Destromath alliance has a bit of a problem.

Let's face it. Destromath can be described as dead, and it has been for years. Strange enough people do end up coming back though, even if it is briefly. The Horde side is somewhat thriving, but Alliance is waaay dead. I'd like to bring it back. Make something of this server. Now i can't get people to be interested in this game, and i certainly can't teach everyone how to play. But allow me, to at least try to do a few things for the alliance on this server.

1. I would like the alliance to have at least 1 rbg team to hit 2400. We had a promising group but due to circumstances*coughdramacough* we went from a near 2100 team back down to 2k. I am calling all decent pvpers interseted in 2.2k+ rbgs to whisper me and let's get something going.

2. We need more raiding guilds attempting current Heroic content. I think there are only 2 guilds attempting heroic content right now. There's not much I can do in that department really, but be the best damn mage i can be for my guild.

To be honest, destro was pretty great once. When blizzard opened up server xfers and faction changes though, it certainly showed how many fence hoppers there really were(grass is always greener on the other side). Well Destromath, I for one vow to never leave you, and will always keep trying to make this server a better place.

Much Love,

Lyralust
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
DESTROMATH DOES NOT WANT YOU!!
Reply Quote
08/18/2011 09:59 PMPosted by Leon

We don't need new recruits. We need the people playing now to aspire to greatness.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Pst Deathstruck for consideration in RBGs in Sadface
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
08/18/2011 09:59 PMPosted by Leon

worth a laugh even if it was only for a second
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Daww I kinda feel the same way. Never shall I leave Destro. My "main" is still on the server. Same everything. Never changed anything since the day I made him over 5 years ago. If that counts.

But yeah I remember the days before transfers. Fun server. I log on now every month or so and ally side is dead. Mayhaps ill come back one day, but only time will tell. I'll do those rbgs, we'll get that 2400
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
1 Coalition (25 r) 6/7 (H) 234 7844.43
2 The Thundering Leg.. (10 r) 6/7 (H) 660 7308.33
3 TICKLEFIGHT (10) 5/7 (H) 782 6047.23
4 Colonial Space Mar.. (10) 3/7 (H) 1353 3380.55
5 Murderous Intent (10 r) 3/7 (H) 1527 3297.22
6 Momentum (10/25 r) 3/7 (H) 1650 3238.89
7 Short Circuit (10 r) 2/7 (H) 2024 2038.89
8 Semi Serious (25 r) 2/7 (H) 2391 1975.00
9 Midnight Vanguard (10 r) 2/7 (H) 2931 1911.12
10 Geeks Unleashed (10 r) 1/7 (H) 3686 675.00
11 Remedy (25) 1/7 (H) 4186 655.56
12 The Aristocracy (10) 1/7 (H) 5489 616.67
13 Temperamental (10) 1/7 (H) 5802 613.89

Only 13 guilds working on heroics and the attrition rate on 25 mans is ridiculous right now forcing 10 mans...
Reply Quote
I need a high rated group so I can stop losing 238473 per loss and winning 2 per win.
Reply Quote
Well, Check out what Deathstruck posted. Sadface now has 2 groups running and soon to have a third. I'm sure they can get a lock of your caliber into one.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
You ally females have such large child bearing hips.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Shortnugly it has nothing to do with attrition rate at all. 10 man's weren't that appealing during BWD-BOT for their difficulty on heroic so people leaned more towards 25 mans. Except now the Firelands content for 10 man guilds on heroic is a joke compared to the 25 man difficulty, so it's more appealing to do it on 10 man.
Edited by Cruneac on 8/21/2011 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
08/21/2011 02:21 PMPosted by Cruneac
Shortnugly it has nothing to do with attrition rate at all. 10 man's weren't that appealing during BWD-BOT for their difficulty on heroic so people leaned more towards 25 mans. Except now the Firelands content for 10 man guilds on heroic is a joke compared to the 25 man difficulty, so it's more appealing to do it on 10 man.

Not arguing that one bit. Just confirms my fear that sooner or later 25 mans will become non existent.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I am looking for a serious RBG team on my warlock. Brief background on my pvp experience:

1) Gladiator season 3 on a rogue in 3v3 with a lock/rogue/pally comp.
2) Achieved Flawless Victor title on my DK at the launch of WOTLK before Blizz nigged it back.http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Fanboyee/achievement#95:165

This lock will be in full pvp gear by the end of the weekend. I'm really only interested in playing with a group of people that are aspiring to hit 2200 in RBG's. If I sound like a good fit for a team that you are putting together, holler at me in game.
Reply Quote
Well Bose we do have a lock already however since i think our rbg group is on hiatus atm, I will put a group together next week. I will let you know.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
If you want to improve the server you need about 4 more 25m guilds raiding HM content per faction.

You also need to forget the idea of primarily recruiting on server and focus off server.

And yeah, then you also need 10-15 amazing arena teams & at least 40-50 people above 2900 in RBGs.

Get to that point and maybe it becomes better.

To be honest actually, the biggest problem with the server is laziness. Lack of the will to put something together and lack of people willing to lead. So many "i want to do this" while the same people sit on one thumb, suck on the other, and wait for someone else to help them do it. Then even if someone decides they want to try something they don't follow through or they do it half@ss. I can't even count the number of runs I've been in where someone 10 minutes in says "well I made the group but I dont know how to do this, can someone else lead it." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Or then the people that make the groups for bosses and then know 0 of their abilities....and ask the people they invited...WTF?

Then there are the PuSseee quitters. These people are my favorite. I guess they are so used to being hand fed epics and boss kills they have forgotten that blood, sweat, and tears go into progression and kills and furthermore any pug success. They have forgotten that effort goes into learning and rather quit than read or ask questions. The server is infested with this mentality.

I like examples so here is one:

3 weeks ago, our alt run. We have an elemental shaman and boomkin both around 363 ilvl. On Bethilac: Boomkin pulls a whopping 6k, Shaman 11k. Needless to say some ridicule and 'wtf o.O' did occur, BUT before and after that were plenty of "Hey use your mushrooms on the spiderlings, dot up all the spinners, etc..." Yes it is embarrassing to be the focus of criticism BUT now I get to the mentality of the person...rather than man up, say 'ya I totally blew on that one, how can I do better' or just read up on it himself, he pushed it off on everyone else and just quit. Said everyone in the raid was bad and didn't know what they were talking about and left. Mr oh so strong shaman (his buddy followed). QUITTERS. They will forever be lost in the downward cyclone that drains all potential from players. Rather than tough it out, ask questions, learn from people more knowledgeable, and admit silly mistakes....just idle in Org. Would have walked out with 5/7 at least and 2 more pieces of 378 (that got wasted). Instead chasing critters in org for 3 hours because of QUITTER attitude.

Then there are the rated BG's. While somewhat flaky, I will say it is much better than the will power and drive on the PvE side. But many times the halfa$$ comes back and people will make a group then say 'ok just go in and win'.....no calls mid game, 0 communication, strat, anything....

The single biggest fix to the server would be more driven and motivated leaders, that can then push people to be more driven and motivated themselves. I admire Lyralust for putting forth the effort to be one, but many more are needed to make Lyra's dreams a reality.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Also, I wouldn't go so far as to call 10m HM a joke. Yes many of the more challenging aspects of 25 man encounters lose their difficulty when brought down to 10m, but sometimes 10man brings new challenges to the table quite often relating to not ideal raid comps/rosters, lack of gear, and I would also say the difficulty of having to manage attendance.

Also...I would expect to see someone posting 10m being a joke to have pushed a little further in their 10m Heroic run o.O
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I think the "DESTROMATH DOES NOT WANT YOU!" campaign was entirely too successful, but that was well put Snuffy.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Congratz on the server first staff btw :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Server isn't going to be good again until Dade comes back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]