So. Let's talk dress up.

90 Troll Shaman
08/22/2011 12:20 PMPosted by Daxxarri
/flex

One last question, please. Will Main Hand only weaponry be 'Mog"ifiable to the offhand slot?

I know a slew of tank weapons that made me thing to myself "Yeah. I'd dig dual wielding those."

Edit: If this ISN'T the case, please begin working on it! I'd love to dual wield Claw of the Watcher from Auchie Crypts!

Edit Edit: Btw, if WoW was designed to not be "silly" why have the items in the game in the first place o.o?
Edited by Panadyne on 8/22/2011 3:32 PM PDT
85 Undead Hunter

If I'm not misunderstanding you, then [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3342240#blog[/url] is your answer.

Hey,
Thanks for the response.
I was actually inquiring as to if there were any plans to ease the pain it's causing to have announced this so far in advance.
People's banks are going to be bursting at the seams weeks or even months before Void Storage is available.
Was hoping maybe some bigger bags, lower CDs on dreamcloth, or something along those lines might make it into a hotfix before 4.3 dropped.

There is no need to start farming now, and so there is no need to change the bag situation now. Void Storage and Transmorgification are meant to compliment each other and so that is why they are being released at the same time. You could simply just wait to get the items you want.

Can you share with us if there will be a future way to ease the armor restriction on gear type on some items?
The Bloodknight random greens are level 60+ mail, yet are most suited for BElf pallies.
The Scarlet set from SM is mail as these dungeons are pre-40 levels, but it's most suited (thematically) for plate wearing classes (warr and pallie.) My pallie can't use them after farming them up.
I've been saving up Bloodknight pieces for a very long time in hopes we'll get such an option and now it's here, but it's looking like it won't be possible to use them on my BElf pallie who is over level 40.

They have already stated that there is a chance of restrictions being eased in the future. However, it is better for them to start out with so many restrictions, work out some of the kinks, and then proceed on easing the rules. If they come out with this and allow all of the more code heavy/harder things to make happen, it's all just going to break and no one will be able to use it. Just give them some time once it's released and see where they go with it.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
After playing with WoW Model Viewer, I've decided that my main gearset is going to look like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=46174:13381:30987:40345:30998:47323:65998:34185:48657:48660

I'll need to rebuy the Tier 9 Chest and Pants as well as the Tier 8.5 Gloves, plus farm for the belt (TotC) and boots (Strath), but other then that I already have all of the other pieces of gear. Including Broken Promise and the Sword Breaker's Bulwark. I am so looking forward to this patch ....
85 Human Paladin
oh ya i have all of t1, 2, 2.5, 4, 5, 6, and a sunwell set. missing a few of t7.5 and 8.5 have all of t9 and 10 and i have a bunch of weapons and other armor pieces so i have enough to keep me busy for awhile:)
85 Night Elf Rogue
Can you share with us if there will be a future way to ease the armor restriction on gear type on some items?

The Bloodknight random greens are level 60+ mail, yet are most suited for BElf pallies.

The Scarlet set from SM is mail as these dungeons are pre-40 levels, but it's most suited (thematically) for plate wearing classes (warr and pallie.) My pallie can't use them after farming them up.

I've been saving up Bloodknight pieces for a very long time in hopes we'll get such an option and now it's here, but it's looking like it won't be possible to use them on my BElf pallie who is over level 40.

This is a very good point.
84 Human Priest
Question: can you transmog to nothing? As a caster I always hated the shoulder pads and would like to go with just robes. It would also be cool to be a "weaponless" rogue that punches.
94 Night Elf Rogue
There are fist weapons that look more like a flat band across the fist, loosely like brass knuckles. That would work for your "un armed" rogue.

Still, this begs my question from the "main" thread... can you use the appearance of one weapon for two different items, since it doesn't consume the item.

that would have the need to farm TWO brass knuckles...
Community Manager
Will Main Hand only weaponry be 'Mog"ifiable to the offhand slot?

Mainhand can only be applied to mainhand, and offhand can only be applied to offhand. This is partially due to the restrictions on certain types of weapon art.

Again, these are our first tentative steps with Transmogrification, and there's room for modifying the rules later on after the system is introduced, and we see how things shake out. Heck, the rules aren't even quite set in stone right now, and might change further before the system is introduced.

08/22/2011 03:23 PMPosted by Panadyne
Btw, if WoW was designed to not be "silly" why have the items in the game in the first place o.o?

World of Warcraft has a design aesthetic that limits silliness, not omits it utterly. We all like a laugh now and then. That's why we have so many fun novelty items, easter eggs and humorous quests. Still, with a handful of exceptions, there's been a pretty firm line drawn between what amounts to a novelty item (which we anticipate players showing off occasionally for a laugh, or to enjoy on a temporary basis), and items that we intend players to use in their day to day activities.

It's that handful of exceptions that are the sticking point. It's the items like frying pans, cleavers and rolling pins that we're not sure we want players running around with on a constant basis. The jury is still out on that.

I'm sure that there will be those that still find ways to make the most ridiculous outfits possible despite any precautions we take. We can't possibly anticipate every permutation of gear combinations that people will come up with, but we can strive to design the system so that there are fewer completely ridiculous looking characters running around. Yes, that's partially subjective. Yes, we also have a design aesthetic that, even with the introduction of the Transmogrifier, we still want to adhere to. No, I don't care if you personally think that any given tier set looks "silly"; that's not what's at issue.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/22/2011 4:13 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Rogue
After playing with WoW Model Viewer, I've decided that my main gearset is going to look like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=46174:13381:30987:40345:30998:47323:65998:34185:48657:48660

I'll need to rebuy the Tier 9 Chest and Pants as well as the Tier 8.5 Gloves, plus farm for the belt (TotC) and boots (Strath), but other then that I already have all of the other pieces of gear. Including Broken Promise and the Sword Breaker's Bulwark. I am so looking forward to this patch ....

take a look @ that link. Nice pants bro.
85 Troll Druid
Hey daxxari, I have a quick question on heirlooms.

Will the gear they can be transmogrified with work like shoulder enchants on heirlooms, and not show up until the required level of the item being used? Or will it appear that way at any level?

Heirlooms items would require you to own the item you wish to change the Heirloom into. If you mail the item to your alt, the 'mog is removed outright. However, I think you're asking about a situation where you are lvl59, with lvl60 items in your possession, and wanting to 'mog your lvl59 items into lvl60 items. I would assume this would not allow you to 'mog your lvl59 items since you can't use them.
Edited by Burlexx on 8/22/2011 4:29 PM PDT
85 Human Rogue
Daxx, was there any reason given for not being able to use legendaries? I find it a bit unjust for those people who spent weeks or months getting a legendary for it to be delegated to the bank for RP uses. You could make the arguement that the item 'had its time and that it is over', but you could make that argument for the whole idea of Morg; these item sets had their times, why not leave those to the banks too? They surely take less work to get than legendaries, and more people have access to them. You won't see a flood of legendaries, since they are harder to get, throw the hard workers a bone here and let us play with something we earned.

85 Troll Druid
08/22/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Eveliah
Daxx, was there any reason given for not being able to use legendaries? I find it a bit unjust for those people who spent weeks or months getting a legendary for it to be delegated to the bank for RP uses. You could make the arguement that the item 'had its time and that it is over', but you could make that argument for the whole idea of Morg; these item sets had their times, why not leave those to the banks too? They surely take less work to get than legendaries, and more people have access to them. You won't see a flood of legendaries, since they are harder to get, throw the hard workers a bone here and let us play with something we earned.

Well, I wouldn't like to see a Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros model on a Rustmaul Hammer. An idea, if Blues are reading, could be to allow items of a certain item level (391 for example) to be 'mog'd into legendaries, and have this concept change with new tiers.
Edited by Burlexx on 8/22/2011 4:33 PM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
I have not had the time to read through the mountain of threads on this subject but I would like very much to understate my gear that I have collected. Will we be able to use Grey vendor gear to Tmog? If not can we ask the devs if this would be possible??
100 Human Warrior
I understand silliness being subjective but it just seems like the transmogrifier is just going to be "tier set swap."
1 Night Elf Druid

came late to this thread - but the one and ONLY set i want to wear was my priests t.5 vestments of the virtuous. unfortunately, like so many others, it was deleted long ago due to space constraints - and absolutely zero chance of recovery. :(
It is a game. Design it to be fun and people will play it. Why cater to the "I'm so tough in my pixels" crowd and not cater to the "I just tanked Ragnaros with a fishing pole" crowd?

This game needs more comedic relief.
85 Human Paladin
Original Comments:
Make sure to tell the team: "Div doesn't like looking at the same model for 240+ levels... can we do anything about that?"

Blue follow up:
So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling,

My Follow up:
Make sure to tell the team:
"Div, Loves you guys..."
Edited by Divinara on 8/22/2011 4:36 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]