Any Plans for Legacy Armor Vendor?

85 Human Warrior
Really, I'm just curious about this. I'd like to know if Blizzard plans on creating a vendor who sells Legacy tier pieces to the class they pertain to. I'm not at all advocating this, though it could serve well, for those who really enjoy the armor that's no longer obtainable.

Again, this is just a thread exploring the possibility, not advocating it- would the community support/like a vendor who sold legacy armor pieces for current-grade JP/VP prices?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Really? No one even to voice some stern disapproval?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I'D like to see this....it'd be a good gold sink for them, and I'm sure most of us don't feel like hunting down old tier pieces......and many a Rogues who would like to have their Defias Leather set once more
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'd support this provided, as Feria stated, it is a GOLD sink and not some F2P style 'buy for real money' junk. But I seriously have doubts Blizz would go anywhere NEAR that.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
just to put this out there, all seasons of pvp gear, except for vengeful, are still available.
Reply Quote
Lazy.

Go farm it like everyone else.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
08/18/2011 05:44 PMPosted by Ðontlookdown
just to put this out there, all seasons of pvp gear, except for vengeful, are still available.

Available, yes, but often as rewards from raid pieces. I'm talking about old, cosmetic armor pieces sold for JP/VP.

I'd be perfectly happy if the Helm/Shoulders were sold for VP while the others were sold for JP.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
08/18/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Poyzinblud

Available, yes, but often as rewards from raid pieces. I'm talking about old, cosmetic armor pieces sold for JP/VP.

I'd be perfectly happy if the Helm/Shoulders were sold for VP while the others were sold for JP.

just get 6 people together and do the raids lol, not that hard and the old raids had some of the best stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
08/18/2011 05:48 PMPosted by Ðontlookdown

just get 6 people together and do the raids lol, not that hard and the old raids had some of the best stuff.

You can solo MC and AQ10, very true... but then again, there are some people who don't want to deal with drop chance and would like something of a greater guarantee than the RNG. Just puttin' that out there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Lazy.

Some sets (such as the DK starting gear) are un-farmable.

Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
There better not be. When Cata hit I started farming for Tier 1 then got bored and deleted the parts of the set I had gathered. Now, I've started again. If there's a vendor I'm going to flip a car or something.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If there are sets which are extremely popular with players and cannot be obtained in the game anymore through any means, we'll consider making them available elsewhere. I believe another Community Manager pointed out that the original vanilla dungeon sets and death knight starter area set are good examples of this.

It is, however, not extremely likely you'll see a lot of sets which are no longer possible to obtain be added back in for 4.3. We'll be expanding upon Transmogrification over time, in which case we'll absolutely consider adding highly coveted "out-of-stock" sets elsewhere.

Keep in mind though most of the original raid and PvP sets can still be obtained in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
why are you speaking in ifs? we know which armor sets are in the game and which arent
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
08/18/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
Keep in mind though most of the original raid and PvP sets can still be obtained in the game.

Tier 3?

(No, the revised Naxx sets aren't quite the same.)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Lazy.

failtrollfails.

A good gold sink is needed, and I agree with Kataki. First 3 T sets, so it's not a feeling of everything being given to you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/18/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Zarhym
If there are sets which are extremely popular with players and cannot be obtained in the game anymore through any means, we'll consider making them available elsewhere. I believe another Community Manager pointed out that the original vanilla dungeon sets and death knight starter area set are good examples of this.

Zarhym, will that include both the green quality AND blue quality DK starter sets? Plus the weapons? Those are key to the costume I plan to tmog my gear into.
Edited by Arcticanis on 8/18/2011 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/18/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Ferìa
many a Rogues who would like to have their Defias Leather set once more

I regret deleting mine. Impossible to obtain now, Edwin VanCleef now out of the picture...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for the info Zarhym,

One question, if you do end up adding the old vanilla dungeon sets, would you consider adding a way to get the .5 sets as well? I'm sure many people liked the recolors better than the original sets, I know I did. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
please add the keys back to AQ40 so i can finish my set!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]