Illidan Vs Lich King Rematch?

I have always believed Illidan would win against any boss in WoW.

About a year ago I read Arthas, I was amazed that Lich King won against Illidan.

On a side note Arthas = one of the best WoW novels

Now after discussion with others, we all agreed that Illidan would win in a fight against Arthas (I mean he hadnt even become the Lich King officially at that point)

I demand a rematch!

As if someone who is not even the Lich king yet could beat Illidan with his twin blades of Azzinoth. He is a demon who can see with no eyes, not even a rogue would be able to stealth near him!

Arthas was just a death knight, he was not the lich king (yet) Now think about it, he wasnt a boss yet, so he was still human size, Illidan was already a boss, so he was huge! He could have just stood on Arthas!

Illidan trained in Magic, he is RANGED, Arthas is melee, all Illidan has to do is stay at range and Arthas could do no damage to him.

Illidan had Demonic powers......... Arthas had a voice in his head & frostmourne
Illidan was already a villan........ Arthas was still undesided and thought he was a good guy
Illidan had just gained more power from the Skull of Gul'dan....... Arthas was feeling tired as he just finished fighting and going on a long journey through northrend.

Seriously Arthas did not beat Illidan, Frosmourne being turned towads him did. As if the damage the warglaives did, was less damage to a smaller person that Frostmourne did to a huge flying blind demon.

Its just unrealistic and I would like a realistic rematch. Illidan is the best villan in WoW history, even better than deathwing and Maligos.

Will we be seeing Illidan back anytime soon? <3 Illidan.
Edited by Taintedangel on 8/19/2011 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Illidan was actually never a villain until Burning Crusade. Everything he did was for a noble purpose but appeared otherwise, so he was ostracized. They then pulled the insanity card in Burning Crusade. I would really like to see them go over the insanity thing more, though. He wasn't showing any signs of wavering sanity prior to the expansion, so it's strange that all of a sudden he'd up and go crazy.

Both Illidan and Arthas can fight at ranged and melee by the way, and I'm also in the camp that Frostmourne and his proximity to the Lich King were the only things that allowed Arthas to win. However, Arthas as the Lich King is stronger than Illidan.
Edited by Blackriver on 8/19/2011 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
/facedesk
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
while illidan is and always be one of my favorite wow characters im afraid illidan is pretty much toasted never to return.
Reply Quote
It's Arthas

and reading the rest of your post

/facedesk
Edited by Ellieca on 8/19/2011 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
08/19/2011 03:14 AMPosted by Windstalker
while illidan is and always be one of my favorite wow characters im afraid illidan is pretty much toasted never to return.

Yes, at least Illidan went down in a blaze of glory. However, they made kael into a mockery by introducing him in Mgt.
Reply Quote
Unless you want to go retrieve illidan from the twisting nether, and grab the lich king from his icy tomb, this won't happen.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Really, the Lich King is the only villain we've had that actually owned up to his shenanigans. It was him, and no one else, that did all the things he did. No corruption, no insanity, nothing but the Lich King. You could make the argument that Arthas was corrupted, but it wasn't by an outside force. It was his own extremism and he never denied that.

Boy are you in for a big surprise, lol.

If you're so put off by the Old Gods, you're probably playing the wrong game. You never post anything constructive anyway and are always bashing the game except for Wrath, so I don't know why you're still here.

Yes, at least Illidan went down in a blaze of glory.

Except he didn't. Illidan needed more closure.
Edited by Blackriver on 8/19/2011 3:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Boy are you in for a big surprise, lol.

If you're so put off by the Old Gods, you're probably playing the wrong game. You never post anything constructive anyway and are always bashing the game except for Wrath, so I don't know why you're still here.

It's a fun game with a bad story. I don't know why you're in denial over this.

Actually myself and many other people disagree. In fact I don't even think the game itself is that spectacular, I largely just play for the story and the artwork. That said, you seem to do nothing but complain about everything constantly. I must admit it's quite annoying.

If you don't like the story, that's fine; don't go out of your way to complain about it at every chance you get. We really don't care.
Edited by Blackriver on 8/19/2011 3:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
08/19/2011 03:10 AMPosted by Yanzina
/facedesk

This about sums up my opinion on the matter.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Actually myself and many other people disagree. In fact I don't even think the game itself is that spectacular, I largely just play for the story and the artwork. That said, you seem to do nothing but complain about everything constantly. I must admit it's quite annoying.

No one ever accused you of having good taste. If you're unnerved by my criticism, you're welcome to not read it.

First of all, taste is entirely opinion. It makes one look very foolish to try to say that their tastes are somehow superior (claiming someone else doesn't have "good" taste) or fact (saying someone is in "denial" if they have different tastes) and is also completely paradoxical. It really does not help when that one does nothing but constantly complain to other people who are enjoying the content.

Second of all, like I said, why are you even still here if you hate the game so much? You said Wrath's style and story were so great, but it's the same artists and the same lore team working on Cataclysm. They haven't changed, it's still the same style, but with new themes, concepts, and environments. I have no idea why you see Cataclysm as so inferior, it doesn't make any sense, but it makes even less sense that you're still here.

That said, the suggestion to "not read" your posts is a good one and one I'll be heeding.
Edited by Blackriver on 8/19/2011 3:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Illidan was actually never a villain until Burning Crusade. Everything he did was for a noble purpose but appeared otherwise, so he was ostracized. They then pulled the insanity card in Burning Crusade. I would really like to see them go over the insanity thing more, though. He wasn't showing any signs of wavering sanity prior to the expansion, so it's strange that all of a sudden he'd up and go crazy.

Well he was imprissoned for 10 thousand years... That might have done it.

Yet his brother Malfurion after everything that happened in stormrage... still remains sane? Guess good guys are stronger.

You say Illidan was never a villain, he was never intentionally a villain, but he was considered a villain by everyone even his family. One doesnt need to think of them selves as being a villian to be one, thats like a criminal saying they are not, but the law disagrees.
Edited by Taintedangel on 8/19/2011 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Rogue
08/19/2011 03:07 AMPosted by Blackriver
He wasn't showing any signs of wavering sanity prior to the expansion, so it's strange that all of a sudden he'd up and go crazy.
i'd like, in the outlands revamp, for it to turn out that illidan was secretly looking for a cure to the broken's mutation and the blood elve's mana addiction. that we learn that we went against him for nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
For some reason, the thread title got me imagining a fighting game based on WoW characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]