So. Let's talk dress up.

100 Draenei Paladin
I'm going to be sporting Season 8 set with with grand marshal's claymore. Cant wait!
85 Troll Druid
08/18/2011 03:51 PMPosted by Daystar

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

If this wasn't a total double standard, I would agree completely. Hell, I don't want to look silly, and I'd prefer others didn't either. But this is where you're going to draw the line? Really?

For the tiny minority of players that decide they want to have a silly weapon appearance, you guys are going to arbitrarily decide which weapons are "too silly" and which are not, and then have to worry forever after about people flocking to the forums because some new "unique" weapon type recently added to the game isn't allowed to be tm'd?

Yeah, good choice. That's not going to be a hassle or anything : /

Hey here's an idea: get rid of Moonkin form. I'm dead serious: Moonkin form. It's silly as hell, and I've always felt it broke my immersion. I actually campaigned against it back in Classic. After leveling 1-60 as Balance, I didn't want to be forced into looking like a deranged fat owl-bear with antlers. But nope, that got put in the game anyway, so I rerolled Feral.

And still no minor glyph to change its appearance, so Blizzard doesn't particularly seem to care about the game "looking too silly," now does it? All the cool looking Druid armors over the years have been replaced by a garish, stupid moonkin, and not a peep from the fashion police.

But now the game being "too silly" is a problem? What makes Moonkin any less immersion breaking than using a pitchfork? It's completely subjective. What about the Barman Shanker? How is a broken glass bottle going to pierce dragon hide? That item was so popular it even got remade, iirc.

This system is already too restrictive and conservative. Adding in subjective restrictions along with the objective ones is just suffocating it in bureaucratic red tape before it can even see the light of day.

Agree completely. "Silly" is subjective, and im sure most of the game can agree moonkin form fits that adjective.

It was fun for a while, but now its just boring and not all that great looking. Idve much preferred to have permanent tree form over permanent moonkin.
90 Undead Warlock
To my knowledge the frying pan was an off-hand, not a mace. So it it even an issue?
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
08/18/2011 04:09 PMPosted by Gelda
To my knowledge the frying pan was an off-hand, not a mace. So it it even an issue?

It is both, dearie. And yes, it is an issue for those who want to battle with kitchen items. :)

Spider Splatter Mace and Unidentified Cooking Utensil
Edited by Lull on 8/18/2011 4:14 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Mage
08/18/2011 03:53 PMPosted by Towercontrol
I'm going pirate gnome on all of my gnome chars.

Unless they consider pirate hats silly >.>
85 Undead Death Knight
I'm getting the Purple design of Judgement from TBC Heroics, and DK starting hood. The weapon and cloak is what i'm not sure about atm...
Edited by Steth on 8/18/2011 4:14 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
What concerns me is 'visually incomplete' teir sets and sets, for one reason or another, weren't used.

Since my main is a death knight, I want to go pick up the awesome looking T8 again for transmog. While the helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, and pants are available, but a matching skin for the boots (and I think belt too) is not. I personally would like a visually complete set.

Also, they made a uber sexy red colored skin of the DK T8. I think parts of the set, like the helmet, are available as non-teir pieces.
You know these skins:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/DarethDarkaxe/deathknight_tier8_male.jpg

So several Blues already mentioned that Blizzard is planning to allow players to pick up old gear sets in one way or another are no longer available to players. So what about models and skins that were never was available to players?
85 Troll Hunter
Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly.

Really? Have you seen the T11 hunter helm, when the Murlock was eating my head? and what about now? this fire pirate MAIL faceplate ( so, I guess, facemail?) with my tusks poking thought? They don't look silly.

Yeah, you are right. They don't look silly. They look ridiculous. There is a difference. My bad.

Let the man dual wield his fish.
85 Human Mage
What concerns me is 'visually incomplete' teir sets and sets, for one reason or another, weren't used.

Since my main is a death knight, I want to go pick up the awesome looking T8 again for transmog. While the helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, and pants are available, but a matching skin for the boots (and I think belt too) is not. I personally would like a visually complete set.

Also, they made a uber sexy red colored skin of the DK T8. I think parts of the set, like the helmet, are available as non-teir pieces.
You know these skins:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn193/DarethDarkaxe/deathknight_tier8_male.jpg

So several Blues already mentioned that Blizzard is planning to allow players to pick up old gear sets in one way or another are no longer available to players. So what about models and skins that were never was available to players?

out of all the boots in the game, im sure youll be able to find something that are a suitable match. think about it.
90 Human Warrior
08/18/2011 03:09 PMPosted by Divinara
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I can understand not allowing them to be the "source" but I don't really follow why they couldn't be the recipients.

Make sure to tell the team:
"Div doesn't like looking at the same model for 240+ levels... can we do anything about that?"

Agreed. Please make it so I can change them. I really can't stand the cloth caster helm, well from the back anyway. To bad I can't look at it from the front like others see it.
83 Blood Elf Paladin
I still need to get the helm to match this set, but I will definitely be wearing this or something close to it. Need to farm out of the shield from heroic ramps and find a nice sword to match, I only wish I could get my alliance pally this outfit.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Would love to get the Death Knight T10 look-alike plate from ICC, but I hate putting groups together and I hate RNG.
90 Human Warrior
I'll admit I've not read every post, but...
Any word on being able to Mog BoAs?

That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

Please reconsider the restriction on legendary weapons. No matter the weapon, these items take time and effort to acquire, and the people that peruse them deserve to be able to wield them in the same manner as their favorite armor. I would love to have an open discussion about this topic, but if that is not possible then please discuss it further. You only need to look at the posts here to see that people truly want it, and its not an unreasonable request, like fighting with a fish is.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For my "dress-up" I will be Ret as Tier 2, Prot as Tier 5, and Holy as T6 or maybe T7 (25man) as I think those are the best 3 paladin sets available (t3 would be an option for prot if brought back).
85 Troll Druid
[quote="30306941486"]We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

With all due respect, if they look too silly to be used in-game, why were they put in-game at all?
90 Night Elf Priest
But this is okay, right?

I get to show off those wonderful nelf hips. ;)
Edited by Celaanassa on 8/18/2011 4:48 PM PDT
I'm getting the old T10 set and the Unstoppable Force.

Ohhh I'm gunna look so cool. xD
85 Human Paladin

as long as my lamp post is safe
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]