So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

90 Troll Shaman
With Transmogrification coming up in 4.3, does anyone have sets already stashed? If not, does anyone have any idea what 'suit' they want to put together? C'mon, I want ideas and pretty pictures!

Anybody, anybody? Beuller? Let's have fun with this!

Well the last thread reached it's limit, so let's hit up another one! There were a few questions not answered in it so maybe I can help a bit.

08/22/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Everlasting
Question: can you transmog to nothing? As a caster I always hated the shoulder pads and would like to go with just robes. It would also be cool to be a "weaponless" rogue that punches.

The answer is no last I checked, I've been hovering over the blue posts for all things Transmog. You CAN choose some really small ones though.

08/22/2011 04:32 PMPosted by Èlphaba
I have not had the time to read through the mountain of threads on this subject but I would like very much to understate my gear that I have collected. Will we be able to use Grey vendor gear to Tmog? If not can we ask the devs if this would be possible??

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

EDIT: It must also have stats. So says the protoss guy below.

Hm.

Question for weapons-

If the weapon we want to transmogrify is unique, does that mean the skin can only be on one weapon?

Sorry if this has already been asked before.

Unique generally applies to a weapon that has procs or overparticular expensive stats, I don't see a good reason why "unique" would effect an item if it's being 'Mogged onto another.
Edited by Panadyne on 8/24/2011 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/22/2011 06:08 PMPosted by Panadyne
Unique generally applies to a weapon that has procs or overparticular expensive stats, I don't see a good reason why "unique" would effect an item if it's being 'Mogged onto another.

On the other hand, they also banned copying legendaries because they're special.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

I really hope the ability to hide additional armor slots becomes available in the near future. The outfit I'd like to have doesn't include shoulders and just looks goofy with any of the different shoulder arts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Daxxarri, I have a hunnter and would like to use a rogue t2 recolor (from BC dungeons). Is it possible to use leather items to skin onto my mail current gear?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue

Why is that?

Can you see my shoulders right now? And then the rest of me? There's totally something wrong about that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Daxxarri, I have a hunnter and would like to use a rogue t2 recolor (from BC dungeons). Is it possible to use leather items to skin onto my mail current gear?

Thanks!

Not at this moment, you can only mog mail as a hunter.

Also, I am ONE PIECE AWAY from finishing my set, but apparently killing Maloriak 12 times wasn't enough for my helm to drop.
Reply Quote
97 Orc Warrior
Any special cases for gear with really iconic looks that were good for multiple armor types (at least at one point)?

Cursed Vision of Sargeras was awesome for leather/mail/plate, despite being leather, and had a wicked graphic. I'd love to use that model again, even though it isn't plate. Ditto for the Crown of Destruction (for mail).
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
08/22/2011 06:43 PMPosted by Karat

On the other hand, they also banned copying legendaries because they're special.

Oh Hey Karat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I had a question that might have been answered already but: Say I have 2 axes and I want to make them both look like for example wrathful gladiator cleavers or something does that mean I have to have 2 wrathful gladiator axes to do so?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri
For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Well... I guess I won't be starting that thread requesting a "Hide Belt" option. There are a couple of sets I've put together where the necessity of a belt spoils the look created. I am sure it is the same for others and shoulders.

This is simply a hopeful request asking the powers that be to reconsider :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I'm going to be farming Dire Maul for the Saltstone gear minus the helm. I also plan on picking up the shield, since I think it looks pretty cool, especially with the rest of the armor. I don't know what sword I'm going to pick up, but I'll probably go back to a Classic-WoW sword to fit with the look of the rest of the gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thank God that mage tier 12 looks amazing. If nothing else, I already have my set ready to go!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
some of us Warrior types have longed to go shirtless, and truly make /flex mean something.

OK, sure it would look better as a human or orc, tauren but eh whatever.

WTB EQ Monk class.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
08/22/2011 06:50 PMPosted by Drogin
I had a question that might have been answered already but: Say I have 2 axes and I want to make them both look like for example wrathful gladiator cleavers or something does that mean I have to have 2 wrathful gladiator axes to do so?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/22/2011 06:50 PMPosted by Drogin

My understanding is that you'll only need one. The item isn't consumed when you copy it, so I don't see why you would need multiples.

Any special cases for gear with really iconic looks that were good for multiple armor types (at least at one point)?

Cursed Vision of Sargeras was awesome for leather/mail/plate, despite being leather, and had a wicked graphic. I'd love to use that model again, even though it isn't plate. Ditto for the Crown of Destruction (for mail).

I would love to be able to turn my helms into eyepatches, but I really doubt they're going to make special exceptions for items. The checks are probably being done on a restriction basis, rather than an allowance basis. If so, it would probably be disproportionately difficult to create special exceptions.

08/22/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Hynistriús
Oh Hey Karat.

Oh, hey. How's life?
Edited by Karat on 8/22/2011 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Any chance rules will be bent for low-level psuedo-sets such as Battleforge Armor, where the gear itself is generally created for plate wearing classes, but its mail due to the item level?
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
08/22/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Is this statement an indication that you are considering statless item to be eligible in a future tweak of the feature? There are many, many lovely and unique items it would be a shame to leave out just because the are of white or grey quality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]