Transmogrification, unanswered questions!

85 Tauren Paladin
Hello forumers! and blizz! I have a few questions about the upcoming addition of!

Transmogrification!

Now, it stated, that if you have the gear, and weapons, you can change your gear into an older tier set whatever, etc etc, AQ40 is beast, blah blah blah.

Now, i have a few Questions.

1.)Will it only be available to vanilla gear?
For example, since im a paladin, can i only transmogrify my gear to said, vanilla paladin Tier sets? such as judgement? Or can i also do the same for Burning Crusade, and or, Wrath of the Lich King tiers?

2.)Can you change it to PvP gear?
For example, could i transmogrify my gear to, the High Warlord's set?
Or the Brutal Gladiator's?
Or the WotLK gladiator sets?

3.)Third and final! Do you have to have SETS of gear in order to change your gear to other SETS of gear? Or can you change one at a time? And does your current gear have to be apart of a set or can be such as if you were a fresh 85, mixes of greens and blues?

If i could get a blizz post on this, that'd be great, if any of the forumers know the answers! Please post!:)

EDIT: is there also any way to restore the look of your gear to it's original set?
Edited by Whassupage on 8/19/2011 6:44 PM PDT
90 Orc Warrior
1. no
2. yes
3. no
Community Manager
1. no
2. yes
3. no

Hehe. This is correct. :)

08/19/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Whassupage
EDIT: is there also any way to restore the look of your gear to it's original set?

Yes, you can undo mogging by visiting the NPC at any time.
Edited by Zarhym on 8/19/2011 6:53 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior
1. no
2. yes
3. no

Well this is fantastic, cant wait.
90 Orc Warrior
1. no
2. yes
3. no

/cheer
36 Worgen Warlock
awesome, Already have a staff, shoulders, and helm in mind for one of my mains
90 Night Elf Druid
1. no
2. yes
3. no

Also, will the "look" item keep it's enchantment (*weapon glow) effect?
Edited by Frapsity on 8/19/2011 6:59 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin
Zarhym,

can you answer the raging concerns over what is going to happen with T3/Naxx60 items? are they going to be implemented or will they remain as they are?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
4. Can you transmog Heirloom gear?
Community Manager
08/19/2011 06:59 PMPosted by Frapsity

No, only the item art will be transferred to the piece you're actually wearing.
90 Night Elf Druid
08/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Zarhym

Thanks.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Will I be able to raid in this outfit, excluding the flower weapons of course?
85 Troll Druid
I have a question!

Will the items with built in animations (Shaman T10 / Warlock T6) carry through after they are transmorgified?
90 Night Elf Warrior
One thing I'm curious about is repetition.

Say I have 2 different shields I use with decent regularity for whatever reason, just as an example, and I want to make them both use the art of, say, the elementium reinforced bulwark. Would I be need to farm up a second shield to use as a transmogrify target, or would having only one allow me to transmogrify ALL the things?
2 Tauren Druid
Do you have to show a piece of armor like shoulders? Or can you hide it like helm and cloak? For example if I leave the shoulder slot empty in the Transmogrification interface will the shoulders have no art aka be "hidden"?
Edited by Nakedgirl on 8/19/2011 7:17 PM PDT
Community Manager
Zarhym,

can you answer the raging concerns over what is going to happen with T3/Naxx60 items? are they going to be implemented or will they remain as they are?

Not with the release of the feature. The closest available item art would be the Naxx 80 sets.

08/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Kaiwren
4. Can you transmog Heirloom gear?

This isn't something we currently plan to allow with the release of the feature either. Whether or not we'd allow this in the future remains to be seen.
85 Tauren Paladin
sweet, thanks for replying :)
85 Blood Elf Mage
08/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Zarhym

By that do you mean if the weapon I use is enchanted, I "mogg" it and it show the used weapon enchant since it's the one active or it show none becasue too many gfx effect on teh item would emss things up?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]