Let's face it, Transmogrification is... #2

90 Troll Hunter

I do, however, fully expect that much like with every tier there will be many people who hate on them, and I fully expect Transmogrification will be used as a reason as to why they are the worst sets ever made. But, that's ok, we'll keep truckin'.

Were we actually truckin', I would have hit my horn in respect.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can you point me to where they have said that offically mage? cause I hope your wrong to be honest. Finding old raids to farm again and still be at the mercy of RNG is kinda depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I think the point everyone is missing is transmorgscamifacation is just another way to rehash old content.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
If anything this would only make them work harder imo. They are artists and artists want their work to be appreciated, if a set looks bad people won't use it, they will have the option to change it. But if they make a really nice set then people will want to show that off.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
My response to the original post:

"I completely disagree that the Transmogrifying will take away anything from the new designs process. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe the art teams will work HARDER to make the new gear look even cooler than old gear.

Imagine you're on the art team. You work your butt off to make something you hope everyone will think looks cool. Then you log into the game and go to your faction's capital city and you see everyone wearing old art that someone else designed. If that were me, I'd be all, "Challenge Accepted", and make damn sure that the next armor I design blows everything oldschool out of the freaking water.

The art will get better, not worse, due to this -- in my humble opinion."
Edited by Alcarinque on 8/18/2011 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can see one of two thingshappening:

1) Everyone gets into the mog thing. Everyone is wearing older gear sets. Blizz art department decides new designs aren't needed and gets lazy to the point where new tier sets designs are just blank white boxes that you put on and mog.

2) Everyone gets into the mog thing. Blizz notices no one is wearing current content because it looks funny. Art department gets inspired to create some really awesome looking stuff to compete with the older gears.

Obviously I hope for #2 :)

What about #3) A handful of players get into the mog thing, and a good majority of the rest of us could seriously care less.

I see #3 happening moreso than anything else. But then, it describes my feeling toward the whole thing, so I am biased a little. =)

Edit: I can agree with #2 though, that does seem to be the more interesting option to happen.
Edited by Deltoros on 8/18/2011 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I think that the Roaring Mask of Bethekk is just ugly as sin, and I see several people turn their helms off because of it. However, some people do like the goofy design for its comedic value.

So... one could have that kind of helm and choose what they want it to look like?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
If anything its a tribute to the work theyve done in the past. To produce something that creates an emotional response (in this case sentimentality) in people is what art is all about.

ART IS NOT A PRODUCT TO BE CONSUMED, AND THROWN AWAY WITH THE NEXT BIG THING (re: tier)

It is something which endures beyond its short term purpose - entertainment.

edit: I can spell I swear
Edited by Vaelkyri on 8/18/2011 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Bulwark of Azzinoth is considered to be the greatest shield design every made in game.

So if every tank transmorphed their shield to that old graphic, don't you think it undervalues any new shield graphics made in the game down the road?
Edited by Landragon on 8/18/2011 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No ones forcing you to do the old content or TM anything, dont be a sourpuss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
08/18/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Trydan
Can you point me to where they have said that offically mage? cause I hope your wrong to be honest. Finding old raids to farm again and still be at the mercy of RNG is kinda depressing.

I can:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973026165?page=121#2420

there you go in blue
Reply Quote
67 Troll Shaman
This post is totally wrong. I'm sure Blizzard will stay make top quality gear, and it will give people a choice to continue to use their "mogged" gear or if they like the looks of the new gear, they can use that now!
Reply Quote
89 Dwarf Priest
One of my biggest complaints about this game was the complete lack of character customization. Looking exactly like every single other priest in T11 gear sucks. This is definitely a step in the right direction on blizzards part. Now they should implement an armor dyeing feature.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
sigh, well bashiok is pretty offical there, so I guess its back to farming icc rng again...

*sobs uncontrollably*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
08/18/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Landragon
So if every tank transmorphed their shield to that old graphic, don't you think it undervalues any new shield graphics made in the game down the road?

I think it says that tanks have a pretty boring ideal view of a shield.

Personally I liked Royal Crest of Lordaeron and Elementium Reinforced Bulwark more than generic spikey shield.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/18/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Matuk
I do, however, fully expect that much like with every tier there will be many people who hate on them, and I fully expect Transmogrification will be used as a reason as to why they are the worst sets ever made. But, that's ok, we'll keep truckin'.

You blues never get a break, huh? :<

i guess that's why they call them the blues!
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Warlock
People are all unique. Sure there are certain more popular sets but this isn't out yet, how do we know whats going to happen already?

Give it time in my opinion.

Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
08/18/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Kyriani
Another thing I think some folk fail to consider is that this transmogrifying system could possibly be a valuable data gathering tool for Blizzard's artists. If they see consistent use of certain pieces they can take a look at whats different about those pieces compared to the rest of the stuff out there.

From what I've seen, it looks like we're going to be seeing a LOT of Burning Crusade T6 armor and weapons, and Tier 2, and lvl 60 PvP gear. Im going rogue t6 myself, or t10 possibly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/18/2011 01:55 PMPosted by Eruzies
Let's face it, Transmogrification is going to end Blizzards creativity when it comes to gear design. What's the point of Blizzard trying to astound people with aesthetics anymore now that every paladin in the world is going to resemble a banana.

I missed the first thread, so I'll start here.

Everyone at max level eventually looks like everyone else of their class already. They're either in the best PvE or PvP gear with little variance.

I like being able to show off that I got the top tier stuff, but eventually everyone has it. Being able to change it into something else at that point would make me look more interesting.

For last tier, I had a full set of the blue stuff, a blue tabard, a blue haircut, and the blue windrider. I like matching. This set I'll be in full red, but I really don't like the change-over. Blue with red and orange doesn't work. I would have used this to make all my new stuff look old until I finish the T12 setup.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
08/18/2011 03:03 PMPosted by Dragontooth

You blues never get a break, huh? :<

i guess that's why they call them the blues!

that reference, although most of the youngens won't get it, just thoroughly made my afternoon, ty! :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]