So. Let's talk dress up.

85 Undead Hunter
Not sure if this has been answered, but given the statement that you cannot change plate into cloth (understandable) how about leather to mail, since classes like Hunter and Shaman initially wear leather but upgrade to mail?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Will transmogrified weapons carry over the enchant glows or will they not have any of the enchant graphics associated with the main weapon?

If no, can we transmog equipment that we own onto itself so that we can erase enchant graphics and keep the weapon intact in its full glory?
Edited by Marliene on 8/22/2011 1:55 PM PDT
100 Human Warrior
It's great that my hunter can forever use guns despite any upgrades but my warrior is stuck with 2 axes and I would prefer to use some swords like cataclysm's edge.
85 Human Warlock
My warlock has parts of t1, t4, t5, t6, t9, and t10. I need to go back to finish them at some point. I have 2 parts of the ZG set too.On my pally I have basically what I'm wearing and then parts of the cata tier armor.So, it's all a work in progress.

Someone's jelly, and by someone, I mean me.
100 Blood Elf Mage
In the thread of preference... guns, bows, and crossbows are transmorgified between one another. It'd be nice if they allowed staves (over polearms) for those of us who wish to have the appearance of an Arms Warrior Monk.

One has a blade/spear the other does not, it's not a heavy change considering they can downgrade it's appearance to the worst of all polearms. It'd be in the same vein as a pvper equipping a visually specific healer mace instead of their distinctly dps mace.

On a side note, I'm glad Belf paladins will get the change to show off their old Blood-Tempered Ranseur.
Edited by Opheron on 8/22/2011 2:04 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior
Right now I'm wearing this.

But I might go back to the Battlegear of Heroism, since there will probably be quite a few people wearing this.
85 Human Warlock
08/22/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Sunderland
Not sure if this has been answered, but given the statement that you cannot change plate into cloth (understandable) how about leather to mail, since classes like Hunter and Shaman initially wear leather but upgrade to mail?

No. They answered this in the blog post. You cannot change from the Armor type or Weapon type, with the Exception of Guns, Bows, and Crossbows, those can be switched out for whatever. I'll explain a bit more:
Plate can only be switched with Plate.
Mail can only be switched with Mail.
Leather can only be switched with Leather.
Cloth can only be switched with Cloth.
Same for Axes, 2h axes, 1h swords, 2h swords, polearms, staffs.
The only exception to that rule is-
Guns can be switched with Bows, and Crossbows.
Bows can be switched with Crossbows and Guns.
Crossbows can be switched with Bows and Guns.
13 Goblin Hunter
Since we're talking dress-up...

There was a thread created about this yesterday, but I can't find it : (

Now that we have our first fabulous transmogrification guide for bikinis (thanks, Lull!) I'm sure there will be others in the future to help people put together looks that they love. How can we go about getting these stickied since there are no player stickies in General?
Should they go in the RP Forum? Is there a chance you would create a new Artwork Forum to talk about how great we all look (along with suggestions to look better, of course)?

I second the motion for an Art Forum!
80 Gnome Warrior
08/22/2011 01:22 PMPosted by Tiggindy
NE Druid: No clue... I'm not terribly fond of any of the sets.

My druid doesn't like to wear pants, but I'm not fond of the fancy leather kilts myself. I settled on Jinxed Hoodoo Skin and Jinxed Hoodoo Kilt, but I don't know what else would match with it.
Edited by Grietje on 8/22/2011 2:10 PM PDT
6 Gnome Mage
08/22/2011 01:09 PMPosted by Starlin
Crazy idea. Perhaps we can dig up old tier sets through archaeology?
i'd like them to make arch less soul-crushingly grindy first

~100 tol'vir solves (which are slow enough already, with all the fossil/nelf/etc sites in kalimdor) and still just the mount and ring. no pet, no staff, no sword
Sometimes non-set items of a given tier will not exist for a certain class armor type. For example: there may be a plate dps belt that matches warriors but not one that matches DKs or Pals.

Is there going to be an easy way to transmogrify items of a tier to match your classes armor set of the same iLVL without needing to have an another item with that graphic?
90 Night Elf Rogue
I really, really would like it if we could change 1H off-hand items to other types. I used to love using two swords or two axes on my Rogue, but since all 1.4 speed Rogue weapons are now daggers, it's a little underwhelming to know that I can have a cool sword in my mainhand, but not in my off-hand because of the dagger. While there certainly are cool daggers, I'd appreciate the look of two identical swords more.
Edited by Dinin on 8/22/2011 2:17 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
Crazy idea. Perhaps we can dig up old tier sets through archaeology?
i'd like them to make arch less soul-crushingly grindy first

~100 tol'vir solves (which are slow enough already, with all the fossil/nelf/etc sites in kalimdor) and still just the mount and ring. no pet, no staff, no sword

There are many ways to make lookalike tier gear easily available through archaeology. I feel your pain on the tol'vir solves, but perhaps they just make a new rarity level somewhere between common and rare where these items appear, or perhaps the entire piece can appear the same way keystones are gained when surveying. Or perhaps rare corpses spawn at digsites with 1-3 pieces of a set. Or whatever. The point is, this would be a potential way to allow old tier pieces (D1, D2, T3) back into the game.
Edited by Starlin on 8/22/2011 2:35 PM PDT
86 Worgen Druid
legendaries certainly weren't silly when people used them during their relevent content (ateish excluded)
100 Tauren Shaman
Full tier 5 with tier 6 belt boots and bracers, cloak from eradar twins, and (if I happen to have two fist weapons at the time) the claw and fist of molten fury from hyjal
90 Draenei Death Knight
08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

Yes! Thank you, Blizzard!
100 Night Elf Hunter
Can you share with us if there will be a future way to ease the armor restriction on gear type on some items?

The Bloodknight random greens are level 60+ mail, yet are most suited for BElf pallies.

The Scarlet set from SM is mail as these dungeons are pre-40 levels, but it's most suited (thematically) for plate wearing classes (warr and pallie.) My pallie can't use them after farming them up.

I've been saving up Bloodknight pieces for a very long time in hopes we'll get such an option and now it's here, but it's looking like it won't be possible to use them on my BElf pallie who is over level 40.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]