Most fun DPS class

85 Human Death Knight
Alright, so I just came off a 6 month break from WoW. I've been playing for 6 years and have had a blast off and on. Unfortunatly, I don't feel like the WoW of today is the WoW I fell in love with. Regardless, I need a game to have some fun with, and Star wars isin't out yet to try, so I'm back to WoW for a bit.

My Question for you all is, in the current state of WoW, what is the most fun DPS class to play and why? Why do you enjoy it? Forget how well it does in PvP or PvE. I'm looking for pure fun factor! :D

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/19/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Concshotqt
Shockadin
This.

but seriously assassination rogue. not that i would know or anything...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Ah fun, that thing people say you should enjoy pures for. ;)

Snark aside, you'll need to provide some info, like do you like DoTs? Direct damage? Melee? Ranged? We can't offer anything if we don't know your preference.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Boomkin. I like the unique mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Feral Druid, SV Hunter, and Arms Warrior.

There's a reason those hit 85 and my 7 other alts haven't.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
depends whose asking, doesnt it.

if youre slow, you could go arcane mage. hard to mess that up. hopefully they will buff fire and the real mages will stand out again.

if youre goofy, you could go balance. nothing like an overweight purple people eater. although it seems really likely that balance will get "balanced" sooner or later.

if youre a creeper, you could roll a priest, and do all the creepy things priests do.

if you like to jump around because you [need attention][cant sit still][are still a tigger fan], you could roll a hunter, and dps while you bounce.

if you want people to assume youre bad and you want people to [never expect much from you][be amazed when youre good], there is always a DK.

if you want to provide your groups with nothing of any value, you could be a warrior.

if you want to provide your groups with a life lesson by tricksing mobs to the healer and vanishing, you could always be a rogue.

if you want to feed off the bottom being ignored by wow gods patch after patch, you could be a shaman.

or, if you know what i mean... you could be mushroom.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Feral Druid, SV Hunter, and Arms Warrior.

There's a reason those hit 85 and my 7 other alts haven't.

I approve of this. If you enjoy rotations that involve skill, try any of these three classes. Feral is definitely the hardest dps in the game to master imo. (Lol at using "definitely" and "imo" in the same sentence.)

I personally hate any dps class with a casting bar. Standing and click =/= fun. Balance druids are top dps n raids atm but they are sooooooooooo boring.
Reply Quote
Out of all my toons, I find Shadow to be the most fun.

I also just discovered that I really enjoy Elemental. It's one of the most simple specs, but I find it to be pretty fun, and I can actually put out fairly decent numbers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Mage because everyone complains about them
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Rogue for PVP and Demo lock for PVE(You can turn into Illidan brah)
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Thanks for all the replies guys.
I know some people are taking this like a "What class should I play" thread. It's not that at all. I'm more interested in what YOU play and WHY?

I have an 80 shammy that I played since vanilla. Loved em before, but not I just feel they're becoming a bit...boring I guess. I've played it so long, I need some change. I have an 85 druid as well that I played back in TBC. I rolled moonkin when people that moonkin was lame. They'd say "You can't DPS as moonkin. lolkin". Then at the end of the run, I'd have them yelling "Booooomkin"

I guess I'm looking for a class that will challenge me a bit and still be fun. One where my dedication to the class will set me above others. But I don't want a class where I have to work extra hard just to come out equal with other classes in PvE. Old school Feral and Enhance where like that, and while I liked the challenge, I'd rather have a higher payout with the skill investment.

I'm actually caught between Hunter and Warlock right now. Hunter being the more populated, but noob ridden class, I feel I could rise up and show some skill by being head and shoulders above the noobs. However, from what I'm reading, there isin't a very good return on investment with this class at the moment.
Walock has a lower representation, and seems like it could dish out some good potential. However, they seem like easy pickings for rogues and the ever abundant feral druids. I'm also worried that they may just be a weak mage.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
depends whose asking, doesnt it.

if youre slow, you could go arcane mage. hard to mess that up. hopefully they will buff fire and the real mages will stand out again.

if youre goofy, you could go balance. nothing like an overweight purple people eater. although it seems really likely that balance will get "balanced" sooner or later.

if youre a creeper, you could roll a priest, and do all the creepy things priests do.

if you like to jump around because you [need attention][cant sit still][are still a tigger fan], you could roll a hunter, and dps while you bounce.

if you want people to assume youre bad and you want people to [never expect much from you][be amazed when youre good], there is always a DK.

if you want to provide your groups with nothing of any value, you could be a warrior.

if you want to provide your groups with a life lesson by tricksing mobs to the healer and vanishing, you could always be a rogue.

if you want to feed off the bottom being ignored by wow gods patch after patch, you could be a shaman.

or, if you know what i mean... you could be mushroom.

Warriors provide nothing of any value? I'd say a 5% crit buff, 549 strength + 549 agility buff, 10% damage 10% damage reduction shout, rallying cry, 12% armor debuff are certainly of value. Not to mention providing good to very good dps.

Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I play a Demo warlock because it's the second closest thing to an actually engaging playstyle I've played (though the most fun and hectic part is the first 10 seconds or so, the rest is pretty enjoyable too, if a bit less engaging than I would hope. First closest was also Demo, before ISF got changed... wtb it back).

It's great to have damage on-command, and peaking higher than Arcane Mages at the start of a fight is pretty fun too.

Oh, and I can turn into Illidan brah.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Fun factor for me: Survival Hunter and DW Frost DK. Once you start getting a lot of haste, Frost becomes pretty spastic and procs fly left and right!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I still have fun on my mage, despite many discouraging factors. Cataclysm hasn't been very kind to us but I can't leave my mage, at least for now.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 8/21/2011 2:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I personally play a Feral Druid and a Destruction Warlock. I find them both very fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]