Transmogrification, unanswered questions!

90 Night Elf Warrior
Zarhym,

can you answer the raging concerns over what is going to happen with T3/Naxx60 items? are they going to be implemented or will they remain as they are?

Not with the release of the feature. The closest available item art would be the Naxx 80 sets.

08/19/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Kaiwren
4. Can you transmog Heirloom gear?

This isn't something we currently plan to allow with the release of the feature either. Whether or not we'd allow this in the future remains to be seen.

Cue hallelujah chorus, very glad to hear this
85 Blood Elf Mage
One thing I'm curious about is repetition.

Say I have 2 different shields I use with decent regularity for whatever reason, just as an example, and I want to make them both use the art of, say, the elementium reinforced bulwark. Would I be need to farm up a second shield to use as a transmogrify target, or would having only one allow me to transmogrify ALL the things?

The item is not destroyed so you can re-"mogg" as amny shield to a single model as long as you provide gold to those sneaky guys.
Community Manager
I have a question!

Will the items with built in animations (Shaman T10 / Warlock T6) carry through after they are transmorgified?

That's a good question. I believe so, but I'll need to check in with the devs.

Say I have 2 different shields I use with decent regularity for whatever reason, just as an example, and I want to make them both use the art of, say, the elementium reinforced bulwark. Would I be need to farm up a second shield to use as a transmogrify target, or would having only one allow me to transmogrify ALL the things?

Once you have an item in your possession, you should be able to copy the art of that item to as many applicable items you want. So if you have one helm you really like for art, you copy it over to the current helm you're wearing and put the original item back in your bank/Void Storage. If you wear multiple sets you can copy the art over to each of those helms.

08/19/2011 07:04 PMPosted by Tharama
Will I be able to raid in this outfit, excluding the flower weapons of course?

Aside from the items you're holding, I don't see anything that should be excluded. ;)
90 Night Elf Warrior

The item is not destroyed so you can re-"mogg" as amny shield to a single model as long as you provide gold to those sneaky guys.

Excellent. I think my first action with this feature will be to find every 2h axe I have, and suddenly arcanite reapers everywhere.
85 Draenei Paladin
Did his skull animation change or is it just me?
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
1. no
2. yes
3. no

Hehe. This is correct. :)

08/19/2011 06:42 PMPosted by Whassupage
EDIT: is there also any way to restore the look of your gear to it's original set?

Yes, you can undo mogging by visiting the NPC at any time.

Hey Zhar, is there a minimum level requirement for the item we want to transmog? Or could I transmog gear on my (currently) level 10 shaman?
Just wondering if I should try to gather up the scarlet chain set for pre-70 transmogrification or not.
85 Undead Warrior
Would there be an iLvl or level requirement for transmogrification?

Thanks.
Community Manager

No, only the item art will be transferred to the piece you're actually wearing.

By that do you mean if the weapon I use is enchanted, I "mogg" it and it show the used weapon enchant since it's the one active or it show none becasue too many gfx effect on teh item would emss things up?

It shows the enchant of the item you actually have equipped, along with the art of the item you "copied."
Edited by Zarhym on 8/19/2011 7:46 PM PDT
85 Undead Priest

4. Can you transmog Heirloom gear?

This isn't something we currently plan to allow with the release of the feature either. Whether or not we'd allow this in the future remains to be seen.

But the original model will be available, yes?
35 Worgen Warrior
Do we have to own the items to moggify them? Sorry if this has been answered, been looking everywhere for a blue post, though.
Would there be an iLvl or level requirement for transmogrification?

Thanks.

Yeah you said my question in less words. :P
90 Draenei Mage
I don't believe we yet know when or if this feature is unlocked at a certain level, care to let us konw if it's just for max level players or can your lowbie alts share in the glory of mogging as well?
100 Dwarf Hunter
I suppose here's a question then.

Will BoA items be able to be transmogrified? I hadn't seen any info about that subject come up on the blue tracker.
I suppose here's a question then.

Will BoA items be able to be transmogrified? I hadn't seen any info about that subject come up on the blue tracker.

They confirmed earlier in this thread that heirlooms will not be Moggable.
90 Blood Elf Rogue

By that do you mean if the weapon I use is enchanted, I "mogg" it and it show the used weapon enchant since it's the one active or it show none becasue too many gfx effect on teh item would emss things up?

It show the enchant of the item you actually have equipped, along with the art of the item you "copied."

So, I have Eye of Purification enchanted with Power Torrent and I transmogrify it into Mandible of Beth'tilac with a Wind Walker enchant, I will be shown using a Mandible of Beth'tilac with Power Torrent?
85 Troll Druid
Zarhym,

can you answer the raging concerns over what is going to happen with T3/Naxx60 items? are they going to be implemented or will they remain as they are?

Not with the release of the feature. The closest available item art would be the Naxx 80 sets.

Hey Zarhym,

I have two questions I would love answered!

1. I believe you or one of the CM's said the same thing about T0/T0.5 dungeon sets not being available at release of the feature but something you want to have added in the future. What is Blizzard's take on adding T3/Naxx60 items after release of the feature? Is that something down the road you see being returned or is T7/Naxx80 always going to be a way for players who didn't obtain T3 or Naxx items to get something similar while letting players who raided Naxx60 enjoy the perk of wearing the original version?

2. With epic quality items that are heavy in lore and with unique models such as the Corrupted Ashbringer or Hellscreams axe will Blizzard be looking at these items to see if they should be allowed in players hands for mogging just as you have pruned out the silly items like rolling pins and fish, etc? Whether you care about lore or the stories of the game you have to keep these things in check otherwise it just gets too "silly."

Daxxarri said it best yesterday and I think it applies to these non-legendary items that I feel would make the game "silly" if everyone had. Isn't that the reasoning behind removing legendaries from mogging? To avoid the influx of iconic weapons being overused?

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check.
Edited by Woodheys on 8/19/2011 7:41 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
Old pvp sets aren't going to be transmogrifiable? What? Why?

I love this old Merciless set :(

Edit: Whoops, I misread. Yay for old pvp sets!
Edited by Aenwyn on 8/19/2011 7:54 PM PDT
89 Undead Mage
Zarhym,

Hopefully never. But nothing is never in this game. If you do allow it down the road, it better be a long hard grind and / or RNG as hell.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]