Cascaders is back in black, LFM

87 Human Warlock
Who remembers 40 man raids? The nightmare of putting, up to, 6-8 Warriors in a run. And trying to appease them all, with egos like Aideris, Jonathon, or Telemakoz! Jk, love you guys.

Nightmare rising getting their asses handed to them in AB! And getting their raids wiped trying to kill world bosses like the Dragons, or Kazzak.

Farming up mats, for flasks, for HOURS. And having them go away after every death :(. Before Gnomes were "equals". When it was unacceptable for any hybrid class to be anything other than a healer.

After 2 years of not raiding much, I've decided to reform Cascaders with some old names; Disektor, Annamageous, Fernshade, Campingkarl, and Neuadan. I'm certain I'm crazy for doing so. But it's been a blast thus far. We stepped in to Firelands 2 weeks ago, we've had a total of 4 raid nights. In that time we've managed to kill everything up toRagnaros. We'll be looking at putting Ragnaros down next reset.

I'm scrounging every week to fill a few key roles, and we're certainly missing any reserves. We are currently raiding on Sundays, and did a Saturday raid in addition, this week. That schedule will remain due to the aborigines that play from Australia and New Zealand.

I've run a successful guild on this server for all of Vanilla and in to BC. Despite the significant changes to the game I've managed to somehow retain my ability to lead raids in Cataclysm with success. With the difficulties of moving out of purple !@#$ on the ground, which prompted the "typically in WoW %^-* on the ground, swirling, pulsing, or even stationary is usually bad and should be avoided" speech, and the always famous, "healers are oom cuz you baddies take to long to kill !@#$, so pick it up", I don't really know how we've done it. But we have!

On to the point: we're looking for more people! Specifically:

Melee - Rogue, Warrior, possibly an enhanc Shaman, or Feral
Healer - Druid, Shaman

If your interested in playing with a successful guild, an experienced GM, old, experienced players, or just giving Disektor %^-* all day, hit us up.

Edit: A more stable schedule.

Tue, Wed, Thu - Were going to do some light raiding from 8-10 (possibly 11) server
Sun - 5-9 Server

I think this schedule will work well. If something changes I will put the information here
Edited by Sinestra on 8/24/2011 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What the duece
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
Zeeeeeeeeee
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
bump for Sin
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
WTB good rogue. I get lonely being the only melee :(
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
dise is bad
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
Thumbs up above poster
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I Love You
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
Shylahh is a qt
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
WTB Rogue/Resto druid :(
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
There are no good rogues...

Dise<3!

Chronic
Edited by Cheatdeath on 9/2/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Chronic I miss you come back to me! We can pull aggro and die on Molten Destroyers and Molten Giants just like we used to!
Reply Quote
Smog stole my bicycle!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
O.o old school peeps /madrespect
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid
Sounds awesome.

In its prime in vanilla, Cascaders was the best end-game raiding guild on the server, surpassing even Exeunt Omnes, the previously premier end-game guild, as AQ20/40 was released. If memory serves, it was born from a sudden split from the guild Sin Cera (led by Kaladin and Mordu), as well as members of "Core 40" groups that were the result of raiding contributions from various guilds, including Black Hand (led by Dreadprophet).

Those that were a part of Cascaders will never forget the synergy, the laid-back atmosphere, and the flat-out dynamic awesomeness that Cascaders fielded. Who could forget AFKelmaili, afk before EVERY PULL, with Jon shouting "AFK PISSES ME OFF!" Who could forget the feeling that everything would be better when, after several wipes in Blackwing Lair, Thorinoxe stepped up to tank? Who could forget Versco (one of the best feral druids on the server) pioneering the uncharted waters of feral dps, at a time when feral had only recently become viable (patch 1.8)? Who could forget Sylval, making his "Don't suck potions," and handing them out to raid members before boss pulls? Or Jon enduring the brutal droprate for his tier 2 legs, which Ragnaros would never part with? Or the Battleguard Sartura pulls, where the only raid prep we had was the song "Move, B!tch, get out da way"? Or Chronic slaughtering horde in pvp with his 2-hander from Nef? Or "Gaysexstore" (Disektor)? Or Kurdran, perhaps the best hunter on the server? Or Neuadan, Sylval, Aristia, and the rest?

Gone, but not forgotten, are the vanilla days of Cascaders. I remember those days well. Sylval and Aristia, my RL friends, remember them also. I regret that I left the guild in frustration over unimportant issues, and perhaps offended a few of the members. I would be honored to have this character among them again, if they would have me.

~ Poet, 85 Horde Priest
The Feral Aggressors
Edited by Elanniel on 9/8/2011 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
NOOOOO Elanniel!!! Sigh I still remember never being able to beat u in duels! Druids were not fair! Lets not forget the most important member we had back then Lightswitch that guy !@#$ing owned!

Good times...

Chronic
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
NOOOOO Elanniel!!! Sigh I still remember never being able to beat u in duels! Druids were not fair! Lets not forget the most important member we had back then Lightswitch that guy !@#$ing owned!

Good times...

Chronic

Lightswitch was definitely the driving force behind Cascaders. He taught me more about this game than anyone else. Talking to Thorinoxe, I guess Lightswitch is making a come back for Diablo. So I'll be catching up with him there. Talked to him through emails a few times. He's now at a law firm in Chicago. If anyone recalls he quit playing when he was transferring to Harvard

Elanniel: There is always a spot for you in CC. Just look for me in game

Recruitment bump: Ragnaros has been killed, I neglected to update this post, or check back to it. We're starting to settle out on our immediate demands. I'd still like to pick up another healer, tank, and possibly a dps, for rotation spots. Having some solid players to add to the mix, to help with emergencies, outside plans, and just a break for everyone, would be great.

We're still raiding primarily on the weekends, Sat/Sun at 5 server. If you're interested in a solid raid group, with a fun atmosphere, hit me up and we'll see where it goes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]