Taming of rare pets

90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm sure this has been posted alot in the past but I really feel the need to post again.
This is more so, thoughts that the developers should adjust and I'm not sure this is the right part of the forums but...
My hunter is spec'd BM and I have spent a lot of time with my searches of the rare pets.
Of course, now I am in the process of getting the rares in the Molten Front area.
I have camped many hours,days and I do know, that this is part of it and thats all well and good but what I do NOT agree with,is, ok...so you spend hours,days waiting for that one rare spawn,you have to research the strategies on how they are tamed,this takes time, a lot of it.
Right now,I'm speaking of my horror experiences with my hunt for deth'tilac.
I don't agree, that after I spend hours,days waiting for a spawn,spend an hour in my tame,for other players,to be able to just kill,while I am taming.
These pets are for hunters only,they serve no other purpose,something needs to be done,I am not the only hunter,I've seen an awful lot of upset hunters,in that area
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
stop crying thats what makes rare pets awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree with Moonraye.

I would like to add that something needs to be done to stop the griefing. It's happened to me twice that people have killed the rare while I was attempting to tame. I've seen other rares be killed while there were people trying to tame. When you put out so much effort, no, it isn't promised to you, but there really is nothing so heart-wrenching as seeing it spawn, having it be nearly yours, only to watch it die. It's just wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
As much as I hate to agree with the rather rude way Ranger worded his reply, I really do agree with him. It took me three, almost four days of barely sleeping to camp and tame Skarr.

I watched a Horde DK kill him then camp my body for an hour and a half, I watched eight hunters fight over the tame and eventually Skarr just died because everyone kept interrupting everyone else's tame, and when I finally saw him spawn for the third time and I finally tamed him, I appreciated having him that much more. It took so much work to get him and I'm more proud of the work I put in to taming him than I am to have the best pet skin in the game.

If the tames were easy and had no challenge outside of fairly scripted mechanics, they wouldn't be worth having beyond the cool looking skin. The challenge of obtaining the pet is part of the reward. Finding the pet is only a SMALL, SMALL, TINY fraction of that tame challenge, Moon.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The more people complain about it, the more you're going to see it happen. People just do that because they know it bothers people. Yes it's rude of them. Yes it sucks. But the game mechanics shouldn't be changed just because of it. If you get the pet, great. But if you don't, just move on and better luck next time.

But whatever happens, stop with all the complaints about it.

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/mudslide21/More_Short_WoW_Vids/ThisAgain.gif
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I don't camp pets. If they are there, cool. That's how I got Skarr (thanks to a random whisper from a fellow warrior telling me he was up) and Terropene (just happened to log on in Hyjal and he spawned right under me when I logged back in.

They are pretty unique to look at but every other pet of that class has the same abliities (of course not spirit beasts). I'll pull out my winersaber as often as I do Skarr. Same things.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's not the problem of rare pets.

The problem is the jackholes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I was doing the Molten Front dailies and Karkin was up... this was around 3pm EST. There were three hunters there after him. None of them apparently knew how to tame him; I watched each of them try twice and fail twice, then, being MM at the time, I tamed him in one attempt without a problem. One of those hunters got so angry that they made a series of alts and !@#$%ed at me for almost an hour. My point is this: If you cannot or do not know the strat to tame one of these things, don't get mad when someone who can and does comes in after giving you your chance and takes it from you.

Killing it is an ^-*!@#$ thing to do, certainly, though.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Try harder. I have literally camped one spot for nearly three days straight (minus sleep) to catch a pet. Put in more effort..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I found four rare pets today alone (unfortunately none of them were Madexx, the little guy keeps eluding me). Of the four, only managed to find Ankha a home before someone killed it. The other three (Karkin, Solix, and Ban'thalos) were taken down by Rare Hunters (the ones that kill the Rare pets). On top of that I tamed Skarr myself the night before.

Weird thing is nobody wanted the other three I announced.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Cut the QQ, one spider is as good as another. Just because you're a hunter doesn't mean you have more rights to a mob than anyone else. I'm so tired of seeing people crying about these damn beasts...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I was doing the Molten Front dailies and Karkin was up... this was around 3pm EST. There were three hunters there after him. None of them apparently knew how to tame him; I watched each of them try twice and fail twice, then, being MM at the time, I tamed him in one attempt without a problem. One of those hunters got so angry that they made a series of alts and !@#$%ed at me for almost an hour. My point is this: If you cannot or do not know the strat to tame one of these things, don't get mad when someone who can and does comes in after giving you your chance and takes it from you.

Killing it is an ^-*!@#$ thing to do, certainly, though.

That's rather funny.

By series of alts, do you mean he made one after another because you kept putting him on ignore or something?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
For sure do research, I finally found Ban'thalos and tried for better than ten minutes to tame it yesterday but it would never get close enough to a mountain peak to be in range to tame or shoot it to bring it in range.

Then a Horde hunter came, landed on a tree top that I would have thought impossible, tamed it, laughed at me and flew off.

Had I researched what I needed to do it would have been mine instead!
Edited by Kubla on 8/20/2011 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I got all pets of 4.2 except banthalos and ankh but to your surprise , (this is my goblin hunter on pvp realm) many alliance hunters helped me, even though we have no way to communicate and they can kill me whenever they want, so I'm saying theres still good left in this hunter community :) Referring to my Acestingray Toon check it's pets tab for proof
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
bah just wait a few weeks it always dies down
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/20/2011 06:09 AMPosted by Stingrayace
I got all pets of 4.2 except banthalos and ankh but to your surprise , (this is my goblin hunter on pvp realm) many alliance hunters helped me, even though we have no way to communicate and they can kill me whenever they want, so I'm saying theres still good left in this hunter community :) Referring to my Acestingray Toon check it's pets tab for proof

Actually now I think you can look up all of a hunter's pets in the profile now, including the stabled ones.

Confirmed: You can.
Edited by Drahliana on 8/20/2011 7:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Sort of off the subject, but for Deth'tilac, just bring a Druid friend and have him/her chain root the spider. Sacrifice your pet over and over (8 times) until Deth'tilac gets to 20% health, and tame.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]