows will be the exception to this rule. "

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048
80 Gnome Warrior
Now if my LW could just.. get.. Pattern: Black Dragonscale Leggings to drop.. *farms very hard*
100 Night Elf Druid
Since we're talking dress-up...

There was a thread created about this yesterday, but I can't find it : (

Now that we have our first fabulous transmogrification guide for bikinis (thanks, Lull!) I'm sure there will be others in the future to help people put together looks that they love. How can we go about getting these stickied since there are no player stickies in General?
Should they go in the RP Forum? Is there a chance you would create a new Artwork Forum to talk about how great we all look (along with suggestions to look better, of course)?
100 Draenei Paladin
I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

How about passing it along to whom it may concern that people would like to be able to change their two handed axes into two handed maces and swords and the same for one handers and such.

It doesn't seem fair that ranged weapons will be able to be changed into any other ranged weapon, such as gun to bow, when any melee weapon user will be stuck with their type.

Limiting the change to 1H type and 2H type should be enough.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 8/22/2011 12:43 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

Huzzah!

Now just to win the Legendary war >:D

(I don't have any Legendaries and probably never will, but I would like to actually see them from time to time, and disagree that "everyone will have one." Maybe if weapon Transmogrification didn't have such strict rules, but as it is it's very rare to see a rogue or warrior duel wielding one-handed swords for Blades of Azzinoth, the current BiS for two-handed weapons is not an axe for Shadowmourne, and not everyone likes the way Val'anyr looks anyway).
100 Troll Shaman
Has there been any word on transmogrifying plate gear to pre-40 mail gear? My paladin has been hanging on to this Battleforge set since BC that i've always loved the art for.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I had the icc tier set, with the cool bow...but I deleted it./cry
85 Undead Hunter
What I don't understand in the Legendary argument is that, if someone has taken the time to create/farm the souldbound item, I don't understand why it isn't allowed. I know more people will be running around with them, but they earned it once, why should it be forced to sit in a bank or bag for nothing? I would completely understand the no legendary allowed rule if it was a drop down menu or something that you picked up and there was no need to actually own the item. I'm just a bit baffled by not allowing it with xmogging's current restrictions/rules.
73 Tauren Warrior
<---- Just finished this set today. Can't wait to raid T13 in it.

Very nice
Edited by Fangwall on 8/22/2011 12:51 PM PDT
6 Gnome Mage
will it really cost 100g to deposit something and 200g to take it out? i mean i have a decent bit of gold laying around, but that's ridiculous

i could see ~25g deposit, and no withdraw fee, but that's about it
6 Gnome Mage
08/22/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Wildhuntress
I had the icc tier set, with the cool bow...but I deleted it./cry
you can get a GM to restore it. they'll do a couple restores a year or so, if you ask nicely
73 Tauren Warrior
will it really cost 100g to deposit something and 200g to take it out? i mean i have a decent bit of gold laying around, but that's ridiculous

Even 25g is a lot. Imagine having 50+ items to play around with.
100 Draenei Shaman
Yea I agree. A deposit fee is ok. But a withdrawal fee as well?

I guess the withdrawal fee makes it so hackers won't bother with the void.... but that is the only good thing I can think of for it.

Edit: Hmm maybe kill the deposit fee and only have the withdrawl fee.
Edited by Thasea on 8/22/2011 12:55 PM PDT
85 Undead Hunter

Void storage is not made to be used for items you take out on a regular basis. It's made for long term storage. Things you'll put it and not think about for weeks or months or more.
6 Gnome Mage
Since we're talking dress-up...

There was a thread created about this yesterday, but I can't find it : (

Now that we have our first fabulous transmogrification guide for bikinis (thanks, Lull!) I'm sure there will be others in the future to help people put together looks that they love. How can we go about getting these stickied since there are no player stickies in General?
Should they go in the RP Forum? Is there a chance you would create a new Artwork Forum to talk about how great we all look (along with suggestions to look better, of course)?
here's a good site to check out:
http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/

also, it'd be nice if thrown weps were added into the pool of ranged that can be group-mogged around
100 Troll Druid
The set im in right now, except the staff...sadly im stuck with a Mainhand/Offhand so my awesome Paw Staff wont be transmogrifying anything anytime soon, unless i can get a FL staff.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's a little pic of me before and after, just have a couple more pieces to pic up:

http://s1101.photobucket.com/albums/g433/dusktilldawn24/
58 Blood Elf Death Knight

How about passing it along to whom it may concern that people would like to be able to change their two handed axes into two handed maces and swords and the same for one handers and such.

It doesn't seem fair that ranged weapons will be able to be changed into any other ranged weapon, such as gun to bow, when any melee weapon user will be stuck with their type.

Limiting the change to 1H type and 2H type should be enough.

Have you heard the gun sound? It's loud, annoying, and makes my ears bleed.
88 Goblin Warlock
or maybe just scarp this whole pointless feature instead focusing on fixing real issues like balancing and bug fixes...

85 Tauren Druid
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check.

Please explain Moonkin form.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]